clue scrolls

69pwneduross

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple solution: Don't do them! Clue scrolls stopped being worth doing a LONG time ago, and making god pages rare only compounded it further. Doing them is a waste of time, period. Jagex needs to fix this, I guess.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

God pages are dropping like a rock right now.

Keep them on minimum and re-offer every day.

Jagex changed the rates, and they are back now. (or re-enabled them).

And clues take maybe 20 minutes, I find them decent, and always hopeful for a good reward. Who knows, this might just happen.

ageclue.bmp

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

1/11,000 chance of 3rd age item, average 30m per item = 2.8k per clue. 3rd age has virtually no effect on clue profitability. It's like throwing in a couple of firelighters to every clue, except that all the probability-stupid people go off on how great clues are cause you have a chance of 3rd age.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

From 30 theif and 54 Ranging eh? so a whole 7 Total Levels. to be honest, thats not alot. You should see the Players in thier 110's who do peraps a Lv3 Clue once a week and get less then 50k all the time. THAT is bad luck. Hell, i got lucky once in getting' a S'p3 (Sara Page 3) and a Saradomin Kite in the one go but thats 1 clue lucky in 3 years. If your a real Treasure Trail Fanatic, you'll keep going, not stopping from disapointment.

Popoto.~<3

Simple solution: Don't do them! Clue scrolls stopped being worth doing a LONG time ago, and making god pages rare only compounded it further. Doing them is a waste of time, period. Jagex needs to fix this, I guess.

+1. IMO Uris completely destroyed treasure trails. I never got anything good even before uris, but they were actually somewhat fun. But wasting 4+ rows of bankspace on stuff I'd NEVER use otherwise is NOT fun. And there's like 2-3 of those every freaking clue. Reward wise though, they KO puched clues with firelighters and sweets, and kicked the already dead horse with the "construction rewards".

I alch clues out of contempt. I encourage the OP to do the same.

(BTW, god pages aren't rare anymore)

I love clues!! Everytime i get a lvl 3 clue i complete it,Getting a rune long or junk doesnt really bother me too much next time could always be thirdage the only thing that really gets under my skin is when u have to Spend more to do the clue than what the reward gives

BigBoy600.png "He that will cheat at play,will cheat you anyway

Lvl 1 clues are absolute crap (ok, if you don't mind losing several thousand gp and some time), alch them.

Lvl 2 clues are doable IMO.

Lvl 3 clues require too much effort and give you some [cabbage] which doesn't even sell, so you have to alch it.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

You gain some you lose some. That's how it works.

I've gotten both spectacular clues and rotten ones, keep on doing them and you're pretty likely to eventually cash out. If level 3's are too annoying, try level 2s, no Sara wizards or puzzle boxes and a chance at some animal masks. Harpie Bugs drop heaps of level 2's but don't forget your lit bug lantern!

You never know what your going to get, thats the magic of Clue Scrolls.

Think of it like killing players in the new PVP worlds, will you get a whip? or a sardine or two?

Clues are similer, you don't know what your going to get so you either don't bother and risk missing out on a good clue reward or do it and get a random item.

I personally get the clues and do them when I feel like it ::'

Another way I see it is Killing Blue Dragons

Am I gonna get a blue charm? will I get something really rare? or will I get useless herb? you can't guarantee anything apart from your drop is 60% useless to you

Zaroterasu.png

I personally think of clues as an exciting change to training etc

Its like a lottery, you find a ticket on the floor, and you hope it will be a jackpot! Will it be? Most likely not, but there is that small chance of picking up a life changing sum. In reality, that slight glimmer of hope is the reason people these days put a couple of pounds aside for the lottery!

I say dont give up! If you dont try, there will always be that inkling in the back of your mind "what if...?"

thurdinatorio4.png

thurdinatorzk9.png

16x Black mask

1x Dragon Chainbody

1x Dragonic Visage

32x Dragon Boots

Obsidian Drops:-13 x Cape/ 6 x Shield/ 6 x Maul/ 750+ Onyx Tips

Clues used to provide more (75k-100k on average) now it looks like 40-50K per clue on average. They should only take 20 minutes top to complete for an experience cluer with the required quest and items. I find them fun and have gotten my share of cavaliers, god pages, rune trim, god and gold and even a robin hat. I must have done 300+ in my 98 slayer career and still find them fun. They are a nice break from slaying and farming. To all who used the word "worth", you obviously mean it on a money basis, because you can"t account for the fun factor it provides to some. That"s like saying talking to friends in-game is not worth it because it slows your training down and you make less money.

Some of you guys should ease-up on the whole money/xp analysis trend and start enjoying this game.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Some of us enjoy things that take money, like skilling or PVP, and not running around the RS world digging. You can't use fun as any sort of estimation; we all have fun in different ways.

Clues: maybe 150k an hour, tops. You could make better money picking flax. Next time you get a clue just drop it and go pick flax for 20 minutes instead. You'll end up with more money.

DeviledEgg24.png

But less fun for me... Not everyone likes the same things. BTW, do not ever suggest flax picking to me again. It"s my worst nightmare!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563