Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

doomwish11

Which do you think is more impressive? Getting 99 in a skill or getting the quest skill cape? Personally, I think it's the quest skill cape. Many of the quests require you to train your skills making it almost double the work, while training only means clicking on iron rocks and buying new pickaxes or killing NPC's almost half your level (I know this isn't always the case, but it sometimes is).

But that's just what I think. What do you think?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quest skill cape takes longer but its less repetative so it is not as boring as getting 99 fm or somthing like that i cant realy decide but il say skill because its more boring!!!

dwafy2.png

in a dark dark forest

in a dark dark house

in a dark dark room

in a dark dark cupbord

there is a dark dark Chicken!!!!

a quest cape is an achievement cape not a skill cape, hence why it can't be trimmed or can't trim another cape.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

Seraphyna.png

Seraphyna.png

Some skill capes show things indirectly, like the construction cape shows that you have TONS of money. The Quest cape can, however, show that you have some brains (There are quite difficult quests!). However, there are quest guides *coughtipitcough*. I personally think a difficult skillcape like construction, slayer or farming (Watching paint dry omg!) deserves more respect than questcape.

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

for construction all it shows is you have tons of money. same with summoning. It doesnt show your awesomeness really. Quests you show you have been awesome at every quest you did

Awsome at the quests?

Following a guide step by step? Thats not awsome.

Foth.png

Well, Quest cape just shows you have high skills and can do all of the quests.

I don't think it is better than a skillcape. You have HIGH skills, but maybe not a 99. Quests are EXTREMELY easy. Its all walk around, give a few item, maybe a fight here or there.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I don't think it is better than a skillcape. You have HIGH skills, but maybe not a 99. Quests are EXTREMELY easy. Its all walk around, give a few item, maybe a fight here or there.

Mourning's Ends 2? While Guthix Sleeps?

Even a guide isn't too smart there. If you follow the Tip.It guide, it can often get you more lost than you were before you opened it.

Even a guide isn't too smart there. If you follow the Tip.It guide, it can often get you more lost than you were before you opened it.

What about Mounring's Ends. What about While Guthix Sleeps?

I like the guides alot. They rarely confuse me.

Owned_Nex.png

A quest cape is something one gets because he/she likes questing, not necessarily the same as a skillcape.

Umm its exactly like a skillcape. Its just like a 99 tbh. even though its more work. I think it should be treated like a skillcape because its to show you mastered something. So its just liek the skillcapes.

minni_wynn2.png

minni_wynn2.png

A quest cape is something one gets because he/she likes questing, not necessarily the same as a skillcape.

Umm its exactly like a skillcape. Its just like a 99 tbh. even though its more work. I think it should be treated like a skillcape because its to show you mastered something. So its just liek the skillcapes.

I think that's where the similarity ends.

A skillcape is a 99 in a skill. 13,034,431 experience, while a quest cape is that someone finished every quest. You can measure skill levels, you can't really measure quests as easily (ex. "I have 98 Firemaking", shows you almost have firemaking mastered as a level, while,

"I have 149 Quest Points" doesn't show what kinds of quests you have done- easy, average, hard, just the bare necessities?).

It's not directly a grind to get levels like a Skillcape is, often times it's puzzle solving and thought, or even just following a story. Yes, you can use a guide to make it easier, you still have to do the puzzle, or deal with anything the guide writers overlooked.

• 2 weeks later...

What about Mounring's Ends. What about While Guthix Sleeps?

agreed without the quest guide for mornings end part 2 i would have gone crAzy but on subject i think the quest cape is easier to get then 99 runecrafting because i enjoy quests they arent as boring. so imo quest cape is easier to get

I like the guides alot. They rarely confuse me.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I think that's where the similarity ends.

A skillcape is a 99 in a skill. 13,034,431 experience, while a quest cape is that someone finished every quest. You can measure skill levels, you can't really measure quests as easily (ex. "I have 98 Firemaking", shows you almost have firemaking mastered as a level, while,

"I have 149 Quest Points" doesn't show what kinds of quests you have done- easy, average, hard, just the bare necessities?).

It's not directly a grind to get levels like a Skillcape is, often times it's puzzle solving and thought, or even just following a story. Yes, you can use a guide to make it easier, you still have to do the puzzle, or deal with anything the guide writers overlooked.

But the "puzzles" are very easy. This is a game designed for those -10 years old. Sure, some might be confusing, but once you "get it " its really easy.

Owned_Nex.png

Quest Cape is more impressive.

Fm'ing skillcape: "wewt, I can click logs \:D/"

Quest Cape: requires a variety of skills and mindsets to complete :thumbsup:

Same could be said.

Skillcape: Woot I work hard for my skill.

Quest Cape: I read guides all day long.

Owned_Nex.png

So the old debates start again..

To be completely honest, not so long ago, I used to believe Quest Cape is one of easiest capes and not worth any respect. (Note, it was long ago). Now when I have actually acquired it, I think differently.

As I see it, Quest Cape and Skill Capes shouldn't be compared at all. Just because they belong to the category of capes doesn't make them comparable. Quest Cape is entirely different, it relies on skills to get all quests done. Few skills rely on quests to get started (though of course, if you want the most efficient route the necessary quests are a must).

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

my friend that was a high level player with alot of 99s got a quest cape today it took him about a month from 80 quest left all the hard ones dt, rfd, and me2 and wgs, so like 92-99 in a skill he told me it was one of the easier capes to him.

but 92-99 in a month thats comparable to 50k/hr skills like agil, fish, mining it was easier because it didnt have the grind of those but it still took a month!

so that would kinda rank quest cape with woodcutting cape but not with cooking/fletching

but they really cannot be compared.

10 99s and no quest cape here i personally hate quest ...

StarViv.png