clue scrolls

69pwneduross

clues mostly are fun, ok sometimes there is an enoying 1 that sends u somewhere in the wild or into the khazari jungle or other places where u cant tele to. and thats when they get enoying cuz it taking 2 much time etc. but since the terrorbird or explorer ring u recharge ur energy and runnig lasts much much longer so even the rant 'i had to walk to much cuz my energy was down after some time' isnt possible anymore...

its not the idea of getting money its more the feeling of real joy when u see thge picture at the end and there it stands, 1 of those special items. that moment u dont care how many hours uve wasted on other useless clues. i wonder, if u ever had a clue with a zammy kite for example u would also compaint about them...

What?

ill repait it in a more simple way: theres no reason to rant about clues, they take like 15-30mins when u can tele to the places where u gotta go and maybe little longer if u get sended to places where u cant tele to or if u get enoying uri. also the only pll that rant about clues, are those that never got anything worth a fortune from it. I wonder if u would rand if u had a zammy kite or so from it...

Learn ****ing English!

snipers_end.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clues mostly are fun, ok sometimes there is an enoying 1 that sends u somewhere in the wild or into the khazari jungle or other places where u cant tele to. and thats when they get enoying cuz it taking 2 much time etc. but since the terrorbird or explorer ring u recharge ur energy and runnig lasts much much longer so even the rant 'i had to walk to much cuz my energy was down after some time' isnt possible anymore...

its not the idea of getting money its more the feeling of real joy when u see thge picture at the end and there it stands, 1 of those special items. that moment u dont care how many hours uve wasted on other useless clues. i wonder, if u ever had a clue with a zammy kite for example u would also compaint about them...

What?

ill repait it in a more simple way: theres no reason to rant about clues, they take like 15-30mins when u can tele to the places where u gotta go and maybe little longer if u get sended to places where u cant tele to or if u get enoying uri. also the only pll that rant about clues, are those that never got anything worth a fortune from it. I wonder if u would rand if u had a zammy kite or so from it...

Learn ****ing English!

Even a mistake on the chatspeak...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

They used to gave better rewards and from a simply money point of view, they are not worth doing anymore as you can find more methods of making more money per hour that are consistent. If you like the break it gives you, clues can be fun, especially of you have every emote items, quests unlocked and lots of teleporting means.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Indeed, clue scrolls are a complete waste of time in terms of profit. If you look at the established figures for profits form Clue scrolls you will find that they are of rather low quailty than many other methods of making money.

This is, of course, is merely a redundant echo of the comments of the many other posts of this thread.

yeah but i hate when i get a clue scroll then have to go do a quest but it does get me motivated to get working on my quests though like one time i got a clue scroll and had to get in west ardougne then realized i had started biohazard and had to complete it before i could do my clue and i basically only got some tuna and black d hide :wall: and another when i needed the digsite quest but it was a lv 1 clue so i just dropped it 8-) :twss: hmm also i play the violin so im just going to put this smily here :boohoo:

What?

Clues are usually fun, but sometimes you need to venture into the Wilderness, or the Khazari Jungle. You can't teleport to these places, so it can be frustrating and time-consuming. However, with the release of the Spirit Terrorbird and Explorer Ring, you are able to recharge your energy. This means that you can run for a longer period of time, and people who complain that clues are time-consuming because you cannot run continually must concede defeat.

In my opinion, the primary motivation for completing a clue is not the monetary reward. It's the feeling of elation you experience when you receive a unique treasure trail item. In that moment, you forget how many hours you wasted and how many dry clues you have had. I wonder how many of you would complain if you finished a clue and received a Zamorak Kite.

I think.

Clues are fun, but rarely worth doing when you boil it down statistically.

• 2 months later...

wow i started this along time ago and its still going i feel special omg lol jk very nice yes

lol ok

so ive been doing lvl 1 clues cause i dont wanna kill for either 2 or 3 but if do go for higher i go for 3 even though i cant do any of the 3's realy but i never get anything good from lvl 1 clues cept that 1 time but they are exhilarating and fun so i like em so nya what now lol

That's why I stopped doing clues. I tend to stick to activities which at least give you something no matter what - and no I don't mean 40k from 2 hours of running around. I'm talking about skilling where you'll always at least get Xp. Besides, I'm not lucky when it comes to RS anyways.

It`s a matter of taste.

I myself find treasure trails exciting. Never gotten anything special, thought, best one being zammy page. My friend was lucky and got robin hood hat, when they still were 6m.

Whenever i get a bad reward, i just think: "well, this pays for that clue, maybe i will be lucky next time :arrow: "

And still, i always do clues right away when i get one.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I got a clue sitting in the bank because.

Level 1 clues will make me run around for 10 mins, and then make me look at the black 2h and go, f that.

Level 2 clues will make me run around for 15 mins make me look at addy armor and go, f that.

Level 3 clues (because of my level) make me run around and fight random sara and zammy mages for up to an hour risking death in the wilderness due to revanents, which basically make me look at those rune platelegs, and go. F THAT.

O.O

I luuuuuurve Clue Scrolls! :D I only do level 2's though because level 1's are pointless and you risk too much by trecking to the top of the map in the wilderness when doing level 3's, although there's a chance you can get 3rd age...

Yes you do get crappy items but I still like getting firelighters :thumbsup: My best item would be a wolf mask which was 4.6 million at the time but it didn't sell and dropped in price fast so I only sold it for about 2 mill :(

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I luuuuuurve Clue Scrolls! :D I only do level 2's though because level 1's are pointless and you risk too much by trecking to the top of the map in the wilderness when doing level 3's, although there's a chance you can get 3rd age...

Yes you do get crappy items but I still like getting firelighters :thumbsup: My best item would be a wolf mask which was 4.6 million at the time but it didn't sell and dropped in price fast so I only sold it for about 2 mill :(

I agree. Getting firelighters is strangely fun and disappointing at the same time.

I think clue scrolls are really great, but I wish that harder trails should make more expensive rewards more likely and cheaper rewards less likely. Running around, doing a puzzle box, navigating the elf forest, killing a saradomin wizard twice, going into the deep wilderness twice and generally trying very hard not to die should have at least guaranteed 100K of rewards.

Level 2's and 1's are not worth the time, in my opinion, and I will drop them.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

every clue is worth the minisqule time required imho. Even a lvl 1 clue can give you something relatively nice! Got 100k off a lvl 1 once :) from lvl3's I've gotten a few blk cavs, 1 of each S

Zam hide pieces, a rune cane. So ye I like em

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

every clue is worth the minisqule time required imho. Even a lvl 1 clue can give you something relatively nice! Got 100k off a lvl 1 once :) from lvl3's I've gotten a few blk cavs, 1 of each S

Zam hide pieces, a rune cane. So ye I like em

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks