christmas event 2008: reward issue.

psvstef

Problem... I won't be here for the Chrismas event. I'll be in Japan until the 2nd. I'm just going to hope that it's still here when I get back.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

Yea but what would be the fun of that?

NONE! So why not put it out in many pieces?

That would make the event even more fun and

I think alot of people would enjoy getting all of those

than just 3 items. right? I mean if it were me from someone

elses point of view I would want there to be more than just three

pieces. But hey thats just me. :D

minni_wynn2.png

minni_wynn2.png

beard+top+bottom+sack of toys as a cape, the beard can be sewed to the santa hat.

This would be ideal imo.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

What's going to happen is that they'll be a santa bottom, top, gloves, beard, wig and possibly gloves/shoes. No hat, thus quickly raising the demand for the rare Santa hats to "complete the look".
I don't think they'd give out so many items. If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

Remember how much stuff we got Christmas 2005? :XD:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

It will only make the Santa Hat skyrocket in value.

I think most people that voted for Santa Suit were expecting to get a hat along with it because they're noobs. The rest just wanted a more valuable item to sell. :evil:

Oh well. I already know I'll just toss it into my costume chest along with my other crappy event items like the chicken suit.

Same really, except I'd let Ned look after mine :D

I've forgotten now, what were the other options? I remember I didn't vote for a Santa suit, knowing I wouldn't still own my Santa hat.

It's kinda obvious that Santa hat prices (and fez prices :lol: ) will shoot through the roof. :x

[hide=rewards]Santa suit 29% (56874 votes)

Pet reindeer 25% (48513 votes)

An icicle sword 24% (47180 votes)

Elf costume 12% (23131 votes)

Candy cane cane 6% (10800 votes)

Christmas present 2% (4348 votes)

Boots that look like presents 1% (2362 votes)

A roast turkey with all the trimmings 1% (1348 votes)

Christmas stocking 0% (811 votes)

Mince pies 0% (536 votes)[/hide]

I voted Pet Reindeer. A Reindeer would have been much better than another pair of clothes that no one will ever wear again after the holiday event.

Hell. The majority of RuneScape players didn't even vote for the Santa Suit. If 51% of players voted Santa Suit then I think it would be fine but only 29% did(And Pet Reindeer/Icicle Sword were a very close second and third). :x

I voted Pet Reindeer. A Reindeer would have been much better than another pair of clothes that no one will ever wear again after the holiday event.

Enough clothes already... F2P should get something that can follow them around like P2P does.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

What's odd is that I remember very clearly a huge campaign for people to vote for Santa suits. Now those same people are moaning and griping about it. >_

Phew, I thought this was going to be a 'not everybody celebrates Christmas thread.'

I do wish that they would give an item with a purpose. Or at least something fun eg. the Rubber Chicken. But I guess I can be happy that Santa Hats will rise and I'll have a complete costume. Better than Halloween I guess.

Costantino.png

What's going to happen is that they'll be a santa bottom, top, gloves, beard, wig and possibly gloves/shoes. No hat, thus quickly raising the demand for the rare Santa hats to "complete the look".

This would prevent people from wearing a Santa beard/wig and Santa hat at the same time...

I agree with people saying it'll be like the Halloween event: bottom, top, and cape (maybe the cape will be a sack of presents.)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

If you have an issue! Grab a tissue!

[hide=On topic]Where is the issue?[/hide]

:shame:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

IMO, anyone that can afford a santa hat and also wants one to complete with the suit already got it ahead of time. The majority of people that can earn up to 20m should have the common sense to know buying ahead of the fad saves a lot of money. Therefore, I get the feeling people investing in santas now to sell at Christmas are going to be in for a nasty surprise.

120dgl.jpg

If anything, I think it'd be more like the Halloween event clothing we got this year: just a top, bottom, and cape.

Yeah or more accurately, a sack to carry more items (hopefully :pray: )

holiday event items are never usefull.

Never useful? Easter ring...'nuff said.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

i found something but i don't know the source.

someone said it was taken from a interview with a j-mod:

"Ever since we released the Santa Hat years ago we had intended to release a suit that would go along with it. We're happy that we're releasing it now because we believe it will create some excitement in the rare item market which has plummeted in recent years."

What evidence do you have that Jagex give a monkey's for the state of the rare market? "Quotes" from un-named sources in unspecified places don't count.

ac04aa6c29.png

Baraglas.png