Inappropriate username option

punk4ever

Names with lots of numbers are unoriginal, they should choose something interesting, as for adding them, you can just right click ;)

But yes, many usernames should be disallowed - although I'm unsure if jagex has the facility to change them :-?

~Cameron

Not change them.. ban them. They've done it before with . He was about 110+ and they banned him. That's the main case I know :?

He didn't get banned for the name, idiot.

yeh he was banned for char sharing his way to 99 hp.. everyone knows that :roll:

Guess I didn't. Excuse me for being human :roll:

actually on msn he says hes banned for auto maging farmers. him and the person accused with sharing was/is like his rl nieghbor. but your the expert. so i hope youll excuse punkie

~das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to the Discussion Board. Avoid discussing banned people by name like Forsaken Mage said.

In a respectful manner of speaking, why are we not permitted to refer to them by name, or their offense? Sometimes, it's the only way to find out what happened to an in game friend who *disappeared*. I do, though, understand that dym's name is...inappropriate. My apologies.

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

or how about people with an annoying ammount of numbers in their name.. like john12372136725348924724324432...

It's not john12372136725348924724324432's fault that there were 12372136725348924724324431 johns before him.

yea it is, he shoulda gotten on RS earlier.

just right click the name and click "add to friends list"

I have a lvl 3 with an extreamly unipropriate name heh whatever. They sensored it now.

its ite punk..we still love u...wait i have numbers in my name do u hate me im sry nintendo64jive was to long when i was in 2nd grade

I never said I hated names with numbers, just people who try put in negative things about ethnicity, race, religion, etc. in their name.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Names with lots of numbers are unoriginal, they should choose something interesting, as for adding them, you can just right click ;)

But yes, many usernames should be disallowed - although I'm unsure if jagex has the facility to change them :-?

~Cameron

Not change them.. ban them. They've done it before with . He was about 110+ and they banned him. That's the main case I know :?

If people get offended by a NAME in an ONLINE GAME, they have issues they need to sort out.

126 Combat

2178 Skill Total

16 Level 99 Stats

If people get offended by a NAME in an ONLINE GAME, they have issues they need to sort out.

aahahahaha

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

aahahahaha

Then how would people get offended.. ever? The only way you can get offended is through words, actions, or speech. Even IF they are 11 and don't know what they're talking about it is still offensive to some. I don't get offended by it really, but it's the principle. There are certain things that shouldn't be tolerated.

punk4ever.gif

well, in my opinion...speach really has no influence on me...im about as liberal as they come...you'll never find someone as open as i am...but, occasionally i will see a name "well, thats just not appropriate..." goes through my mind...but, it doesnt bother me personally...

aahahahaha

I agree... Punk4ever is too stuck up.

mtw, i saw catman 2 weeks ago when he was running from someone 13 levels lower than him (me) while his level 48 gf says"run hon!! you can kill her!" cat says:"hold on babe" and teles, now tell me if you get offended by that :roll: get off of punky, dont blame her for having commen sense yuo idiots -,-

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

aahahahaha

That's what separates the respect people from the random wannabe-cool-poster. Punk4ever has a point of view, and can defend that, in a mature way. I suggest you learn to do the same, it'll be much better.

Anyways, there are some things indeed that bother me:

2 or more spaces It's so darn annoying trying to guess if the guy you want to report has 6 or 7 spaces in his name...

copycats Just making a slight change to an existing username.. Most likely to scam. We've had our share of the fake zezima's, bluerose13x's, etc..

Flaming names By this I mean dissing another character in your username. Ive gotten pm's in-game from 'vmser pha q'. That's just not right.

The X name X, I name I, etc.. stuff Allright, Im getting quite bored with these, since often this isn't even the same person. How many chars have names like 'name2', 'name jr','namepk', 'x name x', 'I name I', 'name pure', ...?

Wanna-be tough names Allright, what's with all the 'pimp', 'thug', 'coke', 'weed', etc.. related stuff? It's lame IMO.

Endless variations on the same theme How many characters would have a name based on: The Lord of the Rings, DragonBall Z, Pokemon, Yugi-Oh, or whatever? If none of the suitable names are available, at least have the decency to be original, instead of making a lame attempt at making another horribly confusing variation.

That's all I can think of now...

Vmser.png

aahahahaha

That's what separates the respect people from the random wannabe-cool-poster. Punk4ever has a point of view, and can defend that, in a mature way. I suggest you learn to do the same, it'll be much better.

Anyways, there are some things indeed that bother me:

2 or more spaces It's so darn annoying trying to guess if the guy you want to report has 6 or 7 spaces in his name...

copycats Just making a slight change to an existing username.. Most likely to scam. We've had our share of the fake zezima's, bluerose13x's, etc..

Flaming names By this I mean dissing another character in your username. Ive gotten pm's in-game from 'vmser pha q'. That's just not right.

The X name X, I name I, etc.. stuff Allright, Im getting quite bored with these, since often this isn't even the same person. How many chars have names like 'name2', 'name jr','namepk', 'x name x', 'I name I', 'name pure', ...?

Wanna-be tough names Allright, what's with all the 'pimp', 'thug', 'coke', 'weed', etc.. related stuff? It's lame IMO.

Endless variations on the same theme How many characters would have a name based on: The Lord of the Rings, DragonBall Z, Pokemon, Yugi-Oh, or whatever? If none of the suitable names are available, at least have the decency to be original, instead of making a lame attempt at making another horribly confusing variation.

That's all I can think of now...

wads wrong with the X name X, I name I?? theres nothing wrong with that.. i mean if someone by the name of ABC wants to create another account, whats wrong with creating a name like X ABC X? or ABC Jr?? its not even annoying or offensive

Forever F2P

skill total: 1053

My Stats + Bank

<!-- m -->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=516379<!-- m -->

Blame Jagex for the numbers at the end of the name thing, you start runescape, you enter a username, it's taken - and they offer you the same name with 3 or more numbers on the end of the name - they pick that, train it, realise the name blows, but it's too late to do anything cause they don't wanna start from scratch. I like my name, it's original and has no numbers.

aahahahaha

I was deliberating with myself wether to even dignify this with a response.

I'm guessing you're one of those people that said the Holocaust was OK and that African-Americans should still be slaves to elitist white-power men. That's the only conclusion I could come up with because of your response.

People like myself respect others and their race, religion, or whatever their choosing is in life. I also try be in an environment where people are respected, and you can't really be in one when there's people putting down Jewsish people, African-Americans, etc. I don't care about other names really.. all those that go around the filter. I just mind the names which can offend major issues and others which are politically incorrect :roll:

punk4ever.gif

or how about people with an annoying ammount of numbers in their name.. like john12372136725348924724324432...

It's not john12372136725348924724324432's fault that there were 12372136725348924724324431 johns before him.

yea it is, he shoulda gotten on RS earlier.

its also the reason why scammers choose names like that... its too hard to report em :?

eevguthix1500v134cp.png

Guest Armagedon46disabled

we'll honestly u guys gotta stop whining and if u cant handle and innaporiate name i'd hate to see you in RL some 1 has a name a lil innapporpriate and ur saying oh dear thats bad.... just image what ur really like some one says poo and u prolly gotell ur mommy or daddy

i chose Macky14 because 14 is my lucky number....at the time the name Macky was free.....but i chose my own...but yeah if someone is called ben346876474566 it gets kinda annoying :twisted:

spritera6.gif

.::Sig Always By Me::.

Okay hopefully I didn't miss anything..... :?

Guys, please, if there was an inappropriate name you saw, report it, don't say it here, even those that already have had some sort of action taken towards them (whether it be a ban because of their name or because of something else). The No Naming Names rule does still exist. :-?

Carry on.

Ya you got them all, even the made up ones that don't even exist :roll: .

Join the Corruption Clan... Tip.it's #1 PlayerKilling clan.

Check out my.

myrsblog.PNG

Click the little www link below.

Lol my friend once made an account named Molester(d) .. It turned out looking like Molester D, but anyway.. He ran around RS all of one day (before Report Abuse) shouting "Molest me!".. (Sorry mods if this is not appropriate)

He did that several times.. Over a period of 3 months or so.. Lol.. Finally, by accident, he started shouting that in front of Sirmodbernard or whatever.. Who was messing with the Gypsy in Varrock, and then FINALLY! FINALLY! he got banned.

It was pretty funny though, dare I say it. :wink:

Basically, the name wasn't offensive so much as what he said.. So I'm not sure it really matters.. There was this level 52 firemaking the other day in Draynor, whose name was "Tucking Fypo". :?

EDIT: Is it okay to put that name up? After all.. The account is banned and my friend quit playing.. and the story isn't the story without the name. Lol :P. .. And what about our friend Tucking Fypo? Probably not. I know this is basically civil disobedience or something.. but the story isn't the story without the names!

I'm guessing you're one of those people that said the Holocaust was OK and that African-Americans should still be slaves to elitist white-power men. That's the only conclusion I could come up with because of your response.

[self censored] I made a valid point, but I'm sure it would cause more hate than it's worth... the holocaust and slavey were not good. But comparing people who you don't know with those who would aprove of it shows the same intolarance.

we'll honestly u guys gotta stop whining and if u cant handle and innaporiate name i'd hate to see you in RL some 1 has a name a lil innapporpriate and ur saying oh dear thats bad.... just image what ur really like some one says poo and u prolly gotell ur mommy or daddy

No one is whining about basic names, but do you think you could get a job, or even think a judge would let you legaly change your name to... well, I'd make up an example but it would be edited... :roll:

Join the Corruption Clan... Tip.it's #1 PlayerKilling clan.

Check out my.

myrsblog.PNG

Click the little www link below.