Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

doomwish11

I have a quest acape and im very proud of it. it was very hard and one of my greatest accomplishments.. i dont have any 99's and dont plan on it. i have calculated the lowest amount of possible xp needed to get a quest cape. its 10.8M xp. not to mention higher skills help. also think about the reward of xp given and the time it takes. it is much harder for a quest cape than repetitive clicking although some skills are harder and do deserve respect.

I have a quest cape woot!

years playing:3

good drops:1 d med (after price crash)

nothing else... ever

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, heres my opinion:

Skillcapes that are "worse" than quest cape

-Cooking

-Construction

-Firemaking

-Fletching

-And basically all skills you can plain buy

Skillcapes that are "about the same level" as the quest cape:

-Crafting

-Prayer

-Wcing

-Fishing

-Mining

-Summoning (you can buy this one but youll need to get the charms)

-Hunter

-And combat related skills (except slayer and hitpoints)

Skillcapes that are "better" than the quest cape:

-Slayer

-Hitpoints

-Farming (afk-ers may find it easier)

-Herlbore (a.k.a Hellbored in my world)

-runecrafting (lots of running evolved)

-agility

-And all the others i haven't said yet

This is my opinion, i hope you respect it as much as i respect yours

[hide=]

Okay, heres my opinion:

-Cooking

-Construction

-Firemaking

-Fletching

-Crafting

-Prayer

-Wcing

-Fishing

-Mining

-Hunter

-Slayer

-Hitpoints

-agility

[/hide]

lahit, why is it that you have herblore listed as better than a quest cape, prayer listed as equal to quest cape but construction and "basically all skills you can plain buy" as skills that are worse than a quest cape? Herblore is one of the most buyable skills out there. In fact, it's equal with construction in my book, seeing as how they took me about the same amount of time to level to 99 and cost about the same. And prayer is almost about the same, but a little cheaper, I think (by maybe 20 million gp).

Furthermore, why are "all skills you can plain buy" so bad? You do realize that it takes a ton of time and dedication to make upwards of 100 million, don't you? Not all people who have 99 construction and similar skills have hoards of party hats and millions of gp sitting in their bank, just waiting to be spent. Some people spent months making money in order to afford to level such skills. In fact, it could take someone longer to get 99 construction than to get 99 woodcutting or fishing. And the longer it takes, the more dedication and patience you need, in my opinion.

I'm mostly just wondering why your list is so uneven. You have three skills that are almost identical in three separate categories.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

[hide=]
Okay, heres my opinion:

-Cooking

-Construction

-Firemaking

-Fletching

-Crafting

-Prayer

-Wcing

-Fishing

-Mining

-Hunter

-Slayer

-Hitpoints

-agility

[/hide]

lahit, why is it that you have herblore listed as better than a quest cape, prayer listed as equal to quest cape but construction and "basically all skills you can plain buy" as skills that are worse than a quest cape? Herblore is one of the most buyable skills out there. In fact, it's equal with construction in my book, seeing as how they took me about the same amount of time to level to 99 and cost about the same. And prayer is almost about the same, but a little cheaper, I think (by maybe 20 million gp).

Furthermore, why are "all skills you can plain buy" so bad? You do realize that it takes a ton of time and dedication to make upwards of 100 million, don't you? Not all people who have 99 construction and similar skills have hoards of party hats and millions of gp sitting in their bank, just waiting to be spent. Some people spent months making money in order to afford to level such skills. In fact, it could take someone longer to get 99 construction than to get 99 woodcutting or fishing. And the longer it takes, the more dedication and patience you need, in my opinion.

I'm mostly just wondering why your list is so uneven. You have three skills that are almost identical in three separate categories.

QFT. I was wondering the same thing. Nothing is wrong with "buying" skills.

my friend that was a high level player with alot of 99s got a quest cape today it took him about a month from 80 quest left all the hard ones dt, rfd, and me2 and wgs, so like 92-99 in a skill he told me it was one of the easier capes to him.

but 92-99 in a month thats comparable to 50k/hr skills like agil, fish, mining it was easier because it didnt have the grind of those but it still took a month!

so that would kinda rank quest cape with woodcutting cape but not with cooking/fletching

but they really cannot be compared.

10 99s and no quest cape here i personally hate quest ...

You have the perfect quote for me to use =D

The questcape and skillcapes require entirely different mindsets. Some people have the patience to skill but hate quests, people like me love quests but hate skilling. It's like asking a math geek and an artist if math or art is the hardest. The math geek will say art, the artist will say math.

Another thing about the questcape is you can't measure it in how long it takes to get it. Your friend may have gotten his in a month , but he probably used a guide for all of em, had all the skills required and money for supplies for the quest.

One of the things I like about questcapes though, most people who have them get them because they love questing. 99% of skillcapes people just got them for a fancy cape. Alot of the people with less respectable skillcapes such as cooking or theiving just got them because they wanted to fit in.....

P.S. Rfd and wgs aren't very hard, just very long. Rfd is 10 mini quests in one, and wgs just takes a long time.

BTW I feel this is the perfect place to add that I think people who beat every quest without a guide or help from anywhere deserve a cape of their own :P

I wouldn't have that cape >.>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

In all honesty no one can really claim any cape is better than another.

One mans pain is another mans gain as they say....

Cooking is undoubtedly one of the fastest in terms of exp, and also not much GP cost.

However, why doesn't anyone who's got about 10m go get one?

Because they don't want to or don't need to.

I started doing quests proper this year, which resulted me in obtaining the quest cape.

I have endevoured to complete all diaries too, but after reading the first the first few pages of replies on this thread, not many people talk about rewards from obtaining a cape.

A cape is something you earn when you are the master of something...normally.

"cape gatherers" as I like to put them, hardly ever enjoy the skill, or what rewards can be made from it.

Thus, this is the reason the skills which are earnt through GP trade can only be trained effectively at a loss.

There's an old chinese proverb which says, "A man who enjoys his job, never works a day in his life", or something like that.

Sure, most people would say slayer is a hard skill to master, but that's if you focus on the goal, and not the reward. I believe an estimation of about 60m is not an inaccurate figure of the money you make training slayer to 99, alongside most likely mastery of all the combat skills apart from perhaps magic, and even a very high level in summoning.

I have nearly now earned my range cape twice over, yet the first time round, I did it for the gain of hitting better, the rewards of getting high in level.

And so is the same in nearly all skills, something to gain by training. Equally with quest cape/diaries, there is a wealth of contents and tools, extra skill parts to unlock, minigames etc that you cannot do without doing quests.

If you focus on the reward and not the goal, then it's a much sweeter taste to the tongue.

I think most people forget that if they don't enjoy doing something, they don't need to do it. RS is just a game afterall.

And in danger of sounding too much like the oh-so-common-sense message that comes so much out of the TipIt articles, I'll say it outright...Just enjoy the game your own way.

:thumbup:

One other thing about getting quest capes is that you will know more about the game in general.

If I had not gotten my quest cape, I would not even know about so many things to do in rs. This is why I applaud the achievement diaries, because they also push people to get to know the game better.

I also wouldn't have as high combat, because I only ever did it in order to be able to finish the quests. Combat training is more boring than any of the non-combat skills, although agility is close. Hit something, hit it again, hit it again, eat something, hit some more.

They are interesting, if only because of the stories. I guess that makes me like Juna, although I can't reward you with access to Tears of Guthix ;p

Did I get the quest cape because I actually value it? Not really, I just like doing the quests. I only got the cape because it's cheaper to replace than an obsidian cape for the same stats. But then, here's the real crux...all of the capes are completely worthless (except for the 99k they cost) other than for the stat bonuses they bestow.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

While doing all of the quests doesn't seem to take that long to some people, this is most likely just an illusion because you are constantly doing different things, instead of just one thing for a long amount of time, much like when time seems to fly past when you are actively working on something as opposed to sitting in a waiting room. People also don't take into account the time it takes to get the necessary skill levels to do the quests or the money some quests require to obtain various items needed for the quests. Many of the quests also take many hours to complete: it took me over 5 hours to complete Mournings Ends Part 2 and about 7 hours to complete While Guthix Sleeps, to give a few examples. Some of the quests also require some abstract thinking, while skills usually involved concrete thinking (fish at a fishing spot to obtain fish, cut a tree for woodcutting, et cetera). So, in my opinion, even though some skills might take longer to get to 99 than it takes to get all of the quests done, the amount of overall skill involved in completing all of the quests means that it is more prestigious to have a quest point cape than a skill cape.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I got my quest cape around level 90. It was quite difficult fighting the bosses at my level, in fact, I died fighting the balance elemental, but I eventually prevailed. The quest cape has opened up quite a few things for me - originally with 45 defence, I set a goal to get a quest cape, but it was impossible since I needed 65 for King's Ransom. So I just adapted and got 70 defence instead, something I don't regret. It also lead me to the summoning skill - one that I tried as best as I could to avoid. Now I realise that summoning is one of the most important skills that I would need in my venture for that elusive slayer cape.

purely_sage.png

To be honest skill capes take alot longer to get and much harder i believe. Not to mention costly in some areas in that category. Quests are there to help us break the dreaded repetition to get xp for that elusive 99..becuase if every1 really thinks down deep and looks. We all want 99s in some sort of skill and in most cases 2 at least ..for that trim and extra splash of color. Plus skill capes can prove to the whole community that this character is a dedicated player. So what my goal is in Geilinor is to keep doing quests the day they come out and continually get more 99's. In the long run I will have more capes than those that do not do either or. And hopefully have more respect in the world I live there.

Unlike most people, I could not really care less about skillcapes. The only 99 skills that interesting are skills that you can actually do something with at 99, not just wear a flashy cape. And yes I have a questcape, but I would still have all quests done if it wasn't for the cape. *cough* Although it wouldn't have happened as quickly....

And although everyone who spends hours grinding towards a skillcape should feel proud of that skillcape (I remember how happy I was when I got questcape) I have no desire to make RS boring just for the sake of a flashy cape. Especially when so many people get one just to fit in....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I have 243 qps and 2 99's at the moment. So luckily, I see both sides of this arguement. Yes, they are the noob cook and fletch capes. I'll admit it. I bought fletch post 90, and just about all of cook. Is that wrong? If I make money doing other skills, or from drops etc, why wouldn't I want to put it toward a skill? Yes, I do believe this "downgrades" certain capes in the awe factor. But I am also just about to level 93 in farm. :) Certain capes will always be ranked differently to various people, but I think we can all agree that Con, Sum, Farm, Slay, pray will usually seem more impressive than cook, fm, fletch, and the melee capes. (PC ftw?) Anyone who has a quest cape gets my kudos for training all of their stats to meet the min requirements, and spending countless hours gathering materials and doing puzzles of the various quests. But to be honest, anyone who has tier level 3 in all the achievement diaries, has my respect over the quest cape and most of the nub capes! Just my opinion of course. :)

I habs that =D

Although I don't have 70+ all skills yet :(

I was only able to motivate myself for the hard ones o.O

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

quest cape doesnt count...

thanks for the math ::'

As a proud owner of a quest cape, guideless too btw, i'd have to say a quest cape is better than the COMMON skill capes such as fletching cooking thieving and woodcutting, and I'd have to say getting a quest cape is near a 99 in the amount of exp needed, i totaled it up btw, the 66 hp is wat u get after the 60 range and attack and strength being 65, which are the lowest total exp for warriors guild, needed for while guthix sleeps. Here's the total exp:

Attack- 65 - 449,428

Strength- 65 - 449,428

Defence- 65 - 449,428

Ranged- 60 - 273,742

Hitpoints- 66 - 540,675 - this is the exp after taking above 4 and adding together and dividing by 3

Magic- 75 - 1,210,421

Prayer- 55 - 166,636

Summoning- 23 - 8,740

Cooking- 70 - 737,627

Woodcutting- 72 - 899,257

Fletching- 53 - 136,594

Fishing -62 - 333,804

Firemaking- 55 - 166,636

Crafting- 66 - 496,254

Mining- 60 - 273,742

Smithing- 69 - 668,051

Herblore- 65 - 449,428

Agility -60 - 273,742

Thieving- 63 - 368,599

Slayer- 59 - 247,886

Farming- 65 - 449,428

Runecrafting- 50 - 101,333

Hunter- 55 - 166,636

Construction- 50 - 101,333

Total:9,414,848

3,615,583 exp short of a 99

Thats the equivalent of getting 95 in a skill, but considering the quests alone can take a month, and thats WITH guides, guideless it will obviously take longer, meaning in my oppinion it definitely is qualified as a skill cape, it also gets harder and harder to get with the release of more quests, meaning it will end up becoming rarer.

There is also the fact of the rewards from the quests that i can include, such as the 400k exp from WGS, but should I leave this out or add to the total?

i agree, quests take time to complete. but not a month if u do it right and easy. even without guides. remember, when WGS came out people were doing it a matter of 1-3 days, no guides. and summer's end, 8hrs roughly. no guides. true the skills for the quests take time to lvl and quests too, but that only really totals to about maybe 8 months? considering time needed to level certain skills.

i also agree with your "better than the more common skill capes" such as fm/fletch/str/cook/hunt. but those other skill capes take much longer to obtain. granted if u train the fast way with some skills (like brews with herb) and lose a ton of money, then those skills would be faster than the cape. but for non buyables, mining in particular. mining takes roughly 8 months to obtain, much longer if u dont have the liberty to train every day constantly. that is a real skill cape (unlike the ones u see more than obby capes).

quest cape i dont think count as skill capes because questing itself isnt very diffcult (plenty of ways to beat the bosses with the minimum lvls) but maybe just timeconsuming, which, in my book, makes it just another fm/fletch/cook/str cape. sure it takes much more attention, but the "easieness" kinda works against it, seeing as lvl 85s can get them, but lvl 85s cant really get 99s in certain skills that require much more time an attention. since the requirements for the cape are relatively low, those are actually pretty common average lvls, which means the average scaper can get a quest cape if they wanted, but the average scaper probably wouldnt get the mining cape if they wanted to.

I just love it when people like you post on questcape. You have level 1 herblore, farming, construction....Your levels are quite far from having a questcape. With 135 questpoints you have absolutely no idea how hard mep2 or summers end is. I just can't beleive someone who is far far from the reqs for a questcape is saying that the skills in it are easy to get. This from someone who has probably never ever farmed!

You know, I really should read through an entire thread before replying to it...

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

I honeslty think this is too broad of a debate. There are some skill capes, which I even own, that are jokes. Fletching, cooking, and even some may say thieving. But there are others that take up a huge amount of time aka slayer, runecrafting, and farming(mostly waiting time). Even then there are some that a large amount of cash for your average runescape player aka herblore, crafting, prayer, construction, and summoning. To make this an arguement you'd have to set it up with a certain grouping of skill capes instead of just all of them in general.

I remember about a year and a half back when I systematically did one quest a week, rose an easy skill to a higher level than used my quest I did to bring up a harder or boring skill like construct, agility, prayer, hunt, summon than spending time on it at a low level.

I did this till I had completed all the quests and at the time I would say that it was not such a hard task. I quit playing runescape for almost a year and am back. Now that these new quests require new skills like hunter, summon, construction, finishing all the quests has become much harder and since new quests are added and new skills required it can only become even harder to achieve the quest cape.

When you skill, you can get set into a simple efficient pattern with slight variation and minimal change and get your 99 with a lot patience. For some skills it will require a lot of cash and some skills you can just boost the level of the skill massively by blowing a fortune on it.

The skill capes Require a certain amount of experience to obtain, some harder depending on the skills especially the ones that cannot be bought off and easier for ones as simple as Wood Cutting.

Anyone can skill without barely any knowledge of the game but to even complete all the current quests out now even with a guide and just clicking boxes, you have to actually have real gamer experience and become dare I say "somewhat good at the game."

Anyone can go cut trees all day long, sell logs for a better hatchet than keep cutting, even for a slower skill to raise like agility that does not differ, but some monsters in quests are a bit more complicated than attack and eat. When doing the summers end quest you have to be pretty good at moving your character around and exercise timing and judgment or you could be slaughtered even at level 80+ health in one hit of the Giant spirit beast. Some guides can only give you some vague hints on how or what to do on things because even some of the puzzles are randomized to a degree. Doing some quests will put you uncomfortable places that skills do not put you in, such as the wild for long portions of time or in a pile of high damaging, various type of attacking monsters with poison or dragon breath were if you are not concentrating you will be dead in no time flat. High level quests usually run the very possible risk of you dying and losing a fortune worth of items, and acquiring those items such as a whip or full rune or w/e also take time and effort. Skills in general are not dangerous unless you are a true daredevil or idiot, and just feel like wrestling dragons naked to work on prayer. During a quest you can easily lose your position due to logging out or having to teleport, which in a quest like "back to my roots" is going to piss you off, and even with a guide, which I have looked up several on the quest and that maze is a bit more complicated and optically challenging than a black box of corridors that you just look at the instructions and they say... Turn left, Turn right... Go forward... U turn! Also you usually don't have a bunch of mobs attacking you while you are stressing over a puzzle.

Once you lose some progress you don't just immediately get it back, where as with experience in the game, once you gain some, it is not going back down.

I believe that the quest cape is far more respectable than the other skill capes, except a select difficult few like summoning, and that the Quest cape can only get far more difficult to get compared to the other quest capes.

Here's the way I see it:

Both capes are going to take inordinate amounts of time, and in many cases, some quests will have to be completed in order to either start leveling (Summoning/Herblore) or maximize the potential of a skill (Smithing > Phasmatys, Firemaking > Shades of Mort'ton or All Fired Up, Mining > Between a Rock or Enkhara's Lament).

Skill capes will take between 2 and 3 times longer than a Quest Cape [at first], as gathering the materials for a 99 is time consuming, as is processing them. You can bank whatever level you want, but you still have to process it - you can't just "bank" a Quest Cape.

Any Quest Cape holder right now is instantly disqualified from that cape if a new Quest comes out, thus meaning more work to be done.

I'd probably respect the Skill Capes more, because while Quests are difficult, they're not nearly as tedious as leveling any skill out there, including Cooking or Fletching.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I like my quest cape. I'll just keep that at that.

A quest cape means you have ventured to(almost) all of the areas in runescape AND have trained all of your skills to a high extent(cancel out con/hunt/summon).

A skill cape comes in three parts

Part A: the buyable skills. Which, even if you did "earn" them. They are pretty much pointless in terms of fashion..

These Include, Firemaking, Cooking, and Fletching

Part B: The skills that actually take paying attension ect. Because you have to do it without a "x" feature

These include; fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, Agility, combat(in some extents)

Part C: The ones that ARE an achivement, but only because you were able to spend a gazillion dollars on them.

Those are SUmmoning and Contruction(kinda doesnt count if you just kept making limestone fires...)

That's my veiw of things

99% of skillcapes people just got them for a fancy cape. Alot of the people with less respectable skillcapes such as cooking or theiving just got them because they wanted to fit in.....

Tell the 20 people with maxed Thieving and the ~7246 people with 99 that it's not worth anything. Yes, 7,246 people have the Thieving cape, which is less than the 24,382 people with the more "respectable and difficult" Woodcutting cape. True, skills like Farming, Slayer, or Agility have less 99'd people. Just throwing out numbers.

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png

for construction all it shows is you have tons of money. same with summoning. It doesnt show your awesomeness really. Quests you show you have been awesome at every quest you did

Awsome at the quests?

Following a guide step by step? Thats not awsome.

you did MEP2? i had problems even with a guide

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Ive done some research, and this is what ive found:

Skills needed for Quest Cape:

60 agility

50 attack

50 construction

70 cooking

66 crafting

65 defence

65 farming

55 firemaking

62 fishing

53 fletching

65 herblore

55 hunter

75 magic

60 mining

50 prayer

60 range

50 runecrafting

59 slayer

69 smithing

60 strenght

23 summoning

63 thieving

72 woodcutting

Total xp: 8.991.697

Total lvl: 1307

So its about 4372k below the amount of xp needed for a lvl 99 in any skill. But dont forget you might spend an extra 2 months or more if you do it without guides, to finish the quests themselves.

Conclusion, they're both a bit even when it comes to time in general, but there will always be more quests to do every month.. so quest cape wins.

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

dude, awesome idea with the achievement cape trimming the quest cape. i might have to get both if that happens..now that'll be hot.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Well, Quest cape just shows you have high skills and can do all of the quests.

I don't think it is better than a skillcape. You have HIGH skills, but maybe not a 99. Quests are EXTREMELY easy. Its all walk around, give a few item, maybe a fight here or there.

dude, did you just say you had 277 qp to look kool or what? cuz i cant figure out how you have that many, and only 58 smithing...or only 69 wc for that matter. am i going crazy? cuz i swear you need 69 smithing just for rocking out. :wall:

hope you're not lying and just have some weird way you made it work... :^o

:shame:

Dpattle.png[hide=]

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Quest Cape is more impressive.

Fm'ing skillcape: "wewt, I can click logs \:D/"

Quest Cape: requires a variety of skills and mindsets to complete :thumbsup:

Same could be said.

Skillcape: Woot I work hard for my skill.

Quest Cape: I read guides all day long.

oh thats bull for you to even say that...again, even with the guides, the work you have to put in is still there...its just not boring work like grinding to get 99, that doesnt make it easier cuz its still work =P

Quest capes rule, and one day, when i have enough money to get some skills higher(69 smithing) i might actually go for a quest cape =P

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

This is a game designed for those -10 years old.

That's not entirely true, as Runescape is rated for 13+ players. Sure, the puzzles may not be rubix cube difficulty, but they do tease your mind. As an owner of the quest cape, I have to say the only time I have a great amount of pride in my cape is the day or two after a new quest comes out, before any written guide has been released.

OT: I view the quest cape as a separate achievement from skillcapes. As A Local Guy was saying, it's difficult to compare them, as they require two very different objectives. Skillcapes show your dedication to a skill, whereas the quest cape shows your dedication to delve deeper into the game than most ever do. They all deserve the same amount of respect, regardless of what cape it is.

yes, yes they ALL do...the keyword here is ALL...be it cooking or slayer...get over it. =P

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

the quest cape shows that you are skilled any manythings other then just one thing... while if you just have one skillcape it means you just like doing that one thing. One of these days im going to finish all of them....

In my Oppion the quest skillcape is deffenatly the BEST.

poter116.png

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

I find my quest cape much more valuable than any skill cape but slayer and a few others. I'm guessing that around 90% of cooking/fletching capes (99% of firemaking capes) were bought. And honestly i just consider grinding a skill wasting your life. i enjoy quests, and a few certain skills, but its not an acomplishment to me, to prove that i can spend months clicking on logs.

zkoppl1.png