The Berserker Necklace : A Forgotten Artifact

Benjamin6264

There was a post about this a while back in the General Discussion forum. I will admit that it can be a good training weapon, but you are overstating how good. I only performed the one test, on a secluded monster with low defence, and the Dragon Scimitar had more experience per hour than the Toktz-Xil-Ak (Split Sword). In these test with each weapon set I had the following:

Dragon Scimitar:

Strength Bonus: +112

Slash Attack Bonus: +109

Crush Defence Bonus: +283

TokTz-Xil-Ak:

Strength Bonus: +94

Stab Attack Bonus: +70

Crush Defence Bonus: +248

Lower Strength Bonus with the Obsidian weapon, but the Necklace does make it able to hit higher. However in practice I only ever hit higher than the Scimitar twice. With the Dragon Scimitar I got 75,324 experience per hour and with the TokTz-Xil-Ak I got 74,160. The difference is small in the short term. In the long term, the decreased defence bonuses will result in an increased loss in damage, food, and hence money. The lower prayer bonus will consume more Prayer per hour and result in a higher cost also. So it is costing you extra in supplies for less experience per hour in this case.

Finally one last thing. It is a fallacy to say what each method costs. If you buy the item, after you are done using it, it can be sold again. It is effectively a neutral cost. You could argue the price will drop, it could also be argued that it could go up and you will make money.

ydrasil.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Great Guide Benjamin6264.

I personally like the obby split sword

while doing slayer, and i also like how

you give your thoughts about the weapons =D>

Oh And your gwd guide is One of the finest Ones :)

I remember seing you the other day at gwd, That possible.

But anyways, Great guide

Knightkev123.png

knightkev123.png

knightkev123.png

knightkev123.png

Pretty nice overview.

But

-Same speed as Whip, Ss or D Scimitar and Faster than Godsword

Kinda repetitive.

-Hits more than Dragon Scimitar or Saradomin Sword, and as much as Whip.

SS has the same Str bonus as Whip.

-MUCH cheaper than any weapon + Fury Amulet

-Lets you attack with Stab and Agressive Mode.

-Is 1-handed, so you can put on a shield for extra bonuses and/or dragonfire protection

-Useful for those who haven't completed Monkey Madness.

-A better weapon for Strength Training than D scimitar or Saradomin Sword.

Probably better then D Scim, but I'm not convinced it is better than SS.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Pretty nice overview.

But

-Same speed as Whip, Ss or D Scimitar and Faster than Godsword

Kinda repetitive.

-Hits more than Dragon Scimitar or Saradomin Sword, and as much as Whip.

SS has the same Str bonus as Whip.

-MUCH cheaper than any weapon + Fury Amulet

-Lets you attack with Stab and Agressive Mode.

-Is 1-handed, so you can put on a shield for extra bonuses and/or dragonfire protection

-Useful for those who haven't completed Monkey Madness.

-A better weapon for Strength Training than D scimitar or Saradomin Sword.

Probably better then D Scim, but I'm not convinced it is better than SS.

if you use whipe you can wield a shield e.g dfs it has A+7 str so whip and dfs has what 89+? compares to ss which is 82

]ac_s_dc.png

It's forgotten because it was the best melee XP in the game until the Salve became the Salve (e)

Salve (e) is the best training now

yes you are right it is the best for training but, you must complete 2? quests and all the preceding quests to them 2 and you cannot use in pvp

]ac_s_dc.png

So...what would you say to be the best weapon? ags/whip/scim/ss/one of the obby weapons (and what one?)

it isn't as simple as asking which is best you must consider all the different requirements and situation, bonuses, negatives styles, slash stab crush and what they train, for example let say i was fighting a dragon

ags- 60m~ fury 2.5m~ req. 75 attack is 2h

obby sword 130k~ serk necklace 250k~ requirement 60 attack 1 h

i only have 70 attack, therefor i cannot wield gs and i don't train attack or defence so i don't use whip, then you might say why not scimitar, that requires a quest obby wepaons don't and dragons are weak to stab and scimitar uses slash, same goes for d long dds-uses stab but requires quest- d mace d b axe all the 1h dragon weapons, they all need quests so what can i use a rune short sword?

this is just an example

]ac_s_dc.png

would any of theese weapons be better at green dragons then a Dragon scimitar? :?:

i'm pretty sure dragons have weak to crush and stab but strong to slash so my guess is the obby sword and mace are better.

]ac_s_dc.png

(What's with people thinking CC = Bashing now adays... remember, no good guide exists without CC.)

Your guide seems... biased. Your ratings are not neccessary to be honest, all it does is makes your guide be more prone to be biased. Obsidian weapons may be underrated, but they are definetely worse than Whips and SS's. You are also forgetting the most important part, which is a closing. Are Obsidians weapons actually worth using? (The answer is sadly, no. The Whip is far superior...) It is superior to the Dragon scimitar, but that's about all. I'm sorry, this really does sound like flame. :ohnoes:

This is a good attempt at a guide, but the content falls short. Try adding more to it, such as Obsidian pures.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

(What's with people thinking CC = Bashing now adays... remember, no good guide exists without CC.)

Your guide seems... biased. Your ratings are not neccessary to be honest, all it does is makes your guide be more prone to be biased. Obsidian weapons may be underrated, but they are definetely worse than Whips and SS's. You are also forgetting the most important part, which is a closing. Are Obsidians weapons actually worth using? (The answer is sadly, no. The Whip is far superior...) It is superior to the Dragon scimitar, but that's about all. I'm sorry, this really does sound like flame. :ohnoes:

This is a good attempt at a guide, but the content falls short. Try adding more to it, such as Obsidian pures.

back up your point, how is whip better than obsidian? whip does not train strength, i don't train attack anymore so to me whip is useless.

and SS is 2h obsidian weapons, not the maul. are 1h so you can wield anti drag or dfs, bug lantern for slayer

]ac_s_dc.png

back up your point, how is whip better than obsidian? whip does not train strength, i don't train attack anymore so to me whip is useless.

and SS is 2h obsidian weapons, not the maul. are 1h so you can wield anti drag or dfs, bug lantern for slayer

Arguing that obby weapons beat whip is just silly now. You want proof? go buy a whip and use it, there's your proof. Just because YOU don't train attack anymore doesn't mean that others don't. Whip has always been the best at what it does and it's likely that it always will be. SS has better xp rates than obby weapons, though it is true you can't use it effectively at dragons. Soloution? Buy SS for over 99% of monsters that you find in rs and for dragons get a whip, obby sword (for low lvl dragons), leaf bladed sword (for high level dragons).

I'm a fan of obby weapons, but going from underrated to overrated isn't helpful.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

that still deosnt back up your point,

look at the requirements 10 attack levels difference

the price about 1m difference

The difference in price is irrelevant. Ok, so it's decent for people with 60 Attack. Is that what you're basing your argument off of?

And as Philip said, my argument is hard proof. Xp rates is pretty much written in stone.

inuyashakent-2.png

obby weaposns still train attack and it was even said before by muggisomeone and they said obby weapons used to be the best experince before salve amulet (e) came out

Well... when you say the best xp, do you mean for Str? This is only partly true...

A) Whip on controlled > all

B) Now with SS (update after Salve, so muggi's right) obby weapons have no use.

C) All good training spots now REQUIRE Salve amulet. Zombie monkies, Armoured zombies, and Ghost warriors (or whatever they're called)

inuyashakent-2.png

yes i will agree ss is probably the best training weapon, i trained using bandos top bottom fury ss zerk helm zerk ring d boots, this was at dags but, for the price of an ss 6-7m + fury 2.5m in comparison to obby sword 130k + zerk necklace 230k it is a big difference for your average player or even if you use the salve amulet e you must complet several quests where as the zerk necklace requires none

]ac_s_dc.png

yes i will agree ss is probably the best training weapon, i trained using bandos top bottom fury ss zerk helm zerk ring d boots, this was at dags but, for the price of an ss 6-7m + fury 2.5m in comparison to obby sword 130k + zerk necklace 230k it is a big difference for your average player or even if you use the salve amulet e you must complet several quests where as the zerk necklace requires none

Then - use - the - whip.

If you're using a Salve ammy, you don't need a Fury. If you don't have a Salve ammy, you're not powertraining.

Also, glory + whip > Obby

inuyashakent-2.png

Then - use - the - whip.

If you're using a Salve ammy, you don't need a Fury. If you don't have a Salve ammy, you're not powertraining.

Also, glory + whip > Obby

ok um i don't understand what you're saying about the whip and glory> obby and yes i know you do not need fury if you have salve ammu but you have to complet several quests

]ac_s_dc.png