Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

doomwish11

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With skills getting easier and more quests being continuously added into the game, the QP cape could end up as the hardest cape in the game to get.

thats the way i view it. although if you already have it, and you keep training your skills(while there are no new quests), it should be easy enough to keep it, but a new player a year or so from now will be overrun with the thought of getting a quest cape.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

People have to relize, not all use guides. The only quests I actually really used a guide for was M.E pt.2, and while guthix sleeps. It doesn't hurt to think, but most people think it does and instantly use a guide.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

People have to relize, not all use guides. The only quests I actually really used a guide for was M.E pt.2, and while guthix sleeps. It doesn't hurt to think, but most people think it does and instantly use a guide.

On my old main, it took over 2 hours to complete Getrudes Cat without a guide @@

On my old main, it took over 2 hours to complete Getrudes Cat without a guide @@

!~Potential spoiler ahead~!

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

!~Potential spoiler ahead~!

I don't know how anyone would have thought to make a seagull launcher out of a shirt and an accordion for Rocking Out though... That just seems too out there

You got to admit, it was fun doing that, though.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Okey, lets see...

skill cape is always (or atleast usually) boring clicking and repeating the same thing from days to weeks and evetually to months. It really depends on the skill and how you leveled it. It is really admirable if you mined your way to 99 and smithed your ores to 99. But there are these skills that requires you to only click once, then you can read forums, book, go eat something and repeat. So it depends what skill is current subject

Quest cape, time for some personal experience: I am closer than ever achieving the cape with only 3 quests remaining (Wgs, Rocking out and devious minds) Now i need 65 herblore, 65 farming and 69 smithing, which are one of the slowest skills in game. So aguiring (spelling?) those take alot time, especially (spelling again?) if you dont like them.

Quests itself takes time too. My brother finished wgs with quest guide in 4 hours. 4 hours with quest guide! Now lets add the fact that some players dont use the quest guides and we get much more difficult cape. And in almost every quest you`ll have to battle againts 100+ monsters.

So imo the scales keel towards the quest cape

P.S. i needed to get going in the end so its made in hurry

P.P.S this was far longer than i expected :oops: #-o :?

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Read through the first few pages and the last one. This is mainly personal preference. I prefer my QPC, and would wear that over the cooking cape I'm working on. Some capes, like Summoning and Runecrafting, are more respectable in my eyes, because they take more time and effort to get. Though, at the same time, the QPC takes longer than most people say. WGS took me 5 hours without a guide, Mourning Ends II took 3-4 hours with a guide, and Dealing with Scarabas took over 7 hours. :wall: :wall: Those grinding quests are what most people don't talk about. People always assume guides are used for quests, and also that skills are always bought. I say, kudos to those who spent hours on one quest, and to those who didn't buy skills. (It took me a good 3 months back in 07 to fish and cook my 70 fish and 78 cook, and today bought up to 80 cooking.) The cape should not be applauded, but the time and effort put in should be. But really, just wear/ get wichever you prefer.

• 3 months later...

Honestly? I hate questing so skillcapes are teh pwnage \' :thumbsup: ::'

Seriously though, Questing is really easy because only people who actually LIKE questing will get it. Unless they are terribly, terribly sad :| Skillcapes require you to do the same thing for months and it is quite repetitive. And questing skillcape doesn't take that long if you are a high level. My friend got one in like less than 2 months :?

disturbeda.png

Quest Cape. Quest Cape. Quest Cape.

Okay, sorry. (Look up for my opinion. ^^)

Anyway, to make my post debate-worthy, here are the reasons.

Firstly, some skill capes are insanely difficult to get. However, at the same time, so is the quest cape. Look at me, 204/max quest points, all done without a guide, even when I was doing that hellish first-time puzzle during Monkey Madness.

The experience needed for a skillcape is about 13,000,000. The total for a Quest Cape is a lot, lot more.

And the third and deciding factor. A Quest Cape without using guides (my goal) takes ages. You end up running all over Gielinor getting the items you need. You could end up taking 2 weeks to try to figure something out, then quit from frustration. A skillcape, however, doesn't take its toll like a Quest Cape, even the ones like Runecrafting and Slayer. You know what you need to do, it's set.

Simple. Quest Cape overrides skill capes, but only if it's done by yourself, not guides.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

You really have to take into account the fastest way to do it which IS with guides.

I can take months doing fletching, it doesn't make it any more respectable than someone who just did broad arrows and did it in less than a month. Who's going to know that you did it the hard way.

O.O

Most quests are not very difficult to do without guides. I only use guides for dangerous quests with a high risk of dying. A lot of the time you can even deduce the items you need based on the skill requirements. (If a quest requires a mining level, I always bring a pickaxe. If the quest requires Icthlarin's Little Helper or Restless Ghost, bring a Catspeak/Ghostspeak Ammy. If a quest requires a woodcutting level, you probably need a hatchet. And so on.)

• 5 months later...

^ +1

It's for fun moments that I love doing quests so much. (Btw I'm stealing that quote for my Sig)

Quest Cape is infinitely better than ANY skill cape for the simple reason that it's more fun to do. Anyone who thinks skilling to 99 isn't a chore isn't human. And if you log on to Runescape to do chores rather than have fun, then you're not doing it right.

Sarineka.png

~Less QQ, Moar Pew Pew~

Personally, I think it depends on the skill cape.

Something relatively easy, like fletching, firemaking, or cooking (my personal 3 LEAST favorite capes), I'd wear the quest cape over any day. But something tougher, like Runecrafting or Slayer, I'd wear that over the quest cape.

It all depends on our personal opinions. Seeing a skill cape for a skill that we find incredibly boring tends to raise our respect of that person, for devoting themself to getting that incredibly boring skill to 99 (even though they might enjoy the skill).

But quest cape doesn't prove that you did every quest yourself. For instance, I have 285 Quest Points, and I've NEVER done a quest w/o a guide (lolz). I'm just too lazy. But spending the time to get a skill cape proves you have devotion to a particular skill and took the time to get it.

And I'm beginning to see more and more quest capes these days - definately one of the more common capes. And with each new quest cape, I think the overall achievement of getting a quest cape (to me personally) decreases. If everyone has one, what's the point of getting one - you can't really show off if everyone else has the exact same thing.

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Also, QP cape gets harder every year.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Depends on the skill cape, in my opinion. Like sportsman said, capes such as cooking, fletching, firemaking or woodcutting are less impressive because they're so easy to get (well, not exactly easy, they just don't take such a long time) compared to the harder capes such as slayer, runecrafting, farming, etc. I'd easily prefer quest cape over the first four, but not the others, even though the quest cape requires more experience.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

But the skill cape you can just forget about it after you finish. Have you seen the amount of people with barely 13M exp, who dont train even 10k past getting 99? But almost every Quester will do the new quests immediately to keep their cape.