School and Dodgeball

Dizzle229

Suppose that's what happens in such a sue happy country. You always hear of ridiculous stories coming from America and Great Britain / Ireland. Can't people just relax with the lawyers and actually allow people to get on with life? :roll:

Do they not realise a bunch of pissed of students also pose a threat of violence? Take away things that get students through a school day and then there will definitely be violence.

Hell, it used to be mostly the US that went around putting bans on everything and suing people... In recent years it's also spilled in the GB society.

You guys now have what, 10,000 public cameras around London to monitor everyone -.- It might improve security by a bit, but I just don't like the idea that someone is watching you 24/7 when you leave your house..

Yes, the amount of CCTV cameras in London in insane. In something like 5 miles walked in London you're seen on 312 cameras on average. While walking down Oxford street you're being watched by 12 different cameras at once minimum no matter where you are on the street, that's just insane.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a petition, or just simply sit down in the hallway after lunch. If they touch you, sue 'em. Teach their [wagon] not to mess with dodgeball. :twisted:

Wasn't the possibility of a lawsuit the reason this happened in the first place?

Haha, at my school (High School for the record) we play dodgeball once very 2 weeks or so. My gym teachers are pretty old-fashioned, they would never ban dodgeball. NOTHING will ever be as satisfying as pegging the short, chubby kid in me PE class in the face with a volleyball XD

Dodge ball is fun, but that is just mean.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Have a petition, or just simply sit down in the hallway after lunch. If they touch you, sue 'em. Teach their [wagon] not to mess with dodgeball. :twisted:

Wasn't the possibility of a lawsuit the reason this happened in the first place?

Haha, at my school (High School for the record) we play dodgeball once very 2 weeks or so. My gym teachers are pretty old-fashioned, they would never ban dodgeball. NOTHING will ever be as satisfying as pegging the short, chubby kid in me PE class in the face with a volleyball XD

You make it sound like a volleyball in the head hurts for more than 3 seconds.

jjroxlu7.jpg

That isn't the point. How mean something is isn't measured in how much it physically hurts.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

That isn't the point. How mean something is isn't measured in how much it physically hurts.

Honestly this kid is a [bleep] anyways. He's one of those people who everyone hates but thinks they're cool anyway. Best person to compare him to would be, I dunno, Cartman I guess.

But yes, hitting someone with a ball in a game where you're supposed to hit people with balls is definitely mean (honestly it was just a joke to begin with, I don't know why you reacted like this...)

jjroxlu7.jpg

Honestly this kid is a [bleep] anyways. He's one of those people who everyone hates but thinks they're cool anyway. Best person to compare him to would be, I dunno, Cartman I guess.

But yes, hitting someone with a ball in a game where you're supposed to hit people with balls is definitely mean (honestly it was just a joke to begin with, I don't know why you reacted like this...)

No, what's mean is how you say "pelt the fat kid." That is mean. Though if he is a douche, being fat doesn't enter into it, pelt him to death anyways :lol:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Wow, new generation of pansies plz? Really, you guys need more hardass gym teachers. That's where I got all my character from.

I remember when a replacement gym teacher told us to play in only half the basketball court, meaning each team gets a quarter, everyone went \' . That's also when I learned excess "violence" isn't always funny.

At any rate. kids who get hurt don't go whine to their parents or the school, and dodge-balls don't leave marks. No problem here imo.

I played dodgeball in JROTC. Our coaches are wusses, and they don't like games where the object is to nail someone with anything. Well, before some panzy started bawling his eyes out because he/she got hit a little hard somewhere and it supposedly left a bruise (we play with military people, you WILL know you got hit). So now, we can't play it anymore and PT day basically sucks.

Said area we played in was this area right behind the bleachers, about 1 story higher than the rest of the gym. The bleachers blocked most shots, so everything that got out either went over or rolled down the stairs on either side. It was mostly contained (to an area about 1/3 the size of a basketball court :D ), so the only people who got hurt were already up there.

Also, on the whole "dodgeballs don't leave marks" line, I know from personal experience that that particular statement is bull***t. It was in 4th grade, we were doing this circle-type of dodgeball (everyone stands in a circle, you have to nail someone on the opposite side, can't move your feet) and someone blasted me on the right side of my face. Left that cross-stitch print on most dodgeballs tattooed onto my face for about 2-3 days. Hurt like a motherf***er too.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

That's pathetic. Dodgeball was, and still is, my favourite P.E. game. I can't believe that they banned it, it's over perdantic. The whole point in Dodgeball is too get hurt, one of the risks in playing it. Why don't they just ban running too, seeing as you could fall over and scrape your knee! But I suppose they could wrap us all in bubble wrap. Problem solved! Yeah right

Suppose they could use Volleyballs, but where's the fun in that?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I just realized how awesome my idea of war-games in place of sports really is.

Wow. I rock.

I need to start a mother [bleep] petition.

Paintball is a sport, and my school has a team

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

That exact thing happened in my school, well in 8th grade at least (eff middle school). What we decided to do was just play dodgeball, but not call it dodgeball, and alter a few of the rules, it rocked, we just played like capture the flag, but you could throw stuff at the people to tag them out and stuff like that, be creative, it's more fun too!

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

[hide=]

No, what's mean is how you say "pelt the fat kid." That is mean. Though if he is a douche, being fat doesn't enter into it, pelt him to death anyways :lol:

[/hide]

Well, technically I said peg the chubby kid. Bleh, honestly he's not that fat, just..ummm... chubby... and he eats a lot of really bad foods (last year he drank too many Jolt energy shots and had to hospitalized.

And to anyone wondering, no I didn't mean that I specifically aim for this kid just because he's a little chubby.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Wow. I rock.

ARGH. Petition time.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I know that the school/principal can ban Dodgeball from being played, but it is really up to the kids if they want to play it. If they don't want to, then they can sit out.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Wow. I rock.

DAMN IT ALL!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall: :wall: You suck. I freaking LOVE paintball. Where do you live at, I want to transfer.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Wow. I rock.

DAMN IT ALL!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall: :wall: You suck. I freaking LOVE paintball. Where do you live at, I want to transfer.

Nauru

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]