Skill Capes vs. Quest Skill Cape

doomwish11

Which surely is the whole point of the Debate Club?

And if you insist then I'll concede some very minor benefits in aspects of runescape, but on the whole I'd rather the guys that need to learn that kind of information learnt it properly from a book instead of acting completely ignorantly until their runescape epiphany!

Personally, I find no point in debating when there is no right or wrong answer and it comes down to a matter of opinion.

Nor do I as a rule, but at a basic level that's what debating usually is.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence to you or anyone else but I detest the argument that runescape can teach you about the economy. Try predicting the outcome/causes of the credit crunch based solely on runescape's simple "supply and demand" economy and you'll rapidly become unstuck. But that's just a personal irritation really, other than that I agree with what you say! Just for the love of God don't turn into a self-justifying player who tries to claim RS is good for learning! :-P

Comparing quests and skills are like saying "chicken or egg?", really: both are different, of equal "importance" and ultimately it doesn't really matter either way.

Shouldn't you have put stuck instead of unstuck? And not to dispute that playing runescape teaches you the same stuff as high level economic courses, because we all know runescape doesn't, but if you pay enough attention to the runescape economy you can easily learn the BASICS of supply and demand.

No. If however you're an American then perhaps that may change things, as it's quite a common colloquialism in England.

And I know it's possible to learn the BASICS, but I get really cheesed off by the people that post on runescape forums about how wonderful it is that runescape teaches economics etc. It doesn't and the basic awareness of it, though useful, shouldn't give an argument for playing runescape as a learning experience. It is my opinion that the people who have to justify playing like that are the people that should stop playing and learn such things properly from dilligent study. Disagree if you like, but that's how I view it and how I will continue to view it regardless of any counter-argument.

No offence to you or anyone else but I detest the argument that runescape can teach you about the economy. Try predicting the outcome/causes of the credit crunch based solely on runescape's simple "supply and demand" economy and you'll rapidly become unstuck. But that's just a personal irritation really, other than that I agree with what you say! Just for the love of God don't turn into a self-justifying player who tries to claim RS is good for learning! :-P

Comparing quests and skills are like saying "chicken or egg?", really: both are different, of equal "importance" and ultimately it doesn't really matter either way.

Shouldn't you have put stuck instead of unstuck? And not to dispute that playing runescape teaches you the same stuff as high level economic courses, because we all know runescape doesn't, but if you pay enough attention to the runescape economy you can easily learn the BASICS of supply and demand.

No. If however you're an American then perhaps that may change things, as it's quite a common colloquialism in England.

And I know it's possible to learn the BASICS, but I get really cheesed off by the people that post on runescape forums about how wonderful it is that runescape teaches economics etc. It doesn't and the basic awareness of it, though useful, shouldn't give an argument for playing runescape as a learning experience. It is my opinion that the people who have to justify playing like that are the people that should stop playing and learn such things properly from dilligent study. Disagree if you like, but that's how I view it and how I will continue to view it regardless of any counter-argument.

Oh and fyi if you're unsure as to what I mean, google "define: unstuck" and look at the second bullet-point.

Quote: "unstuck:thrown into a state of disorganization or incoherence"

I think the Quest Cape is more impressive because as long as Jagex keeps coming out with more quests you have to keep working to keep it. And not to mention it requires some fairly high skills to begin with just to do all the quests to get it.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Ontopic:

99% of skillcapes people just got them for a fancy cape. Alot of the people with less respectable skillcapes such as cooking or theiving just got them because they wanted to fit in.....

Tell the 20 people with maxed Thieving and the ~7246 people with 99 that it's not worth anything. Yes, 7,246 people have the Thieving cape, which is less than the 24,382 people with the more "respectable and difficult" Woodcutting cape. True, skills like Farming, Slayer, or Agility have less 99'd people. Just throwing out numbers.

It's not that I don't think 99 theiving isn't an accomplishment...Personally, I have to (or should) give a certain respect to people with any 99s, because they have the patience to do something I can't. I may think that 99s are a waste of time....But I cannot honestly know if I would still think this had I the patience to get a 99.

However I still dislike most skillcapes on the general principle that people get it for the cape not the 99. I'd be willing to bet that at least half (a more conservative estimate then my 99%) of the people with 99 theiving didn't even want to get it; but got it because they wanted to fit in and not feel like a noob with no skillcape.

I guess it is because this is because I feel people should get skillcapes that they want, not skillcapes based on a desire to keep up with the Jones. Not just because they want to fit in and/or feel superior.

But alas, that is the way the human psyche works, be it on runescape or anywhere else. And I can't say I'm immune to that mentality...

To be honest I got around 48 Thieving so I could boost for Legends like a year ago. Then about 2 weeks ago I noticed I saw few people with a Thieving cape and noticed that a lot of people with a cape are around my level. I LIKE Thieving. You can choose to sit there and pickpocket a Farmer or KO Bandits all day, but I chose to do Sorceress' Garden (and have ~150 drinks waiting.) and Pyramid Plunder.

I actually agree with your understanding. I see somebody at the GE with the fletching cape and feel jealous because they had/have a lot of cash and could be a level 80. But I also like to do some skills, like trying to race the clock on an herb run or... yelling at NPC's that I pwn them while I steal frogs and worms. :D

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png

As a quest cape owner myself, and rarely using a quest guide (only when I do something and will not let me go to the next stage), I have to say that quest cape is the most impressive IF you get it using minimal guide usage. Then it can be compaired to skilling, as with skilling you have no assistance.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

I totally agree with you.

It depends on which skill you are choosing. Slayer takes a long time, and there is no way to speed it up, besides killing the monsters that give 5k slayer xp, and even then, they are few and only give it once, which still means it won't make slayer faster to train. Cooking and fletching are both cheap and easy to get (I don't like fletching, which is obvious from my level of 60. and my cooking is 70)

some skills are big fat money holes, like construction, although it does have many cool features, and extremely useful ones as well.

On the other hand, the quest cape is harder in a different way. It gets constant new updates, meaning that your quest cape will not be wearable forever once you get it, as a new quest will come out within the next month. Also, it requires you to train skills you would not have trained normally, and to some high levels (65 herblore and farming is decently high, considering that herblore is relatively slow and expensive, and farming is the same, except you can go do what you want while the plant grows)

Overall, I say the quest cape is harder to get, as some quests require decent levels in skills you may not train to those levels (65 herblore and farming for me)

and I htink the quest cape will be trimmable (is that a word lol) when the achievement diary cape is released, most likely once there are 8-10 diaries. we currently have Varrock, karmaja, falador, lumbridge, Fremmy, and this month Serrs village, which means 6 after seers comes out.

so as I said, I vote for quest, as it gets constant updates, and it requires training some lesser used or trained skills by quite a few people to be reasonably higher leveled. I will say that some skills (slayer and summoning) are probably as hard in some ways, but because of the constant updates of quests, the Quest cape will be harder and harder to obtain.

and sorry i got of track every now and then up above lol :lol:

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

couldnt have said it better myself :thumbsup:

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

For me it depends on the skill. I think skills that take a long time to get to 99 is pretty impressive (like slayer) but the quest cape has to keep being updated, you have to keep questing to keep it. So in that respect the quest cape is more impressive. I personally think that one day there'll be an Achievement Diary cape (hopefully sooner rather than later) that will trim the quest cape and vice versa.

That would be awesome!!!!

Even though I have a qp cape, I think skill capes are better. While qp capes are harder, skill capes have more diverse emotes. SO. :P

true, a better emote would have been much loved. hopefully the diary cape wont dissapoint

Dpattle.png[hide=]

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

Well i own a cooking, fletching, and quest cape (cant wear cuz non memb before In Pyre Need came out). The quest cape was harder to get of course out of those three. There are a lot of skills easier than quest cape and a lot of skills harder than quest cape. I'll admit that i have used guides for all my quests but that doesnt mean that makes the quest easy. You still have to do the stuff that the guide says to do. Like saying to kill a level 300+ monster is easier said than done. For the Knights Wave part after King's ransom, all they told me about was the weaknesses of the knights. I failed numerous times before i finally got that done. I've died many times but still kept trying and trying for all the quests. Using a quest guide does not make the quest cape unimpressive at all, as there are guides for easier skilling to 99 which would make those unimpressive as well right? People just look at your cape, they cant see what you did to get to that achievement. You could lie and tell them something which isnt even true and they would accept it and believe you and give you major props.

Ahem...well im rambling so let me wrap this up.

The quest cape is harder than cooking, fletching, firemaking, a few buyable skills. Its about even with combat capes i think but would rather want a quest cape than one of those. Its easier than summoning and slayer and farming. Im probably missing a few but quest capes are nothing to look down upon in any situation.

doomdfence.png

Honestly, i wouldn't want to be seen dead in a quest cape, attack cape, defence cape, strength cape, hp cape, prayer cape, ranged cape, magic cape, cooking cape, woodcutting cape, fletching cape, fishing cape, firemaking cape, crafting cape, smithing cape, mining cape, herblore cape, theiving cape, farming cape, hunter cape or consctruction cape.

The capes that actually show achievement to me are agility, slayer, runecrafting and summoning based on the amount of time it takes for agility and runecrafting, and the complexity and determination requred for summoning or slayer.

Agility is faster than fishing.

the quest cape cannot compare in level of achievement to any of the four capes, it's somewhere in the mix of all the others based on achievement (a lot of skills just require time, and some (hunter, cooking, fletching, firemaking) don't even require a lot of that.

All skills "just require time." Welcome to Runescape.

please show me where you can get in excess of 75k agility xp an hour, every hour. that's the kind of experience i get an hour at barbarian fishing. then please show me where you can afk that kind of agility, then on top of that, show me the dedication in the fact that from 90-99 agility you will hardly ever notice a difference within the game itself. those things cannot be said for fishing, woodcutting or any similar skills.

"just require time." show me your firecape, show me soloing godwars, show me pking, show me efficiency with training, show me dedication and follow-through in actually achieving high goals (that can't be done infront of the tv like fishing, woodcutting and cooking), show me 2000+ total level (doesn't get you a cape), show me skill in clan fights, show me stealing of training spots from other individuals by being faster.

I HATE quests, but i've done them all. I HATE some skills, and i'll never ever be a thrid of the way of getting any of those to 99, heck, getting 80 farming will be insanely boring in its own right, either way i don't want that cape.

And it's so easy to buy 99 prayer, smithing, herblore or construction. I mean you only have to make like 100 million gp for each of them, what a walk in the park.

At godwars i average 1m+ every single hour. that's less than 100 hours for 99 prayer. incidentally i got 3 sara hilt drops 3 manning in two days for that, when hilts were selling for 120m. Scratch the 100+ hours on that prayer on my behalf please.

woodcutting? mining? fishing? Yes your totally right, you can powerlevel those to 99 in two weeks each. There totally fast and you can always buy your way to 99 with those. hmm, wait a second. SARCASM.

l2-f ing-p buddy

I did those to 80+ while watching tv many years ago. there are no benefits above those levels for those skills, so i left them around that level. If they were worth anything other than the cape, i'd consider doing more of them in front of my tv-screen making the most of my time.

contrary to what others have said on this thread, i'd say the quest cape looses some of its value every month, as only a max of two are released every month, giving you 28 days or more to go about your other runescaping habits in maintaining a questcape, or 28 days to do another 28 quests. let's face it: there are only a VERY few hard quests that take more than two hours: mournings end Part 2 was hell without a guide, the quest points for the guthix sleeps quest was tough, I personally struggled making coal-tar because the aparatus was bugged when i did the quest (2k+ coal spent). Summer's end wasn't hard at all, as the NPC's told you exatly what you had to do (luring with a familar, lighting the pyres etc.), it just took about an hour of fiddling. There are no hard quests, and more and more people will get the cape. the achievement for the skills to get the cape combined are worth more to me than the cape for actually doing the quests.

I have NEVER gotten positive feedback on wearing a quest cape ( i sold mine incidentally, cause it was a complete waste). f2p players seem impressed by the prayer emote when i f2p pk sometimes, but spending 100m to be able to war most effectively doesn't really deserve a cape if you ask me.

I used to think rune-crafting was one of the elite capes, then the Great Orb project came out. Before it was endless grinding of low xp giving runes; even having law runners, it was still slow going. But with the newer mini-game, you could easily just do 50/50's for guaranteed tokens all day with friends. Those new tablets save countless hours of grinding...

I believe Farm and summoning are hands down the hardest capes to get... atleast quickly. You could use the highest xp giving trees, and it would still take you many months longer than most capes. The cost would be enormous... 100m easily. So I have to respect that cape... :)

Quest cape is a great cape... and in my opinion crushes any of the noob capes. Cook, fletch, Fm, and combat capes. (Att, str, def, mage, range, hp, pray- mostly because of pest control.)

Farm, Sum, Slay > Quest > Most other capes.

99 Fletch/Cook/Farm

{Started- 11/06}

Quest cape is better then most skill capes. Its better then all combat except mage

Mage ties if its not completely bought

Its also better then fetching cooking and fire making.

the other skill capes are better though.

wither_slick.gif

wither_slick.png

It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong. - Voltaire

Behind this mask there is more then flesh, there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof. - V

When the time comes, Don't hesitate, Just Act. - Wolf O Donnal - Star Fox Assault.

Why do people keep tryna "rate" or "order" different capes. Any achievement cape is awesome. PERIOD. why we all say "this capes better than that," or "wow thats a noob cape" is just plain stupid. we all have our different opinions, and yes we can freely pick and choose our capes, but who should care if they have a cook cape and aluva sudden you think its lame or stupid. People go through different things which makes them want to get different capes. I personally just wanted ANY cape. i woulda gone for cooking but because all my friends said "its so nooby" i decided fm(a bit better in their opinion) now i know not to worry about all that bs, if you have a cape(any kind, be happy that you made it, and say f everyone else ffs).

Thats all i have to say for now, because the way i see it, all these are just opinions, including mines. If you really wanna know which capes are better than which, then ask JAGEX and get them to TELL you.

If any of you care anymore, IMO, quest cape may not beat all capes, but its well on its way there. Maybe not so much for current qc owners, but in a few years,(or maybe even just 1) if you're not well into quests already, it'll be a pain to get. I suggest everyone do a good amount of quests now so as to relieve themselves in the future.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Quest cape is better then most skill capes. Its better then all combat except mage

Mage ties if its not completely bought

Its also better then fetching cooking and fire making.

the other skill capes are better though.

Okay... Your logic astounds me *bows*...

Mage cape is easily obtainable without having to spend a lot of cash and even making some back. Ever heard of Curse? Yes, that's cheap and gives good xp.

Range/HP cape is hard. #1 You can't power-train HP, #2 range costs a lot and isn't really used a lot, except for on some bosses and slayer creatures.

Prayer/Summon cape costs a lot. Plus you have to get those charms.

The Melee capes take A LOT of time. 13Mxp is 4,250,000 hits. That's a lot of things to kill.

Zunee27.png

Zunee27.png

Mage cape is easily obtainable without having to spend a lot of cash and even making some back. Ever heard of Curse? Yes, that's cheap and gives good xp.

I don't really say Quest Cape is better/more respected than any Skill Cape or vice versa, but I do find some flaws in your logic too which compelled me to make a post.

You mention Curse. Have you seen how boring it is? If you curse all the way to 99, then you have treated Magic like you would have treated Agility, probably even worse. Which is why each skill demands respect (or most). This is what we come down to anyway - Most of the skills (Slayer being an exception, though slightly) have 3 ways of training them -

a) You spend a lot of money, make tons of loss but get the fastest xp/rates.

B) You take a slow and moderate way, make no loss/small profit and get decent xp.

c) You compile a way to make money with the skill along with option a). [Example]

For Magic, option a) has much higher gp/xp ratio than most skills. #1 reason why its respected.

Option B) has extremely slow ways to train it. And lets not forget mindnumblessly, finger-painingly boring. #2 reason why its respected.

Option c) has very few areas where you actually make money with magic. #3 reason why its respected.

Range/HP cape is hard. #1 You can't power-train HP, #2 range costs a lot and isn't really used a lot, except for on some bosses and slayer creatures.

I noticed you used the word "except". Couldn't it be said that Slayer is useless except for a few monsters? Or Runecrafting is useless except for a few runes? Range is vital, extremely. Without range you cannot kill or are restricted to very poor methods for making money Kree'arra, Zilyana (melee works good here, faster kills but smaller trips), Tormented Demons, Aviansies, 1 of the kings in DKS and not to mention Range is extremely powerful in PvP.

These are the only things people do these days.

The Melee capes take A LOT of time. 13Mxp is 4,250,000 hits. That's a lot of things to kill.

Wouldn't say a lot of time, but they aren't that easy too.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I really think someone needs to do the actual math andsee if all the xp needed for quests (plus 5mil or so becuase of doing the actual quests) is greater then the about 13mil for 99 in a skill. But in my mind I think that the quest cape is extremely better than a skillcape-no questions asked. It shows that you can do more than just sit there and click on the same thing over and over again-which is basically all getting 99 in a skill is.

I don't really say Quest Cape is better/more respected than any Skill Cape or vice versa, but I do find some flaws in your logic too which compelled me to make a post.

You mention Curse. Have you seen how boring it is? If you curse all the way to 99, then you have treated Magic like you would have treated Agility, probably even worse. Which is why each skill demands respect (or most). This is what we come down to anyway - Most of the skills (Slayer being an exception, though slightly) have 3 ways of training them -

B) You take a slow and moderate way, make no loss/small profit and get decent xp.

c) You compile a way to make money with the skill along with option a). [Example]

For Magic, option a) has much higher gp/xp ratio than most skills. #1 reason why its respected.

Option B) has extremely slow ways to train it. And lets not forget mindnumblessly, finger-painingly boring. #2 reason why its respected.

Option c) has very few areas where you actually make money with magic. #3 reason why its respected.

I noticed you used the word "except". Couldn't it be said that Slayer is useless except for a few monsters? Or Runecrafting is useless except for a few runes? Range is vital, extremely. Without range you cannot kill or are restricted to very poor methods for making money Kree'arra, Zilyana (melee works good here, faster kills but smaller trips), Tormented Demons, Aviansies, 1 of the kings in DKS and not to mention Range is extremely powerful in PvP.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Tell the truth, with RS nowadays, whats not hard? yes some are easier than others but they're still "hard" and time consuming. The only difference is that the quest cape continually gets harder to get unless of course you already have it, in which case it is usually not too hard, until a quest comes out with reqs you don't have. but if you were a skiller and a quester, that shouldn't be a problem. i say try to get everything to 75...quests won't bypass that for a while still i hope...don't want it to be too hard when i go for mines. lolz

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Tell the truth, with RS nowadays, whats not hard? yes some are easier than others but they're still "hard" and time consuming. The only difference is that the quest cape continually gets harder to get unless of course you already have it, in which case it is usually not too hard, until a quest comes out with reqs you don't have. but if you were a skiller and a quester, that shouldn't be a problem. i say try to get everything to 75...quests won't bypass that for a while still i hope...don't want it to be too hard when i go for mines. lolz

Apologies for quoting you in this as well dpattle but 2 things that are contained within this massive quote that I disagree with:

1) Am i the only one to notice the number of noobs walking around with combat capes who got them through pcing? Every single melee skill can be pced and therefore is not hard at all. The xp rate at pest control is obscene so no, if you choose to pc, melee capes are not anything special. HP included.

2) dpattle this one's for you. Actually it might be better to ask what IS hard? All 99s may be time-consuming, as I suppose is the quest cape, but none of the skills are actually challenging so long as you have at least one finger and a mouse!

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Apologies for quoting you in this as well dpattle but 2 things that are contained within this massive quote that I disagree with:

1) Am i the only one to notice the number of noobs walking around with combat capes who got them through pcing? Every single melee skill can be pced and therefore is not hard at all. The xp rate at pest control is obscene so no, if you choose to pc, melee capes are not anything special. HP included.

2) dpattle this one's for you. Actually it might be better to ask what IS hard? All 99s may be time-consuming, as I suppose is the quest cape, but none of the skills are actually challenging so long as you have at least one finger and a mouse!

Lolz true i guess... :lol:

And pc has made everything easier...i was thinking about pc'ing to 99 pray...or @least like 80 wen i get bored. lolz. \'

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

Quests are not training or cakewalks. Anyone who thinks they are is wrong. Training a skill is just having patience to watch the same animation thousands of times. A quest actually requires a degree of mental capacity. A good hard quest is not "i'll watch several thousand cuts of a hatchet/ pick/ harpoon etc.," its "okay, i just spent 2 hours trying to guess who to talk to next for this balad (god i hated that)." For the most part, quests are much more fulfilling without guides. Lets also not forget that quests depend on levels, so some interference is necessary. Bottom line: they are separate acheivements, and uncompareable.

Honestly, i wouldn't want to be seen dead in a quest cape, attack cape, defence cape, strength cape, hp cape, prayer cape, ranged cape, magic cape, cooking cape, woodcutting cape, fletching cape, fishing cape, firemaking cape, crafting cape, smithing cape, mining cape, herblore cape, theiving cape, farming cape, hunter cape or consctruction cape.

The capes that actually show achievement to me are agility, slayer, runecrafting and summoning based on the amount of time it takes for agility and runecrafting, and the complexity and determination requred for summoning or slayer.

Agility is faster than fishing.

the quest cape cannot compare in level of achievement to any of the four capes, it's somewhere in the mix of all the others based on achievement (a lot of skills just require time, and some (hunter, cooking, fletching, firemaking) don't even require a lot of that.

All skills "just require time." Welcome to Runescape.

please show me where you can get in excess of 75k agility xp an hour, every hour. that's the kind of experience i get an hour at barbarian fishing. then please show me where you can afk that kind of agility, then on top of that, show me the dedication in the fact that from 90-99 agility you will hardly ever notice a difference within the game itself. those things cannot be said for fishing, woodcutting or any similar skills.

Heavy rod fishing was never more than 60k exp/hr unless you powerdropped. Dorgesh-kaan is 60k exp/hr in agility. It doesn't matter how useful they are because you said it was based on time.

"just require time." show me your firecape, show me soloing godwars, show me pking, show me efficiency with training, show me dedication and follow-through in actually achieving high goals (that can't be done infront of the tv like fishing, woodcutting and cooking), show me 2000+ total level (doesn't get you a cape), show me skill in clan fights, show me stealing of training spots from other individuals by being faster.

I said all skills just require time. They do. You just listed a bunch of things that aren't skills, which doesn't contradict me at all. Well, except 200+ total, which does indeed require only time.

And it's so easy to buy 99 prayer, smithing, herblore or construction. I mean you only have to make like 100 million gp for each of them, what a walk in the park.

At godwars i average 1m+ every single hour. that's less than 100 hours for 99 prayer. incidentally i got 3 sara hilt drops 3 manning in two days for that, when hilts were selling for 120m. Scratch the 100+ hours on that prayer on my behalf please.

You implied previously that God Wars bosses require skill. If that's how you're funding your prayer/smithing/herblore/construction/etc, then by association would those not take skill as well? Anyway, the average member makes more like 200-300k gp/hr. In the time it would take me to get enough money and get 99 construction, I could have gotten 99 agility twice over.

woodcutting? mining? fishing? Yes your totally right, you can powerlevel those to 99 in two weeks each. There totally fast and you can always buy your way to 99 with those. hmm, wait a second. SARCASM.

l2-f ing-p buddy

I did those to 80+ while watching tv many years ago. there are no benefits above those levels for those skills, so i left them around that level. If they were worth anything other than the cape, i'd consider doing more of them in front of my tv-screen making the most of my time.

That's wonderful for you, but it has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

contrary to what others have said on this thread, i'd say the quest cape looses some of its value every month, as only a max of two are released every month, giving you 28 days or more to go about your other runescaping habits in maintaining a questcape, or 28 days to do another 28 quests.

So because new quests are being released every month, a quest cape is easier to maintain than a skillcape, since the player has 28 days between quests? Zero skill levels above 99 are released each year, so that gives you hundreds of days to level up. :roll:

let's face it: there are only a VERY few hard quests that take more than two hours: mournings end Part 2 was hell without a guide, the quest points for the guthix sleeps quest was tough, I personally struggled making coal-tar because the aparatus was bugged when i did the quest (2k+ coal spent). Summer's end wasn't hard at all, as the NPC's told you exatly what you had to do (luring with a familar, lighting the pyres etc.), it just took about an hour of fiddling. There are no hard quests, and more and more people will get the cape. the achievement for the skills to get the cape combined are worth more to me than the cape for actually doing the quests.

True, only a few quests are hard...but then again no skills are hard. They can all be maxed out with simple grinding, with the exceptions of farming and summoning and slayer, which require complex grinding.

I have NEVER gotten positive feedback on wearing a quest cape ( i sold mine incidentally, cause it was a complete waste). f2p players seem impressed by the prayer emote when i f2p pk sometimes, but spending 100m to be able to war most effectively doesn't really deserve a cape if you ask me.

And? So what...

Easy, quest skill cape, because it USUALLY means you havent bored yourself to death for a cape, everyone who has bored themselves half to death for a stupid cape with a fancy emote and then walk around saying that hey are great because of it should STFU and GTFO

TSAsm.gif

jacob_2230.png