School and Dodgeball

Dizzle229

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If some kid doesn't want a ball slammed into his stomach, then don't play.

Forcing everyone to play dodgeball? Okay, I might be able to understand this. However, at my school, it's always been a choice. Of course, everyone played dodgeball anyway...

I think it should be a choice but still allow the sport to be played. I remember playing dodgeball with foam balls instead of the rubber ones. It helps with the pain, but it's still pretty fun. :mrgreen:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

When I was a Freshman, my friends and I, were up against the Senior Baseball team. We were doing pretty well, then, the pitcher came in (he was late to class) and then we lost. Within about 2 seconds.

PETITION FOR A CHANGE; with any luck you can get it unbanned.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

In junior high, my school didn't let us go out when it was lightening/thundering because of the 0.000001 chance of being struck by it.

and if that 0.000001% happens whos responsible?

The kid of course.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

That's ridiculous, dodgeball is one of the funnest games in P.E :o

Let's me dish out PAIN to people for no reason. ^_^

I guess people like me are part of the reason why districts ban it then.

You think dodgeball is bad? My school has something called "The Gauntlet". Since there are two classes that have PE at once, it works out so that one class stands along the sides of the basketball court part of the gym with dodgeballs. The other class has to run through the middle, hoping not to get pelted by dodgeballs. It gets intense. Several times I've been the last man standing because I run low doing this, even diving down for cover next to someone who had previously been hit :lol:

They call it the Gauntlet. I call it the Charge of the Light Brigade.

We used to play that game too! It's so fun.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I -and everybody else at school- used to (don't take P.E. any more) look forward to rainy P.E. lessons so we could play Dodge Ball in the indoor arenas.

Same here, class v class dogeball is very fun :)

Thats crap though. We used to go out and play rugby when I took PE...Even though we arn't supposed to the teachers didn't care.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Man dodgeball was always [bleep]ing awesome, and I usually was the scrawny kid :) . One of the few games I was good at.

And I never did get hurt during it. Only game I got kind of hurt at was when we played soccer, and lets just say that ball met balls. Didn't want to seem like a panzy and move. :lol:

Wow, new generation of pansies plz? Really, you guys need more hardass gym teachers. That's where I got all my character from.

I remember when a replacement gym teacher told us to play in only half the basketball court, meaning each team gets a quarter, everyone went \' . That's also when I learned excess "violence" isn't always funny.

At any rate. kids who get hurt don't go whine to their parents or the school, and dodge-balls don't leave marks. No problem here imo.

hiccup.png

Suppose that's what happens in such a sue happy country. You always hear of ridiculous stories coming from America and Great Britain / Ireland. Can't people just relax with the lawyers and actually allow people to get on with life? :roll:

Do they not realise a bunch of pissed of students also pose a threat of violence? Take away things that get students through a school day and then there will definitely be violence.

your principles just afraid of getting sued in the rare event that something does go wrong. tell him/her/it to grow some balls and stop being so worried about the law. make a pention. make people who want to play get there parents to sign a form that says they cant sue if you have to.

whatever you do just make sure you get the dodge ball back.

Suppose that's what happens in such a sue happy country. You always hear of ridiculous stories coming from America of Great Britain / Ireland. Can't people just relax with the lawyers and actually allow people to get on with life? :roll:

Do they not realise a bunch of pissed of students also pose a threat of violence? Take away things that get students through a school day and then there will definitely be violence.

Hell, it used to be mostly the US that went around putting bans on everything and suing people... In recent years it's also spilled in the GB society.

You guys now have what, 10,000 public cameras around London to monitor everyone -.- It might improve security by a bit, but I just don't like the idea that someone is watching you 24/7 when you leave your house..

Everyone's trying to restrict everything and keeping the knowledge away from the children. It does more harm than good. Let the kids learn from their mistakes or they'll be making those mistakes later on in life when it'll hurt.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Haha, at my school (High School for the record) we play dodgeball once very 2 weeks or so. My gym teachers are pretty old-fashioned, they would never ban dodgeball. NOTHING will ever be as satisfying as pegging the short, chubby kid in me PE class in the face with a volleyball XD

jjroxlu7.jpg

Everyone's trying to restrict everything and keeping the knowledge away from the children. It does more harm than good. Let the kids learn from their mistakes or they'll be making those mistakes later on in life when it'll hurt.

QFT. Censoring/Stuff like this doesn't make any sense.

C2b6gs7.png

I agree with this, we are wrapping kids up in bubble wrap and i think this has spawned the jackass culture

But its wrong to blame your principal, s/he is under a lot of pressure from people (women mostly (who clean the house and have a lot of time on their hands)). who call the school all the time to complain, and threaten to take their child of the roll if things dont change, aka 'violent' sports, playgrounds with woodchips and high monkeybars etc. It wont be long before gym teachers have to fill out RAMS forms for a game of sport. Im serious too.

The same applies to government, the principal has to make customers (parents) happy just like the government has to make the people happy (in a democratic society. NOTHING (governmental policy or stupid school rules) is put in place without a group of people whining about it repeatedly. Imagine what would have happened in the US didnt start a war on terror after 9/11, they would have had millions of stay at home moms whining, sucks when someone is whining at you for ages.

NICKELEY102.png

But its wrong to blame your principal, s/he is under a lot of pressure from people (women mostly (who clean the house and have a lot of time on their hands)).

It's basically the same reason why our administrator can't install Firefox on every computer at my school, the "Idiots over there" (The teacher points to the center of the city) who decide which programs we can/can't use. Otherwise we'd all be on Linux, I bet.

And now because we can't use FF and the IE hole hasn't been covered we're all screwed. Thank you, Education board.

C2b6gs7.png

Dodgeball rocks to be honest. The only reason I wouldn't like it is when my mate gets really competitive. Last time that happened it was his entire team against just me on my own. He jumped up into the air with the ball and kind of slam dunked it onto my arm.

Kinda hurts -.-

Li Chef

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

We played dodgeball for a change last week because of exams and we had to put table tennis tables away. IT ROCKS who cares if its violent? No1 gets hurt anyway. :D

Your principal is a nub. :twss: