The Berserker Necklace : A Forgotten Artifact

Benjamin6264

ok i'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing with you, you're changing from whip with fury to slave ammy to glory, you're not backing up your points all your saying is whips better whips better whips better your not factoring in anything such as quest requirements how much it cost and stats requirements. so do not expect a reply from your next post

]ac_s_dc.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing with you, you're changing from whip with fury to slave ammy to glory, you're not backing up your points all your saying is whips better whips better whips better your not factoring in anything such as quest requirements how much it cost and stats requirements. so do not expect a reply from your next post

...? What?

I'm saying the Whip is better in EVERY ASPECT EVEN WITHOUT A FURY/SALVE and just a mere glory than an Obsidian weapon. The price is the same and there are no quest requirements.

The proof is xp rates. You don't have to bother responding, because all your points are biased.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

obviously you haven't checked the price of them obsidian sword is abotu 130k the amulet is 230k that's 360k~ whips about 1mil more

in every aspect you say? strength training....

requirements...10 level difference

]ac_s_dc.png

obviously you haven't checked the price of them obsidian sword is abotu 130k the amulet is 230k that's 360k~ whips about 1mil more

in every aspect you say? strength training....

requirements...10 level difference

Whip is CHEAP. Obby is cheapER, but that doesn't take away from the cheap price of the whip. Cost is hardly a con to the whip these days. If you are really that poor you can go with obby, but you'd be doing yourself a huge favour by going down to aviansies (or any other profitable spot) for ~2hrs and upgrade to a whip.

If you train on controlled with whip (I could never put myself to it so I just got a SS instead, kudos to those that can bear the large gap between 3 instant melee levels) then whip beats obby in every way, aside from the 1m- you save from getting obby, which will be one of the best investments you could ever make in RuneScape.

If you have 99 attack and/or defence or are a pure, meaning training on controlled wouldn't be worth while, obby is a great choice. SS still beats obby, however the alternative to obby is now expensive. So, for the average player, obby is a great choice if ALL you want is strength xp.

As far as requirements go, the difference between 60-70 attack is nothing. Sure, use obby until 70 attack but it will be short lived because as soon as you hit 70 you get a whole new array of better choices.

Honestly, this is just going in circles. If you would just TRY A WHIP the arguement would be solved. You don't need a salve, you don't need a fury. As kent said, whip is still extremely good with glory. No quest requirements, small cost, higher xp rate.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

obby weaposns still train attack and it was even said before by muggisomeone and they said obby weapons used to be the best experince before salve amulet (e) came out

I said it was the best STR XP - as in, comparing only to the dragon scimitar

Training str w/ obby weapons is slightly less than training att/def with the whip - they both have the same max hits but the whip of course is more accurate

77yLQy8.png

ok so we can agree whip is better for attack and defence AT level 70+ attack, for the cost of about 1m extra But, it is the best strength training after 60 attack with no other requirements for 360k- SS maybe better but you need to complete salve e quest and have a good 7m+

]ac_s_dc.png

ok so we can agree whip is better for attack and defence AT level 70+ attack, for the cost of about 1m extra But, it is the best strength training after 60 attack with no other requirements for 360k- SS maybe better but you need to complete salve e quest and have a good 7m+

I'd still say controlled is the best.

inuyashakent-2.png

I think that even a glory or even power amulet with a dragon scimitar and rune defender would be better or equal to than any of the obsidian combos, and it'd be cheaper too. You still get a monstrous 92 slash attack, roughly 30-40 more than the split sword or knife, and your strength bonus is still considerably higher.

The main flaw in the logic is with the whole "people use fighter torsos and those have weak stab defence, therefore, use the split". It only becomes advantageous when the difference in stab defence and stab attack is greater than the difference in slash defence and slash attack.

The fighter torso has a slash defence of 85 and a stab defence of 62.

The rune def, d scim, power ammy combo gives a slash attack of 92, giving you a +7 advantage.

The split sword, obby necklace, rune def combo gives a stab attack of 57 as shown in your guide. Comparing it against a fighter torso's stab defence, you have a deficit of 5.

Perhaps you'll argue that by the same logic, the mace combo should then be better. The torso has a crush def of 62, the mace combo a crush attack of 70 (giving you a minuscule +1 advantage compared to the d scim combo's advantage). However, at what cost?

The estimates given in the guide put the mace combo at about 310K. The d scim combo is 100-108k for the scim itself and about 3-5 k for the power ammy. That's a max of about 113k, less than half than the mace combo. If you switch out the power for a glory, it's something around 155k, still only half of the mace combo, but now it has a +3 advantage over the mace combo.

However, it not only about monetary costs. While a quick check on the Tip it max hit calc will show that the d scim combo gives a max hit of 25 at 99 strength and the mace combo a max hit of 29, the slower speed will decrease the overall effectiveness. Couple that with lowered def bonuses and the mace combo becomes more and more unsavoury.

I'm not saying that it's a terrible choice. The mace is probably most useful for training for special occasions where crush is needed, like raising the White Knight rank by killing armored black knights or killing waterfiends on the cheap. But overall, d scim combo is much more flexible.

I think that even a glory or even power amulet with a dragon scimitar and rune defender would be better or equal to than any of the obsidian combos, and it'd be cheaper too. You still get a monstrous 92 slash attack, roughly 30-40 more than the split sword or knife, and your strength bonus is still considerably higher.

The main flaw in the logic is with the whole "people use fighter torsos and those have weak stab defence, therefore, use the split". It only becomes advantageous when the difference in stab defence and stab attack is greater than the difference in slash defence and slash attack.

The fighter torso has a slash defence of 85 and a stab defence of 62.

The rune def, d scim, power ammy combo gives a slash attack of 92, giving you a +7 advantage.

The split sword, obby necklace, rune def combo gives a stab attack of 57 as shown in your guide. Comparing it against a fighter torso's stab defence, you have a deficit of 5.

Perhaps you'll argue that by the same logic, the mace combo should then be better. The torso has a crush def of 62, the mace combo a crush attack of 70 (giving you a minuscule +1 advantage compared to the d scim combo's advantage). However, at what cost?

The estimates given in the guide put the mace combo at about 310K. The d scim combo is 100-108k for the scim itself and about 3-5 k for the power ammy. That's a max of about 113k, less than half than the mace combo. If you switch out the power for a glory, it's something around 155k, still only half of the mace combo, but now it has a +3 advantage over the mace combo.

However, it not only about monetary costs. While a quick check on the Tip it max hit calc will show that the d scim combo gives a max hit of 25 at 99 strength and the mace combo a max hit of 29, the slower speed will decrease the overall effectiveness. Couple that with lowered def bonuses and the mace combo becomes more and more unsavoury.

I'm not saying that it's a terrible choice. The mace is probably most useful for training for special occasions where crush is needed, like raising the White Knight rank by killing armored black knights or killing waterfiends on the cheap. But overall, d scim combo is much more flexible.

just rememeber you must do monkey madness and all the preceding quest to wield scimitar

]ac_s_dc.png

Unless you permanently pray. The -20 def bonus really counts. -20 Magic Bonus really is bad when fighting something that attacks with magic. This in PvP is like running with a leg or being a blind ranger lol.

Dragon Scimitar + Glory Amulet > Anything + Obsidian Necklace

um...you haven't seen my kills then

]ac_s_dc.png

Let's not argue more...It is true that some weapons can overcome obsidian ones in some domains, but obsidian weapons along with berserker necklace still are useful for plenty of situations (Strength pures, slaying, strength training without possibility/desire to buy ss, etc.) and for all people that don't have the required quests finished or anything like that.

With my 82 Attack, I've never found Obsidian weapons good for my usage. But they do have their uses, and should NOT be tossed in a corner.

Can you do some research with Void Melee and obsidian weapons? The calculator says void actually reduces your damage output. Might be worth looking into.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The great thing is that Black Mask, Void, and the Necklace STACK :thumbsup:

They destroy at waterfiends btw.

Nice guide, I had a lot of info comparing the Zerker combo to conventional training (like whip) on my GD thread, if you wanna check it out. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=750480&hilit=zerker

Nice guide, I had a lot of info comparing the Zerker combo to conventional training (like whip) on my GD thread, if you wanna check it out. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=750480&hilit=zerker

Void helm + Black mask can't work.

inuyashakent-2.png

Void helm + Black mask can't work.

I know, but either one can be used.

This is no guide, you are not explaining any tactics or any details about the berseker necklace. You just display some stats. You say that all obsidian weapons require 60 attack, but the obsidian maul requires 60 strength and no attack. I am sorry to say it, but this is quite useless.[/]

You, my friend, are an idiot.

This guide is great fills in the blanks for anyone wary of using this weapon combo and I will probably use it whenever I get 90 strength

Drizzy_Jade.png