Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

doomwish11

Honestly, i wouldn't want to be seen dead in a quest cape, attack cape, defence cape, strength cape, hp cape, prayer cape, ranged cape, magic cape, cooking cape, woodcutting cape, fletching cape, fishing cape, firemaking cape, crafting cape, smithing cape, mining cape, herblore cape, theiving cape, farming cape, hunter cape or consctruction cape.

The capes that actually show achievement to me are agility, slayer, runecrafting and summoning based on the amount of time it takes for agility and runecrafting, and the complexity and determination requred for summoning or slayer.

the quest cape cannot compare in level of achievement to any of the four capes, it's somewhere in the mix of all the others based on achievement (a lot of skills just require time, and some (hunter, cooking, fletching, firemaking) don't even require a lot of that.

Doing any skills for a cape seems rediculously stupid to me. if your character's looks within a game are that important to you, go work out to improve your own personal looks instead.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a Quest Cape is better, not just because I have it( :^o ), but because it's not just having no life to get it. Even with ''easy'' skillcapes (Like Cooking), I hear people spending weeks (if not months), cooking and having no life. It doesn't show you're good. Oooh Quest guides, a real quester doesn't use these. However, if you used a guide to achieve a Quest Cape, you should question yourself if you really deserve it. In that case I think a Skillcape is better.

PS: For those who don't believe I got a QP cape because some of my stats aren't high enough: Boosts FTW. If you still think I don't have one, well, come see me in-game.

Eendstein3.png

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

I totally agree with you.

It depends on which skill you are choosing. Slayer takes a long time, and there is no way to speed it up, besides killing the monsters that give 5k slayer xp, and even then, they are few and only give it once, which still means it won't make slayer faster to train. Cooking and fletching are both cheap and easy to get (I don't like fletching, which is obvious from my level of 60. and my cooking is 70)

some skills are big fat money holes, like construction, although it does have many cool features, and extremely useful ones as well.

On the other hand, the quest cape is harder in a different way. It gets constant new updates, meaning that your quest cape will not be wearable forever once you get it, as a new quest will come out within the next month. Also, it requires you to train skills you would not have trained normally, and to some high levels (65 herblore and farming is decently high, considering that herblore is relatively slow and expensive, and farming is the same, except you can go do what you want while the plant grows)

Overall, I say the quest cape is harder to get, as some quests require decent levels in skills you may not train to those levels (65 herblore and farming for me)

and I htink the quest cape will be trimmable (is that a word lol) when the achievement diary cape is released, most likely once there are 8-10 diaries. we currently have Varrock, karmaja, falador, lumbridge, Fremmy, and this month Serrs village, which means 6 after seers comes out.

so as I said, I vote for quest, as it gets constant updates, and it requires training some lesser used or trained skills by quite a few people to be reasonably higher leveled. I will say that some skills (slayer and summoning) are probably as hard in some ways, but because of the constant updates of quests, the Quest cape will be harder and harder to obtain.

and sorry i got of track every now and then up above lol :lol:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

I have another view for this.

You decide you are going to hire a lacky player to work for you and just do crap as if it were his actual job. Maybe kill, or bring you logs, or dragon bones, make you potions and deliver sharks to you while you are in the GWD.

Or you are just a nooblet player and need a good friend to show you the ropes and help with some quests and general lore of the game/

So would you hire or pal around with a skillet with 99 in (insert skill) that is very very good at one thing like... Cooking a fish? Chopping logs a bit faster. Perhaps just a Juggernaut because he maxed out in defense? or a Quester that has very high respectable level in almost every skill, has a very great general dependable knowledge of the game that cannot be doubted, can either figure things out very well or listen to instructions or both.

Also some skills are notably harder than others so depending on the skill skills levels required, it is more difficult than another skill.

I say 500k in agility or prayer is many times harder to get than say 2000k experience in attack'. Also starting at several new skills is a lot more work than just advancing a high level that you are already set in for max production.

I could chop away or just thieve my butt off to level 99 a lot easier than starting on herblore and getting it to the QP Cape minimum, and moving along to agility, than summoning, etc.

In my opinion skillcapes are mostly hours of tedious,boring work. Quest cape is mostly following well-made storylines to help you solve all the riddles throughout the quest. What for to play if not 4 fun? That's why I think it's up to you, if you like smoe skill why not get a cape? If you like quests why not?

Personally I'm for Quest as a proud owner;p

Compare:

1. Doing (usually short,) fun quests which don't require extremely high skills.

2. Repeatedly clicking stuff for so long you can notice your clock's slowing down by 0.02 seconds each hour.

A skillcape shows you're patient enough to get 99 in a skill, and, besides a few skills, there's a small difference of the amount of things you can do between levels 95 and 99.

92 is the "middle" amount of xp between 1-99 in runescape. Quests don't have very high skill requirements (usually), and if you get 99 in a skill, it really means that you wanted that 99.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

Compare:

1. Doing (usually short,) fun quests which don't require extremely high skills.

2. Repeatedly clicking stuff for so long you can notice your clock's slowing down by 0.02 seconds each hour.

A skillcape shows you're patient enough to get 99 in a skill, and, besides a few skills, there's a small difference of the amount of things you can do between levels 95 and 99.

92 is the "middle" amount of xp between 1-99 in runescape. Quests don't have very high skill requirements (usually), and if you get 99 in a skill, it really means that you wanted that 99.

to get a quest cape u need to do some very hard quest, summers end comes to end. most ppl who say quest cape doesnt require any skill probably havent done this quest. guides only go for far just because u read the guide doesnt mean u can finish the quest easily.

none of the skill capes require any skill at all, just patience.

bedce0cd19.png

Honestly, i wouldn't want to be seen dead in a quest cape, attack cape, defence cape, strength cape, hp cape, prayer cape, ranged cape, magic cape, cooking cape, woodcutting cape, fletching cape, fishing cape, firemaking cape, crafting cape, smithing cape, mining cape, herblore cape, theiving cape, farming cape, hunter cape or consctruction cape.

The capes that actually show achievement to me are agility, slayer, runecrafting and summoning based on the amount of time it takes for agility and runecrafting, and the complexity and determination requred for summoning or slayer.

Agility is faster than fishing.

the quest cape cannot compare in level of achievement to any of the four capes, it's somewhere in the mix of all the others based on achievement (a lot of skills just require time, and some (hunter, cooking, fletching, firemaking) don't even require a lot of that.

All skills "just require time." Welcome to Runescape.

I say 500k in agility or prayer is many times harder to get than say 2000k experience in attack'. Also starting at several new skills is a lot more work than just advancing a high level that you are already set in for max production.

No, 2000k attack experience is definitely slower than 500k agility or prayer experience. And starting at a new skill is much easier to gain levels, since the experience needed for a level-up increases exponentially as levels get higher. All the experience it takes to get from level 1-65 is the same as the experience it takes to get from 65-72.

I've have a quest cape and the only reason i decided one day to get it was as alot of other people said getting quest cape is more fun as it requires you to use your mind to solve things and your never doing the same old thing where as a skill is the same thing practicly from level 3 excluding combat skills because useally you get the adrenaline from killing a monster and hopping for a good loot and you can train with friends or in clans.

My conclusion is quest cape is harder to get:

You need stats you hate training, 99 skill you just train the skill you like skill cape requires high skills in all boring stats for me the worst was 60 farming (used evil stew to get up to 65)

Time wise quest capes take longer, no one plans on getting a quest cape from 0 qp so people ask how long did it take you, obv the answer is my entire rs life as i got quests before i started to power through them which i was over 175 qp at the time.

Runey Lew \' \'

Runey_Lew.png

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

That would be awesome!!!!

Even though I have a qp cape, I think skill capes are better. While qp capes are harder, skill capes have more diverse emotes. SO. :P

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

woodcutting? mining? fishing? Yes your totally right, you can powerlevel those to 99 in two weeks each. There totally fast and you can always buy your way to 99 with those. hmm, wait a second. SARCASM.

l2-f ing-p buddy

Terra_Aer.png

47QV.gif UBbP.gif<--- click for teh free cookies! nom nom nom

quote pyramid

[hide=]

A quest cape is something one gets because he/she likes questing, not necessarily the same as a skillcape.

Umm its exactly like a skillcape. Its just like a 99 tbh. even though its more work. I think it should be treated like a skillcape because its to show you mastered something. So its just liek the skillcapes.

I think that's where the similarity ends.

A skillcape is a 99 in a skill. 13,034,431 experience, while a quest cape is that someone finished every quest. You can measure skill levels, you can't really measure quests as easily (ex. "I have 98 Firemaking", shows you almost have firemaking mastered as a level, while,

"I have 149 Quest Points" doesn't show what kinds of quests you have done- easy, average, hard, just the bare necessities?).

It's not directly a grind to get levels like a Skillcape is, often times it's puzzle solving and thought, or even just following a story. Yes, you can use a guide to make it easier, you still have to do the puzzle, or deal with anything the guide writers overlooked.

But the "puzzles" are very easy. This is a game designed for those -10 years old. Sure, some might be confusing, but once you "get it " its really easy.

[/hide]

can you please show me where it says it's designed for 10 year olds? i believe that it's rated for teenagers and up. they did just unblock [wagon] so i think it's worth the T rating.

can some one please find the total experience needed for quest cape and compare it too a 99? i'm willing to bet it's higher for quest cape.

also for all you quest cape haters out there- unless you have 69+ smithing and 63+ farming i don't want to even hear you mention anything about how the quest cape requirements are "easy". i'll tell you what's easy- spending about a week at rogues den cooking sharks to 99 cooking. or even fletching your magic longbows. i wouldn't have 80+ in all the skills i do if they weren't easy. how bout you try to defend something a little more difficult to get like thieving agility prayer summoning or (debatable) slayer.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

woodcutting? mining? fishing? Yes your totally right, you can powerlevel those to 99 in two weeks each. There totally fast and you can always buy your way to 99 with those. hmm, wait a second. SARCASM.

l2-f ing-p buddy

And it's so easy to buy 99 prayer, smithing, herblore or construction. I mean you only have to make like 100 million gp for each of them, what a walk in the park.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

l2-f ing-p buddy

And it's so easy to buy 99 prayer, smithing, herblore or construction. I mean you only have to make like 100 million gp for each of them, what a walk in the park.

Did i say anything about those? no, i was just pointing out that these skills require a crapload of time. I know this because these are ones i am familiar with. I have never had high pray/smith/herb/cons on the other hand. We have a common enemy. Choose your battles.

Terra_Aer.png

47QV.gif UBbP.gif<--- click for teh free cookies! nom nom nom

Did i say anything about those? no, i was just pointing out that these skills require a crapload of time. I know this because these are ones i am familiar with. I have never had high pray/smith/herb/cons on the other hand. We have a common enemy. Choose your battles.

Sorry I wasn't really talking to you about it. My comment was directed at tortilliachp but I chose you quote you as well because our posts had a similar purpose.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I find that doing quests when i got bored of skilling always kept me interested in the game, which lead to quest point cape....if it wasn't for quests, i wouldn't be playing rs

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

As a closing point, it is my experience (and i mean MY experience, yours could well be entirely the opposite) that the majority of quest capers know far more about the game and have thereby achieved more than just wasting countless hours grinding to a 99. Often they will pay closer attention to detail and have tips for levelling skills efficiently (both in time and costs) which pure skillers may not have. For example, how many skillers or indeed general players bothered to work out that a leaf-bladed sword has a higher stab rating than a d long and is therefore theoretically the most accurate melee weapon against dragons? - dragons being weak to stab attacks. (I won't claim that for myself, but extend my thanks to a good friend J_R_Kerr, a fellow quest caper :-P )

So you're basically arguing that questers are more intelligent than your average RuneScape player? And what about those of us who hate questing but do all sorts of calculations to figure out the best way to train a skill? Or what about the people who spend their time figuring out things like combat formulas? Are you going to argue that those people are all questers too, because of their intelligence? A "skiller or indeed general player" is perfectly capable of figuring out that a leaf-bladed sword has a higher stab rating than a d long. Of course a SKILLER would have no business knowing that, but I'm sure that someone who is dedicated to training combat would certainly bother to figure that out. I'm not saying everyone would, but I certainly know quite a few people who would. Being a quester does not necessarily make you more intelligent than a "general player."

That said, if you worked through the majority without quest guides (I didn't even know about fan sites and quest guides for the first year or so that I played!) then you will usually master an area of the game (even if it is only the history of the game), which a basic skiller will have no idea of.

And a skiller can master skills, which is certainly an "area of the game" and a quester may have no idea of. A skiller can figure out the most efficient methods of training and learn their skill in and out.

Actually no, I'm not. Knowing a lot about the game is not in any way related to any level of intelligence. It may be that questers are more intelligent, but I would not make such a sweeping generalisation. I simply said they often know more about the game, meaning on a broad base that encompasses elements of every part of gameplay rather than "mastering" any single "skill". That is often true. And unfortunately that undoes your entire argument against my comments, since I was not suggesting that those who don't quest are more basic humans with a lesser capacity to process information.

My point on skillers mastering skills which you omitted in your quotes was that in actual fact this stands for nothing. While the same could well be said for all elements of the game, having a 99 may statistically make you a master of the skill, but it doesn't really exhibit any special qualities. Just that you have more patience than someone who's repeatedly gone for 99s and failed. Arguably an achievement, but what have you actually learnt about the game? I say game, since that must be the measure of achievement in Runescape, given that the majority of its achievements mean nothing outside of it. I could, in a matter of perhaps 3 hours at most, work out the fastest way to gain 99 fletching having experimented with every possible fletching xp, but I don't actually have to bother getting to 99 in it to know that. Similarly, it's obvious that once you stop burning sharks, they become the fastest cooking xp. Or that the pyramid of plunder provides the fastest and easiest thieving xp. Etc etc. Oh and getting 99 doesn't signify your complete and infallible understanding of a skill, just your ability to follow the obvious hints for the fastest xp and stick to it.

I'll admit to generalising and perhaps being unfair and uninspired by the mystical 99, but questing seems to take things beyond just the basic clicking and grinding which as a skiller, you are forever doomed to. I find them a welcome break myself, and would recommend them to anyone. If you hate them vehemently, follow a quest guide and skip the chat, you might as well still get them done.

Well, depends on the skill, I'd rather have a quest cape than fletching/cooking cape, but, if it is something like slayer, hitpoints, ranged, I'd rather have those as they can take much longer than quest cape to get, I talk by experience, my first cape was quest, then hitpoints came

to waheera1:

When you say slay in the chaos tunnels, you do know you don't get slayer XP for that right? You only get slayer XP for the monsters you get asked to kill, you obviously you would learn how to kill some special monster on the way to 99, I agree with the other skills though.

Not like you can grind slayer :/

For the record, slaying is a concept not confined to Runescape's skill world:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define ... =firefox-a

When I say slay I do in fact just mean kill, any idiot knows that you only get SLAYER xp for monsters on your particular task. Just to clear that one up.

As a closing point, it is my experience (and i mean MY experience, yours could well be entirely the opposite) that the majority of quest capers know far more about the game and have thereby achieved more than just wasting countless hours grinding to a 99. Often they will pay closer attention to detail and have tips for levelling skills efficiently (both in time and costs) which pure skillers may not have. For example, how many skillers or indeed general players bothered to work out that a leaf-bladed sword has a higher stab rating than a d long and is therefore theoretically the most accurate melee weapon against dragons? - dragons being weak to stab attacks. (I won't claim that for myself, but extend my thanks to a good friend J_R_Kerr, a fellow quest caper :-P )

So you're basically arguing that questers are more intelligent than your average RuneScape player? And what about those of us who hate questing but do all sorts of calculations to figure out the best way to train a skill? Or what about the people who spend their time figuring out things like combat formulas? Are you going to argue that those people are all questers too, because of their intelligence? A "skiller or indeed general player" is perfectly capable of figuring out that a leaf-bladed sword has a higher stab rating than a d long. Of course a SKILLER would have no business knowing that, but I'm sure that someone who is dedicated to training combat would certainly bother to figure that out. I'm not saying everyone would, but I certainly know quite a few people who would. Being a quester does not necessarily make you more intelligent than a "general player."

That said, if you worked through the majority without quest guides (I didn't even know about fan sites and quest guides for the first year or so that I played!) then you will usually master an area of the game (even if it is only the history of the game), which a basic skiller will have no idea of.

And a skiller can master skills, which is certainly an "area of the game" and a quester may have no idea of. A skiller can figure out the most efficient methods of training and learn their skill in and out.

Actually no, I'm not. Knowing a lot about the game is not in any way related to any level of intelligence. It may be that questers are more intelligent, but I would not make such a sweeping generalisation. I simply said they often know more about the game, meaning on a broad base that encompasses elements of every part of gameplay rather than "mastering" any single "skill". That is often true. And unfortunately that undoes your entire argument against my comments, since I was not suggesting that those who don't quest are more basic humans with a lesser capacity to process information.

My point on skillers mastering skills which you omitted in your quotes was that in actual fact this stands for nothing. While the same could well be said for all elements of the game, having a 99 may statistically make you a master of the skill, but it doesn't really exhibit any special qualities. Just that you have more patience than someone who's repeatedly gone for 99s and failed. Arguably an achievement, but what have you actually learnt about the game? I say game, since that must be the measure of achievement in Runescape, given that the majority of its achievements mean nothing outside of it. I could, in a matter of perhaps 3 hours at most, work out the fastest way to gain 99 fletching having experimented with every possible fletching xp, but I don't actually have to bother getting to 99 in it to know that. Similarly, it's obvious that once you stop burning sharks, they become the fastest cooking xp. Or that the pyramid of plunder provides the fastest and easiest thieving xp. Etc etc. Oh and getting 99 doesn't signify your complete and infallible understanding of a skill, just your ability to follow the obvious hints for the fastest xp and stick to it.

I'll admit to generalising and perhaps being unfair and uninspired by the mystical 99, but questing seems to take things beyond just the basic clicking and grinding which as a skiller, you are forever doomed to. I find them a welcome break myself, and would recommend them to anyone. If you hate them vehemently, follow a quest guide and skip the chat, you might as well still get them done.

RuneScape isn't necessarily about "learning all you can about the game." I'd say it's about having fun, doing something you enjoy, and working towards achieving goals. Sure skilling may, for the most part, be clicking over and over and over again, but you can actually learn a lot about the economy and develop formulas and new, different methods of training. Both questing and skilling are achievements, but of a different kind. They require different skills and should both be respected for different reasons.

Posted Image

RuneScape isn't necessarily about "learning all you can about the game." I'd say it's about having fun, doing something you enjoy, and working towards achieving goals. Sure skilling may, for the most part, be clicking over and over and over again, but you can actually learn a lot about the economy and develop formulas and new, different methods of training. Both questing and skilling are achievements, but of a different kind. They require different skills and should both be respected for different reasons.

I totally agree that RS should only be about having fun, since that was the sole reason it was created. It has been incredibly successful, in no small part because it offers a fantasy game loosely based on a popular period of history, but the skilling element should always be secondary to enjoyment in it. As for "learning all you can about the game", that seems to me the only measure of skill of any worth within it. Yes training methods etc can be refined and the like, but they are still essentially just a bunch of clicks, and whilst they should not be derided, 99s in real terms mean nothing. Similarly, a knowledge of runescape and a questcape amount to much the same, but somehow to me being knowledgeable is worth more than simply levels. It may get you branded a "geek", but by learning a lot about the game you have at least achieved something that cannot simply be done by clicking. And at the same time, questing alone cannot achieve that either.

No offence to you or anyone else but I detest the argument that runescape can teach you about the economy. Try predicting the outcome/causes of the credit crunch based solely on runescape's simple "supply and demand" economy and you'll rapidly become unstuck. But that's just a personal irritation really, other than that I agree with what you say! Just for the love of God don't turn into a self-justifying player who tries to claim RS is good for learning! :-P

Comparing quests and skills are like saying "chicken or egg?", really: both are different, of equal "importance" and ultimately it doesn't really matter either way.

I totally agree that RS should only be about having fun, since that was the sole reason it was created. It has been incredibly successful, in no small part because it offers a fantasy game loosely based on a popular period of history, but the skilling element should always be secondary to enjoyment in it. As for "learning all you can about the game", that seems to me the only measure of skill of any worth within it. Yes training methods etc can be refined and the like, but they are still essentially just a bunch of clicks, and whilst they should not be derided, 99s in real terms mean nothing. Similarly, a knowledge of runescape and a questcape amount to much the same, but somehow to me being knowledgeable is worth more than simply levels. It may get you branded a "geek", but by learning a lot about the game you have at least achieved something that cannot simply be done by clicking. And at the same time, questing alone cannot achieve that either.

No offence to you or anyone else but I detest the argument that runescape can teach you about the economy. Try predicting the outcome/causes of the credit crunch based solely on runescape's simple "supply and demand" economy and you'll rapidly become unstuck. But that's just a personal irritation really, other than that I agree with what you say! Just for the love of God don't turn into a self-justifying player who tries to claim RS is good for learning! :-P

Comparing quests and skills are like saying "chicken or egg?", really: both are different, of equal "importance" and ultimately it doesn't really matter either way.

I think at this point it just comes down to a difference in opinion. There is no sole greatest thing in RuneScape because it's different for everybody. As made evident by this thread and countless others in the Debate Club alone, everyone has a very different opinion on almost every aspect of RuneScape.

I'm not trying to argue that you can become an economics expert because of RuneScape. But it can teach you basic things like supply and demand and how some items can affect others and the impact that updates can have on the economy, etc. I doubt that older players will learn much from RuneScape, but for younger teens, RuneScape can actually be educational in that minor sense.

Posted Image

Well as an owner of a quest cape and a 99 skill i can say that the quest cape is generally more respected. Sure Defence is becoming a much more common 99 and is therefore respected slightly less, if i wear my quest cape and Defence hood or vise versa i will generally get more complements on the quest attire. Quest capes are very notabley respected more then certain 99 Skill capes where there are still some that leave it for nought, some of these include skill capes such as Slayer, Rune craft and Minning. Where as these days you will see many more Fletching, Fire making, Wood cutting and Cooking capes then you will see quest, these capes are still truley great accomplishments yet to some people they just don't do it.

Quest capes become more respectable each month as new quests are continually comming out and these new quests have new requirments, i feel that if JaGex sticks to their 1 quest a month rageme it may eventually become the most respected out of any cape.

4sDIn.png

I think at this point it just comes down to a difference in opinion. There is no sole greatest thing in RuneScape because it's different for everybody. As made evident by this thread and countless others in the Debate Club alone, everyone has a very different opinion on almost every aspect of RuneScape.

I'm not trying to argue that you can become an economics expert because of RuneScape. But it can teach you basic things like supply and demand and how some items can affect others and the impact that updates can have on the economy, etc. I doubt that older players will learn much from RuneScape, but for younger teens, RuneScape can actually be educational in that minor sense.

Which surely is the whole point of the Debate Club?

And if you insist then I'll concede some very minor benefits in aspects of runescape, but on the whole I'd rather the guys that need to learn that kind of information learnt it properly from a book instead of acting completely ignorantly until their runescape epiphany!

Which surely is the whole point of the Debate Club?

And if you insist then I'll concede some very minor benefits in aspects of runescape, but on the whole I'd rather the guys that need to learn that kind of information learnt it properly from a book instead of acting completely ignorantly until their runescape epiphany!

Personally, I find no point in debating when there is no right or wrong answer and it comes down to a matter of opinion.

Posted Image

Shouldn't you have put stuck instead of unstuck? And not to dispute that playing runescape teaches you the same stuff as high level economic courses, because we all know runescape doesn't, but if you pay enough attention to the runescape economy you can easily learn the BASICS of supply and demand.

Ontopic:

99% of skillcapes people just got them for a fancy cape. Alot of the people with less respectable skillcapes such as cooking or theiving just got them because they wanted to fit in.....

Tell the 20 people with maxed Thieving and the ~7246 people with 99 that it's not worth anything. Yes, 7,246 people have the Thieving cape, which is less than the 24,382 people with the more "respectable and difficult" Woodcutting cape. True, skills like Farming, Slayer, or Agility have less 99'd people. Just throwing out numbers.

It's not that I don't think 99 theiving isn't an accomplishment...Personally, I have to (or should) give a certain respect to people with any 99s, because they have the patience to do something I can't. I may think that 99s are a waste of time....But I cannot honestly know if I would still think this had I the patience to get a 99.

However I still dislike most skillcapes on the general principle that people get it for the cape not the 99. I'd be willing to bet that at least half (a more conservative estimate then my 99%) of the people with 99 theiving didn't even want to get it; but got it because they wanted to fit in and not feel like a noob with no skillcape.

I guess it is because this is because I feel people should get skillcapes that they want, not skillcapes based on a desire to keep up with the Jones. Not just because they want to fit in and/or feel superior.

But alas, that is the way the human psyche works, be it on runescape or anywhere else. And I can't say I'm immune to that mentality...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.