The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Right, i was busy doing my slayer task under the Legends Guild,

I approched the north-west corner and found this:

[hide=]map1qv5.png[/hide]

I might be the Asgarian Ice dungeon or the Temple of Ikov dungeon, but I couldnt find the KBD lair north of where I was.

Edit: Heres the link to my picture http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5848/map1qv5.png

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

SoS pick is great, obviously SoS is not under Barbarian Village, seems it is up north along with all the other newer dungeons :?

Medead, it seems like the end of the Ikov Ice Dungeon, good find though! :)

I think the 2nd KBD lair was taken out during some update, similar to the removal of the Varrock replica after this thread's creation :(

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Many of those places youve put as incorrect are actually correct. Let me name and reason:

(I'll go in order of your pictures)

1)Legazy of Seergaze near Barrows - If you take a look at the world map and check where are the barrow mounds and where is entry to the seergaze maze, and remember, that seergaze maze went west, that would, in fact, be correct to assume, that these two places are right next to each other.

2)Mort'Shade tomb near Barrows - Just like the first, they're right next to each other, maybe very little further apart, but thats discussable. Still, seems correct.

3)Taverley & Entrana dungeons - They're actually next to each other, if you look at the world map. This is the most correct.

4)RC Portals - Well, this is up to debate, but.. No one really knows where are these portals right? We just know where the entrance stones are, and as it seems, these stones just "take" us to their active copies a.k.a. - rc portals. In fact, it would seem right to me that they're nearby - the magic of runecraft would be most strong in one place. And Stones around this place would have gotten the power of runecrafting so that people could make runes. Only portals away from these two are ZMI and Astral, though that's explainable - zamorakians used their magic to force a stone to work as rc stone, which would explain getting random runes, since they probably didn't specify which runecraft magic to work on which portal. Magic got confused and forced all the magic to be in 1 single stone. As for astral, the astral magics are still a mystery.. Probably the flying lady by the rc stone made it runecraftable.. And has to stay there so that the magic is still there. :)

5)MTA rooms near Goblins - Could be right, since the goblin cave goes deep to the east.

6)Abyssal area - I see nothing wrong with this. How is it wrong? You just go through a wall through different passages.. No reason for that to be here.

7)Troll generals and Slayer cave - Take a look at the map. How far is the stronghold from cave entrance? Since it's the far end of slayer cave and far end of general room, that seems correct.

8)Underground Karamja mountains (Agility area) - Dude, seriously? They're right next to each other. Of course it's correct.

9)HAM dungeon and Lumby cellar - As always, they're next to each other and seems just right.

10)Tolnas rift and Varrock cellar. Tolna's rift is just next to varrock. Why isn't this right? It is.

I think these 9, possibly 10 if you add RC ought to be removed. They're in perfectly correct places. My two cents.

Profins.png

specty.png

Right, i was busy doing my slayer task under the Legends Guild,

I approched the north-west corner and found this:

[hide=]map1qv5.png[/hide]

I might be the Asgarian Ice dungeon or the Temple of Ikov dungeon, but I couldnt find the KBD lair north of where I was.

Edit: Heres the link to my picture http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5848/map1qv5.png

Cold war

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Many of those places youve put as incorrect are actually correct. Let me name and reason:

(I'll go in order of your pictures)

1)Legazy of Seergaze near Barrows - If you take a look at the world map and check where are the barrow mounds and where is entry to the seergaze maze, and remember, that seergaze maze went west, that would, in fact, be correct to assume, that these two places are right next to each other.

2)Mort'Shade tomb near Barrows - Just like the first, they're right next to each other, maybe very little further apart, but thats discussable. Still, seems correct.

3)Taverley & Entrana dungeons - They're actually next to each other, if you look at the world map. This is the most correct.

4)RC Portals - Well, this is up to debate, but.. No one really knows where are these portals right? We just know where the entrance stones are, and as it seems, these stones just "take" us to their active copies a.k.a. - rc portals. In fact, it would seem right to me that they're nearby - the magic of runecraft would be most strong in one place. And Stones around this place would have gotten the power of runecrafting so that people could make runes. Only portals away from these two are ZMI and Astral, though that's explainable - zamorakians used their magic to force a stone to work as rc stone, which would explain getting random runes, since they probably didn't specify which runecraft magic to work on which portal. Magic got confused and forced all the magic to be in 1 single stone. As for astral, the astral magics are still a mystery.. Probably the flying lady by the rc stone made it runecraftable.. And has to stay there so that the magic is still there. :)

5)MTA rooms near Goblins - Could be right, since the goblin cave goes deep to the east.

6)Abyssal area - I see nothing wrong with this. How is it wrong? You just go through a wall through different passages.. No reason for that to be here.

7)Troll generals and Slayer cave - Take a look at the map. How far is the stronghold from cave entrance? Since it's the far end of slayer cave and far end of general room, that seems correct.

8)Underground Karamja mountains (Agility area) - Dude, seriously? They're right next to each other. Of course it's correct.

9)HAM dungeon and Lumby cellar - As always, they're next to each other and seems just right.

10)Tolnas rift and Varrock cellar. Tolna's rift is just next to varrock. Why isn't this right? It is.

I think these 9, possibly 10 if you add RC ought to be removed. They're in perfectly correct places. My two cents.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everything on that list is incorrect or out of place. Many of those pictures make perfect sense as you have pointed out. Perhaps I can split it into Logical/Illogical sections. They are there mainly for my use, I'm working on a little project of my own related to the dungeon plane.

Lol, you must think I'm pretty idiotic if you think I'm trying to say it doesn't make sense for all those things to be that way.

At first I did, truth be told.

Well, I must apologise then, but since the topic is "True World Map", implying that the current isn't true, I assumed every pic would be some of those "Out of place" spots. And you probably should split in logical/illogical. Makes it easier to understand ^^

Profins.png

specty.png

I'll just point out some faults in your story, so others won't get confused:

The Runecrafting altars are all in their own seperate dimensions. The sheer power emanating from them causes them to warp the dimensional fabric around them and they create pocket dimensions. So in a way it is weird that you're able to see another altar from the one one you're in. The ZMI did not create the Ourania Altar, they found and occupied it before others could. Maybe, at one time, it was a normal Runecrafting Altar, but it broke and the magic went chaotic. The Astral Altar is like any other altar, and it would have been in it's own dimension if it wasn't for the Moonclan. They use their Lunar Magic to 'flatten' the dimensional fabric which the Runecrafting magic warps and folds. This way, the Astral Altar stays in our dimension.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

hamma8.png

Ham Dungeon Level 2 and Obsidian Mine together :D

Will be added to the find list shortly, in addition to the recent pictures from this page. Good work all!

If you go to the tzhaar quest area where the people for the play are (the miners) go to the edge you can see the HAM dungeon where you can loot chests for jewelry :mrgreen:

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

And here I thought you could see the Shade Catacombs from the Barrows tunnels because they were geographically near each other, like how Taverly and Entrana dungeons occupy nearly the same space if you overlay them on a map. What a fool I am. :|

Still alive, still alive.

And here I thought you could see the Shade Catacombs from the Barrows tunnels because they were geographically near each other, like how Taverly and Entrana dungeons occupy nearly the same space if you overlay them on a map. What a fool I am. :|

No, you are 100% right.

Most old dungeons were placed where they would be in relation to the world map, because there were so few. But with the addition of so many places and instanced areas, they have now been placing them in out of the way areas

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Just inside the Baxtorian Waterfall Dungeon - you can see Goblins from Land of the Goblins - the part right before you turn into a Goblin and go to the temples.

If this has already been said, I apologize, as I don't have the patience to look through your extensive collection (I used ctrl-F and didn't find it).

I can't post a picture because my normal host won't seem to work and I'm not registered with the other ones, sorry.

2dgucz6.png

I found a new fairy ring. I have no pic and no idea where it would be on the over world map. you can't get to it it until you've done Death to the Dorgeshuun the coordinates are AJQ it is a bit dangerous and you need a light source.There you have it. I LOVE exploring and questing.

Looks like part of Morytana on the minimap, perhaps the areas in the Temple Trekking minigame considering where I am. Next time I'll try and get closer to see if anything appears on the screen.

mazemapvt2.png

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Gavati, thanks, a picture was submitted earlier. It makes spatial sense, but doesn't make any sense (level-wise, since the waterfall is high up). I will re-upload that picture ;)

Is the new fairy ring you're talking about the one to Yu'buisk?

After a thorough exploration of West Ardougne and what is underneath it, I feel that the picture taken from the Rat Pits is not of anything in Ardougne (also, the Varrock and Port Sarim Rat Pits are not under their respective cities, but also off map)

I found some interesting things in the Dark Beast Lair, the Underground Pass is not where it should be ;)

upass1xz9.png

upass2pa4.png

The Dark Beast lair should be next to Underground Pass I think... after all, they're both under the same mountains...

Also, the Mogre camp is really next to Thurgo's Dungeon - when you go there the ship on the map stops at the Mudskipper Point.

So these two belong in the logical section.

The Dark Beast lair should be next to Underground Pass I think... after all, they're both under the same mountains...

Also, the Mogre camp is really next to Thurgo's Dungeon - when you go there the ship on the map stops at the Mudskipper Point.

Dark Beast Lair and Underground Pass both lie under the Arandar Mountains, but the lair is partly under West Ardougne, while the Pass is far more to the west of the city. If you look at it from below too, that part of the Pass should lie west of the Temple of Light, which lies west of the Lair.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

[hide=]

Gavati, thanks, a picture was submitted earlier. It makes spatial sense, but doesn't make any sense (level-wise, since the waterfall is high up). I will re-upload that picture ;)

Is the new fairy ring you're talking about the one to Yu'buisk?

After a thorough exploration of West Ardougne and what is underneath it, I feel that the picture taken from the Rat Pits is not of anything in Ardougne (also, the Varrock and Port Sarim Rat Pits are not under their respective cities, but also off map)

I found some interesting things in the Dark Beast Lair, the Underground Pass is not where it should be ;)

upass1xz9.png

upass2pa4.png

[/hide]

That is the second floor of the underground pass, with the 3 demons, soulless, and Iban. Very interesting :P

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Thanks for the thanks on the Bork beacon ;)

Just noticed, that place with the red and black ground near the pyramid plunder; Anybody know if its from the Eyes of glorphie, or the otehr one like it? Cause I can remember few long cutscenes in that :shock:

Could it be from the defender of varrock quest somehow? Looks quite evil and devious, just like Lucien whatshisface 8-)

Or another mingame?, i dunno :roll:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Dark Beast Lair and Underground Pass both lie under the Arandar Mountains, but the lair is partly under West Ardougne, while the Pass is far more to the west of the city. If you look at it from below too, that part of the Pass should lie west of the Temple of Light, which lies west of the Lair.

Exactly what I would have said :)

Seems to me that all parts of the Pass are next to each other, rather than underneath or above. Of course, we have the possibility that the Pass is in the correct place, and the Dark Beasts are not :o

Drazhaar44, great ideas, if only I didn't have a quest cape :cry:

Yeah, good question, I think it's the outside of the Brimhaven Agility Arena, since that whole place is one big square. I think Brimhaven Dungeon is too far west.