Do you like to read?

Joes_So_Cool

I read from time to time... i usually read any book i find in my house lol... if it looks weird i might just read it for fun :P but i dunno what books to reccomend :?

"It's better to let people assume that you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it beyond all doubt"

~Mark Twain

Purex213.png

Click to view my blogeh and leave a message over there while your at it :twss:

Help me find a good world to sell things on runescape! :twss:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend 1984 too. That guy was a genius.

That book was a mind-trip. The story was easy to understand, but it was so twisted and [bleep]ed up. After I got to the part about the prostitute, the rat cage, and the spine snapping in half, I wanted to vomit everywhere. The ending was so brutal.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• 1 month later...

I picked up an anthology of H.P. Lovecraft works. Good stuff. Herbert West- Reanimator is probably my favorite so far. I'm greatly anticipating The Call of Cthulu, that'll be fun.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Terry Pratchett FTW

Discworld is Good

All books are good, I'm reading a tale of two cities again.

I read BBC online a ton.

I read a lot.

And I read forums ;)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I love reading.

I recommend Catch-22 it's an amazing book for the slightly older scene, it has been called one of the best litereary achievements of the 20th century.

Catch-22 is only for the 16+ crowd, if you are younger then that you won't have a clue, if you are only moderately intelligent wait until your 18.

I re-read that a few weeks ago, and it's probably the funniest book I've ever read. It's not often that books are laugh out loud funny but still cutting and relevent satire. Silly Orr with his apples in his cheeks and chesnuts in his hands.

I found catch 22 the most god awful boringest book I've ever read..I just couldn't get into the book. Perhaps the manner of writing is just too far removed from what I'm used to reading. I haven't read many classics, I find them difficult to grasp. Though I am a huge fan of William Shakesphere (Absolutely got drunk as a kid reading over romeo and juliet).

Otherwise... I've read a lot. When I was 12 I won a competition for reading and writing about (to prove I read) the most novels in a month (94). I've been able to speed read since I learned to read.

I recommend authors more than I recommend books. In particular a really good author is John Grisham; anything by him is genius. Especially recommend The King of Torts.

I once read through the series of The Wheel of Time but couldn't afford to get any of the new books and I could never find the right editions. I'm re-reading the series starting from book one and it has me on the first chapter.

*Looks at bookshelf*

NOT ENOUGH READING MATERIAL!!! RAWR! :lol:

But Aye; I read a good wee bit like, I'd read almost anything, but I read mainly Horror, fantasy and Sci-fi books :ugeek:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Read How to Kill a Mockingbird for school. The beginning is pretty boring, but it gets a lot better near the end.

I dont like reading as much now as I did when I was younger.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Read How to Kill a Mockingbird for school. The beginning is pretty boring, but it gets a lot better near the end.

I dont like reading as much now as I did when I was younger.

Its a really good book, only thing is doing it for school hurts it a little bit. For something with great depth such as Hamlet analysis at school works since you get a greater understanding. For something more straightforward like To Kill a Mockingbird having to do work is kind of a drag, after all while the theme is extremely relevant its not that hard to understand.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.