School and Dodgeball

Dizzle229

Today in P.E. we were supposed to play dodgeball. I was really excited because I'm not good at many sports, but this is one of the few that I'm good at, and have fun with. Also, it really relieves stress.

As we were about to start, the principal came in and shut us down. The coach asked why and the answer was : "It's not a very nice game. Do you really want to tell these kids to hurt each other? Dodgeball promotes violence, so it has been banned from the district."

This. Sucks.

Agree? Disagree? Have a similar story?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the [bleep]

dodgeball is awesome

This is so stupid. -.-

Schools are trying to be to safe.

Seriously dodgeball isn't bad at all.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

We had a version of dodgeball where the players had to stay outside the court, around the edges. The teams basically chased each other around the "track" trying to gain the advantage.

We stopped playing that when some kid busted his jaw open running into someone else. We still play traditional dodgeball though.

p2gq.jpg

Too bad my school doesn't even have a gym. Getting one this summer though ::'

:shock: We have two.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Dodgeball was probably the most popular ball game besides soccer in my old school. Like in grade 1 or 2 we even played it with teachers & parents on a special occassion, when everyone had to go to school on Saturday & bring their parents if possible...

Don't mean to be prejudiced, but I'll bet money this happened either in the UK or the US... Neither one has a shortage of delusional adults out of touch with reality, or obsessed with 'security'...

I'm in the same boat you're in, Dizzle. Dodgeball just got banned at my school at well. Some kid probably just got whacked in the face and the parent complained -.- All the kids are getting angry, so the PE teacher will probably crack eventually. :lol:

Don't mean to be prejudiced, but I'll bet money this happened either in the UK or the US... Neither one has a shortage of delusional adults out of touch with reality, or obsessed with 'security'...

Yep, US. *waits for only in america comments*

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Too bad my school doesn't even have a gym. Getting one this summer though ::'

:shock: We have two.

...Five here.

Seriously though. Whaaaaat. We've had kids killed playing football at my school in the past. I dunno if PE still plays dodgeball, but I bet they did. We even play it on lazy days in track.

What.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Interesting topic u have here going dizzle.

My take on it is that schools just want to be safe and not get any injuries. Imagine in how much [cabbage] they would be if a parent sewed them etc. So their logic is why risk anything? so they banned a fun game such as dodgeball. I think that physical sports should be allowed because u need physical toughness. My gym coaches r cool when it comes to contact sports... However i kind of agree with ur principal. They dont want to risk anything. And in gym u r forced to do something to get a grade...

In after school football practices its not mandatory but u r willing to go and made a commitment.

Err, my sister's elementary school still plays that. She's in Grade 3. #-o I do find it annoying that they ban you from playing. I mean, playing COD4 can probably cause more "harm".

And yes, dodgeball is a great game and one of the only ones I'm good at. (except hockey and perhaps badminton (Yeah, I've got some freak hidden talent for badminton... :? ))

P.S. Think about it. They're even playing it professionally!

j0xPu5R.png

If some kid doesn't want a ball slammed into his stomach, then don't play.

Forcing everyone to play dodgeball? Okay, I might be able to understand this. However, at my school, it's always been a choice. Of course, everyone played dodgeball anyway...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I found it hilarious this thread popped up right after I read the thread with bush dodging shoes. :lol:

I was actually debating with myself to make this thread and that convinced me :lol:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

You think dodgeball is bad? My school has something called "The Gauntlet". Since there are two classes that have PE at once, it works out so that one class stands along the sides of the basketball court part of the gym with dodgeballs. The other class has to run through the middle, hoping not to get pelted by dodgeballs. It gets intense. Several times I've been the last man standing because I run low doing this, even diving down for cover next to someone who had previously been hit :lol:

They call it the Gauntlet. I call it the Charge of the Light Brigade.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

You think dodgeball is bad? My school has something called "The Gauntlet". Since there are two classes that have PE at once, it works out so that one class stands along the sides of the basketball court part of the gym with dodgeballs. The other class has to run through the middle, hoping not to get pelted by dodgeballs. It gets intense. Several times I've been the last man standing because I run low doing this, even diving down for cover next to someone who had previously been hit :lol:

Any of the people who came up with this have the last name Custer? Sure as Hell looks like it. :lol:

On the dodgeball thing, that's entirely bogus. If they are that anal about it, they should block any and all news research. THAT is more likely to cause people to become aggressive than almost anything I can think of. And yes, I think that if the man-[female dog] who said that REALLY wants to press it, it should be within boundaries to show him some real violence, not beaning each other in the family jewels with semi-hard rubber spheres from 5-50 feet off. Maybe then he won't be so bloody whiney?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

That. Sounds. AWESOME.

I think war-games should be allowed as replacements for sports. Like paintball, airsoft. That would be aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwesome. Because I know how many idiots there are at my school that would join and be terrible.

Hell. To. The. Yes.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream