Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3

Lets_3ekout

Because this was made in VB, I'm sorry to say it probably will not work on any OS except windows. I've heard of emulators that can run windows apps but I don't know much more about them :-# .

v3.0 changes:

For convenience, the window no longer jumps around your screen when you select a new set of timers to view.

Minor bug fixed which would crash the app if you selected "Allotments" timer menu from the "Allotments2" timer menu.

V2.0 changes:

Changed domain up-downs to combo boxes for much easier selection of which plant you are planting.

Fifth tree timer pre-set times were acting up when you selected something other than magic trees, back to normal now.

Label added to top left corner of each form to tell you which form you are currently viewing since the form selection combo boxed wasn't being 100% reliable for this use.

Custom icon added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application was made in Visual Basic 2008 and is a click-once application. I had ~6 months of experience programming in Visual Basic when making this app so I wasn't perfect (not to say I am now :grin: ). Thus, if I ever make future updates to the program chances are you'll have to look back here and re-download a complete new version. Luckily, it's a mere ~263kb so the bandwidth aspect of the problem isn't bad.

http://rapidshare.com/files/176533365/Fimer_V3.zip

Or you can also download it from the following link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMMWYN03

Warning: To allow you to run this program in the background I made the program open a message box whenever a patch finishes counting down. If you are boss hunting this could prove to get you killed if it happens at the worst possible time. Use this while boss hunting at your own risk.

If you find any problems I'd appreciate it if you could post back here and tell me about it. I debugged the program more times then I care to remember so I think it should be pretty much bug free. It isn't idiot free though, so please don't enter letters into the custom timers or the program will crash :lol:

Here is a screenie of the program in action, the top 2 timers are active and the bottom 3 are ready to be started. The combo box near each time loads the preset time for each tree so you don't have to look it up.

fimercz2.png

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Looks good! Gonna download it now...

Should help me on my way to 60 farming.

EDIT: I'm having troube extracting it through winrar, you got any tips?

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Looks good! Gonna download it now...

Should help me on my way to 60 farming.

EDIT: I'm having troube extracting it through winrar, you got any tips?

That's strange, I used winrar to zip it :? I'm trying to think of why it's causing trouble for you, what exactly is the problem?

Edit: I tried unzipping mine with winrar, all I did was right click the .rar and select "Extract Here" and it worked fine.

Edit2: Looking back, I see I named the .rar "FimerV1.0.rar" which was pretty stupid of me. I'm not saying this is surely the problem, but it could have happened that your computer saw the first dot and thought of it as a .0.rar file (obviously being non existent), or something of the like. I took out the dot in the second link.

slayermask3.png

This looks like it is very useful.

But you should get a mod to OK it ASAP. They have to make sure its clean.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

We are talking about a retired TIF mod... >.>

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I don't care if its a current TiF mod.

Its good to have a few people scan it. Never too safe

Owned_Nex.png

I don't care if its a current TiF mod.

Its good to have a few people scan it. Never too safe

It is safe, but I have to agree with pantim, you should scan everything you download before you open it. I've almost opened viruses from sites that anyone would deem trustworthy.

slayermask3.png

Just Dl'd. Pretty useful, although I do like 1 run every week lol.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but you never know when something might happen.

Owned_Nex.png

I wondered if you could also post the project file, I'm a VB programmer aswell and I'd quite like to take a look at the code if that's possible.

There's nothing terribly fancy in there, just terribly time consuming :lol: . I'll upload the file for you though:

http://rapidshare.com/files/176076706/FimerCode.zip

There are a fair few publish directories, as I was testing out some things ;) Note to anyone else: Don't bother DLing this unless you have VB and want to see the code for whatever reason.

Just Dl'd. Pretty useful, although I do like 1 run every week lol.

Yeah me too, I chose to make a farming timer so I could finally get myself to do *some* farming :lol:

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but you never know when something might happen.

Not at all, I scan everything I download yet I still end up with these damn viruses, I'm about to re-image my computer because a sasser worm virus got through into my computer - slowly screwing over my computer, I can't even manage to get rid of it with any of the different 6+ scans I've made (hell, not one of them even found a trace of a virus). Oh well, 2 lessons learned: Use more then one scan and never rely on AVG :|

slayermask3.png

Not at all, I scan everything I download yet I still end up with these damn viruses, I'm about to re-image my computer because a sasser worm virus got through into my computer - slowly screwing over my computer, I can't even manage to get rid of it with any of the different 6+ scans I've made (hell, not one of them even found a trace of a virus). Oh well, 2 lessons learned: Use more then one scan and never rely on AVG

absolutely, i use pc doctor, its pretty good. got it for free too =]

also just dled it. not sure if i can get it to work. its being weird

wdwadmin.gif

Does this happen to you: Or it is just me because it jumps around the screen when you change it from Ex. Herbs to Trees and it is VERY annoying...why does this happen :?:

I was aware of it, never got around to fixing it. Uploading a new version now which saves your previous form location so it doesn't hop around :) Also made a small bug fix which would cause a crash when going from Allotments2 --> Allotments.

slayermask3.png

Great job now I don't have to write down the time I planted my herbs and what not :D :D

Maybe now I will go for 70 farming finally.

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

• 2 weeks later...
Not at all, I scan everything I download yet I still end up with these damn viruses, I'm about to re-image my computer because a sasser worm virus got through into my computer - slowly screwing over my computer, I can't even manage to get rid of it with any of the different 6+ scans I've made (hell, not one of them even found a trace of a virus). Oh well, 2 lessons learned: Use more then one scan and never rely on AVG :|
Perhaps the error is yours... Sasser was released in 2004 and can be stoppped simply by installing a firewall and updating windows. Your version of windows must be INCREDIBLY out of date for you to be infected by Sasser, it was patched in April 2004!!!.

1. Use Windows update to install any critical patches and/or service packs

2. Install a firewall

3. Download latest virus defenitions (yours must be very out of date)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You know what, I wouldn't be surprised if the error was mine. The problem is long dealt with, I re-imaged and everything is running perfectly now. I had windows updated, until a point that my computer was stopping me from downloading new updates, I can say for sure that this was far after April 2004. I also use Kerio.

Virus or not, my computer was begging for a re-image (Hardrive had about 300gb full, yet I only used about 2gb worth of apps :lol: )

slayermask3.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is there anyway you can make it for mac?!?!?

Sorry, VB isn't able to do that and I don't know how to use any other languages that allow for multiple OS's. :(

slayermask3.png

is there anyway you can make it for mac?!?!?

Sorry, VB isn't able to do that and I don't know how to use any other languages that allow for multiple OS's. :(

Tip.It's calculators work on mac, aren't they based on python?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Possibly, I still can't code in it though lol. My VCE revolves around dreamweaver, VB and netbeans (java) so I'm reluctant to stray away from these :P

slayermask3.png