Another Tip.It Times for you!

Turtlefemm

just seems like a review of the year by an individual, nothing really worth making an editorial about. it's the year in review by the Tal Shiar Alliance! brought to you by jell-o and jell-o brand gelatins.

ever heard of a thesis? and having a main point of discussion. and if it's going to be under editorials it should be an editorial. could have just called it year in review and everyone has their own opinions about updates etc.

and the did you know section is so lame and has been lame for most of its history. should get rid of it until they actually have things worth mentioning.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

You'd better not shout

you'd better not cry

you'd better not pout

I'm telling you why...

'cos you'll get coal in your stocking!! haha!!

:thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

That was intresting to read on. I agree what we've been spoiled. Things have become alot easier on us. And the dragon claws indeed ARE over powered. I HATE facing against someone with them, I usually die on the spot. Hell, I get killed easily in duels usually as it is =S

5edd9adde7.png

A_G_N_P_H.png

A_G_N_P_H.png

70+ all skills [|||||||||||||||||-------]

You'd better not shout

you'd better not cry

you'd better not pout

I'm telling you why...

'cos you'll get coal in your stocking!! haha!!

:thumbsup:

Heck, for free coal, I'll shout, cry, and pout all year! :P :lol: But I liked the article. this has been an especially good year for f2p! <3: :thumbsup:

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

just seems like a review of the year by an individual, nothing really worth making an editorial about. it's the year in review by the Tal Shiar Alliance! brought to you by jell-o and jell-o brand gelatins.

ever heard of a thesis? and having a main point of discussion. and if it's going to be under editorials it should be an editorial. could have just called it year in review and everyone has their own opinions about updates etc.

I wouldn't use those exact words, but I got the same feeling. The subject is interesting enough, but I wish there was a little more meat on the topic... Don't get me wrong, I agree with the main message, but the piece is very brief and doesn't really touch many updates by more than half a sentence. Would have love to see a full article on the subject, with a little more structure. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

ok, this might seem like a strange request, but can someone just copy and paste the article on a post please..

unfortunatly my ISP has blocked the word runescape so no more runescape.com, tip.it/runescape or anything alike

but i really would like to read this article.

THanks

Anish

:shock: How?

OT: I really liked this artical it really showed some turth behind it.

Well done! =D>

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=tip.it times=requested]The Coal in our Stockings

Ts_Stormrage

A few weeks ago an interesting article came by about how Jagex had missed a big opportunity when introducing the Dragon Platebody. I wasn't entirely sure that I agreed with that. I was left with a distinct "but what about..." feeling to it. So I decided to to do a little research and compare it to some of the other game improvements.

This year we've seen a tremendous, almost revolutionary change in RuneScape in nearly every field imaginable. Trade scammers have been completely removed, the Bank interface has improved a hundredfold, Minigames and Miniquests have been introduced to F2P, Clans can safely battle one another with many options to choose from. We can lend one another a certain amount of items, we've had High Definition even for widescreen introduced to us, you can now favourite some of your worlds, we had our first ever Thanksgiving event, we even saw PK-ing brought back to us, and of course our first ever Grandmaster Quest.

As for in-game character improvements the list is even longer. The long awaited Summoning skill, new ways to level the less exciting skills of Runecrafting and Farming, a very welcome addition to Slayer in the form of both Smoking Kills and the Chaos Tunnels. Blood Rune crafting, a Minigame that uses ALL BUT THREE skills available with rewards that DOUBLE your normal XP rate, As A First Resort gave us the ability to run for what seems like forever, and weapons of incredible power for those brave enough to risk it all facing other players. Just to name a few.

Compare this to some of the previous years we've had. Personally this year has been the best with updates in almost every field, but 2005 is a close 2nd with Desert Treasure, Barrows, Slayer and Mournings End. But as awesome as those updates have been, they simply cannot compare to this year's.

And, like always, people have been dissatisfied with some of the updates, especially the more recent ones. The level 3 rewards from both Fremennik and Falador Diaries wouldn't live up to their expectations, and the Fremennik one would be a blatant attempt to reduce junk trading, Stealing Creation and its rewards did not work properly right away, or what about the incredibly overpowered Dragon Claws. And of course, the Dragon Platebody failed to live up to the expectations of many in the fields of coin value, novelty, or usefulness.

So yes, Jagex have their work cut out still. But if next year is anything like this, we can see them unlocking current "frozen" items on the Grand Exchange, making junk trading obsolete to everyone but those wishing to transfer coins illegally. We can certainly expect them to test out the next updates better, but aren't you glad they put most of their testing efforts into the PvP worlds rather then some tool that does or doesn't give you the XP you'd expect from it? A wise man once said; "Do a task correct the first time, and nobody will see how hard the task was."

I guess in the end it depends on your point of view. People like me aren't the ones who rush in head first into a new update, and are therefore immune to fatal bugs. This attitude deprives us of 5 of the the 10 million we would have had if we sold our Lump, Slice or Shard the day we obtained it. Others sacrifice everything to get to the finish line first, and run the risk of being disappointed with the results.

In my opinion, we've been spoiled this year. A LOT! So what if an update is not entirely what you had hoped or expected it to be. Some people even think that, since we now have weapons that can 2-hit or even 1-hit the most prepared players, we've hit a glass ceiling when it comes to new items. Does this mean it is the end? Only for some. And it is those people that receive the Coal in their stockings this year.

I would like to wish everyone both personally and on behalf of the Editorial Panel a Merry Christmas. May your turkey taste great, your gifts be appreciated, and your family and friends be close to you.

Did You Know...

... that while on a Treasure Trail and having to perform a "Uri emote" you can wear whatever you like in the equipment slots not mentioned in the Clue? This means you can have half of your combat gear ready, should you have to face a Double Agent. (Thanks to The Tal Shiar Alliance!)[/hide]

have fun anishh00b.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Ahhh...finally. Now I feel like that Dragon Platebody article is complete. It really was missing that "other" side to the argument. I hope that the Tip.It times tries to incorporate this "Pros and Cons" approach with further articles--except maybe include them in just ONE article instead of two seperate ones.

Articles that cover both arguments instead of just one biased = better reading.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the article for one thing. It leaves things open to discussion. Take the author's point on the Grand Exchange, for one. It's a bit harder to do that because of how ridgid the GE's programming logic is.

I don't think the items will ever unfreeze until they reassess the GE's structure. And, until the structure is changed, there will always be a desire to junk trade. It's just too easy to go, "Here, take this junk that I don't feel like carting off to an NPC and give me an item I REALLY want!" There might be infinite demand from those NPCs, but people will see it as more of a chore and thus still favor junking.

just seems like a review of the year by an individual, nothing really worth making an editorial about.

I see what you mean, though it it as a whole looks better if you view this as "Part 2" of the Dragon Platebody article. This is the approach that Stormveritas should have taken when explaining the "Wasted Bullets" article; but, since he didn't, Ts_Stormrage tied the loose ends.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah..Runescape isn't what it once was..This year it has gone through a lot of change, both good and bad. (The trade limit)

Norsken_2.png

Want to watch a high variety of Runescape videos on YouTube? Check out my channel!

http://www.YouTube.com/user/kyrosia

Barrow runs done so far: 14

Barrow drops so far: 0 (Working on it)

Does this mean it is the end? Only for some. And it is those people that receive the Coal in their stockings this year.

Personally I'd love coal in my stocking! I've got a lot of smithing training I want to do. Besides, coal is so expensive, i don't think santa could afford it...but overall, I enjoyed the article.

p.s: Santa should put cabbage in people stockings instead of coal.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

Does this mean it is the end? Only for some. And it is those people that receive the Coal in their stockings this year.

Personally I'd love coal in my stocking! I've got a lot of smithing training I want to do. Besides, coal is so expensive, i don't think santa could afford it...but overall, I enjoyed the article.

p.s: Santa should put cabbage in people stockings instead of coal.

Christmas cabbage bombing anyone? :ugeek:

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Well i guess Jagex had to pull something out of the bag to make up for Duelling.

So yeah you've had good stuff but at what i consider to be a hefty sacrifice.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

rather pathetic of jagex to be honest. they've made some rather large mistakes. the dragon plate and dragon claws are 2 of the smallest mistakes. the larger mistakes are the pvp items, g.e, actually, almost everything on runescape is a mistake now days. ive been playing 7 years and this was truly the worst year to date.

• 1 month later...