Who wants to live forever?

No_99_Melee

Well let's look at the pros and cons here.

Pros:

- You get to see history made everyday forever.

- Infinite amount of time to gain knowledge.

- Immune to disease

Cons:

- You can never find love because while they age, you're the same and they'll notice.

- Death rom forced killing (Head getting cut off, vaporised from nuclear warheads etc.)

I'd take it

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living forever would be horrifying.

You'd never see the end of the world. You're living FOREVER. The world can never end if someone is still alive. You'll watch everyone and everything you've EVER loved die. For eternity.

You'll never have true love forever.

I don't understand the aging thing. Think about it. If you stopped aging at 30, you would wake up everyday and see the same thing. For eternity. You'd always remember what it was like in the past (meaning you'll always remember what it was like to be young, and miss that forever) but you'll never progress forward.

Every agonizing thing you've ever witnessed would be a memory locked into you forever, and every happy memory would simply die because the person/place you created that memory with/at would die or change.

I think living for a limited period of time allows humans to find a purpose in life. We can only do so much with our time, so it's best to have a sense of urgency knowing that tomorrow you could be dead at any point in time. Life is best kept limited.

Uh, your not really getting the picture.

First off, the definition of world is Earth, or another place in which all that is common is pertained to.

Second, the whole idea of "staying 30 for the rest of forever" is not to mean that you forever relive one day for the rest of your life. It simply means your body forever stay as it is as a 30 year old.

You seem to be trying to disprove almost the enjoyability of living forever by using strict examples of possibilities that are even more farfeched than the idea of living forever.

Cons:

- You can never find love because while they age, you're the same and they'll notice.

- Death rom forced killing (Head getting cut off, vaporised from nuclear warheads etc.)

I'd definitely tell any people I had relationships with that I was immortal before they would have to notice. Also living forever is living forever, meaning you wouldn't be vaporized by nuclear warheads etc. Either that or your particles would still have a collective living. The question was not: "Who wants to live forever (with the exception of decapitation and vaporization)"

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Only if some hot girl my age could live forever too ;)

They'd be unhot most of the time though.

Plus they would probably get bored of you.

Because times change, and we are attracted to people who look similar to everyone else. If everyone was overweight, we'd all be attracted to fat people.

I thought we were attracted to people who look similar to our parents.

I'm attracted to someone who looks NOTHING like either of my parents. So that theory is somewhat flawed. :P

Yeah, I prefer white guys. Last I checked, my parents are asian, but you never know. -shrug-

btw great logic pureprayer

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I think one day, this will be an option, not in any of our lifetimes, but yeah.

You can't be serious. If that technology was invented it would cause the death of the world.

It's probably already invented, and we just don't know about it yet, I guarantee you many things have been invented that regular civilians just don't know about.

......I have no response. Please teach yourself some basic science.

If you cut your self exactly in half both sides have to live.

Why.....

eDiT: Joe, are you trying to be funny or are you naturally dumb as [bleep]?

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

You people seem to forget that once the people around you start dying off, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be alone forever. You just wouldn't have a permanent companion.

And living forever is basically immortality, which is different from invincibility. An immortal person would have an infinite natural lifespan, and may be immune to disease, but can still be shot, stabbed, etc. And they would definitely die in the vaccuum of space if the Earth blew up. Invincibility would mean never dying from injury, disease, explosions, etc.

So I say, sure, I'd like to live forever. Maybe even just to get life in prison and watch as they get seriously puzzled around year 110.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I do get to live forever, in the kingdom of God ;)

:lol:

laugh while you can, but dont complain to me when your sitting in hell :wall: =D> #-o

You sound like a 7 year old wannabe preacher trying to convert his friends in preschool. :lol:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Depends how it would work.

Living forever as I am now would be interesting for a while, though if there's no 'off-switch', it probably wouldn't be worth living after a while.

Living forever pretty much as the same consciousness (not sure this is the right term) would be worth doing, maybe.

Interesting topic you have here going, No_99.

This sort of reminds of the two books i read a while back called The Giver and Tuck Everlasting.

The Giver was pretty much about how the more knowledge u have the more depressed and sad u r because u realize the truth. Tuck Everlasting said how it sucks to be living forever because everyone this a cycle where u live and die but u r not in the cycle and u just watch others live and die...

I probably wouldnt really want to live forever because I would see so many people die and because if u just have a disease such as cancer where they would be pain and u not dying... well that would just suck.

And i agree how if one becomes to smart they become sort of saddened. think about this analogy. I little kid that doesnt have much knowledge has more fun then probably adults lets say because they rnt aware of the truth around them... i wouldnt want to be too smart for this reason... knowing everything would just make you depressed.

I definitely would want to live forever because it gives me an opportunity to quench my thirst for knowledge fully. I would be able to read every book and witness every moment in history.

A foolish desire.

There is a story, although its name eludes me, about a man reading an entire library, complete with all of human knowledge, and yet by the time he reaches the back cover of the final book, he still does not know everything there is to know.

Why?

Because as he's read through it all, new books have been added to the shelf as he's read across. It is impossible to know everything there is to know, because new information is always being gathered at a pace humans simply cannot keep up with. Hence society's need to train people in "specialities", and educate them at university to effectively research into others areas they're not necessarily learned in.

Would I like to live forever? No. Even if you remove all the stuff about 'loved ones'. I'm used to people dying. But what is the point of living, if it never ends? How on Earth can we strive to achieve when we have an infinite amount of time to do so?

I suppose if I could put it poetically: What is the point in living, if there is nothing we have to die for?

I definitely would want to live forever because it gives me an opportunity to quench my thirst for knowledge fully. I would be able to read every book and witness every moment in history.

Would I like to live forever? No. Even if you remove all the stuff about 'loved ones'. I'm used to people dying. But what is the point of living, if it never ends? How on Earth can we strive to achieve when we have an infinite amount of time to do so?

I suppose if I could put it poetically: What is the point in living, if there is nothing we have to die for?

That implies that the only enjoyability one gets out of life is through passions or to strive to achieve goals. I'd say most happiness is derived from things like relationships, being great and accepted, fulfilling the senses and being content with aspects of your life.

That implies that the only enjoyability one gets out of life is through passions or to strive to achieve goals. I'd say most happiness is derived from things like relationships, being great and accepted, fulfilling the senses and being content with aspects of your life.

The italicised is the main way I achieve happiness and comfort in life. Anyone who knows me knows I'm an incredibly passionate person.

There are things we can all do to improve our lives in terms of happiness, but happiness is only one aspect of life, and the fundamental point of my post still remains.

Life for the sake of living is not really a justification at all. Life, like all things, has to have some purpose. Therefore, living forever, without any purpose at all, is pointless.