Another Tip.It Times for you!

Turtlefemm

This week's article, The Coal in our Stockings by Ts_Stormrage, teaches us to be glad with what we have. Enjoy

and discuss your thoughts on the article!

A few weeks ago an interesting article came by about how Jagex had missed a big opportunity when introducing the Dragon Platebody. I wasn't

entirely sure that I agreed with that. I was left with a distinct "but what about..." feeling to it. So I decided to to do a little research and compare it to some of the other game

improvements...

>>>The Coal in our Stockings<<<

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

I really agree with the message of this article. However, one point I doubt would ever happen:

making junk trading obsolete to everyone but those wishing to transfer coins illegally

Unless they remove trade limits, this definitely will stay. For newly related items, the value changes every hour, I doubt Jagex can keep up with that. For super rare items (phats, 3a and those spirit shields ATM) the price range people trade those items for are way above 5%. And what about item lending, those almost all depend on junk items. So for those three reasons I don't think junk trading will become obsolete.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I really agree with the message of this article. However, one point I doubt would ever happen:

making junk trading obsolete to everyone but those wishing to transfer coins illegally

Unless they remove trade limits, this definitely will stay. For newly related items, the value changes every hour, I doubt Jagex can keep up with that. For super rare items (phats, 3a and those spirit shields ATM) the price range people trade those items for are way above 5%. And what about item lending, those almost all depend on junk items. So for those three reasons I don't think junk trading will become obsolete.

Unless Jagex changed the 5% thing for certain items. Or even for all items.

Zerker_jane.png

I'll have to say, out of the many years i have played runescape, this has to be the best by far.

P.S: TS Stormage, I saw you at the X-MAS quest, I was just about to shout HYT! But you went into the cave before I could. ::'

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

It might not disappear totally but it will be reduced heavilly... mostly because by fixing the frozen items, there won't be alot of junk to use for the junk trades... Junk is only in existance because their prices are frozen too...

Back on topic i totally agree with ts there... I have never been this happy with JaGeX before... they made huge improvements to the game this year... i have been playing since 2002 and they have never made anything as good as this year... just the graphics and new bank is enough to have made me happy tbh...

People are being spoiled... but i believe most of those people are spoiled irl too... because they come into this game and believe they can do anything and that JaGeX are supposed to do everything for them... those people should really open their eyes and think about all the content JaGeX gives us...

Its been the best year but the moment I am spoilt is the moment I get members for free and then complain something doesnt work. When I pay someone to both buy and test a present for myself and discover its broken I get a little annoyed. (Or atleast its understandable for those who do.)

I enjoyed reading it, but I do have one small problem with it.

Personally this year has been the best with updates in almost every field, but 2005 is a close 2nd with Desert Treasure, Barrows, Slayer and Mournings End. But as awesome as those updates have been, they simply cannot compare to this year's.

How can 2005 be a close 2nd and not be able to compare to this year's at the same time? I know it's not that big of a deal, but it's slightly annoying.

My only quarrel with Jagex is the lack of old content revamped, but then again they're always adding new stuff instead of updating old content *cough*castlewars*cough*. However, even there they did very well by updating bounty hunter, clan wars, revenants, etc. The article was well written and straight to the point :thumbsup:

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I liked the article but....

The intro about the dragon plate, jagex really did miss the timing on the d plate, but thats not to say that jagex really didn't do great this year

but good job on the article in general ::'

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

I enjoyed the article. Sometimes for me personally, I find it hard to take it all in and see what has changed in a year, let alone this whole time I have played. While I don't complain about the improvements or additions, I don't care for them either. I just take them as they come. Though I do think this was a great year for free to play. :thumbsup:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Good article but junk trading will never be eliminated because #1 it is used for renting items and #2 as long as we continue to get new items there will need to be player set prices because Jagex never guesses right.

He realy reminded me how many updates we got this year compared to our previous years.

I was suprised when I did see N_odie post this :D

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

ok, this might seem like a strange request, but can someone just copy and paste the article on a post please..

unfortunatly my ISP has blocked the word runescape so no more runescape.com, tip.it/runescape or anything alike

but i really would like to read this article.

THanks

Anish

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

Very good article.

I agree with the fact that weapons are getting too powerful. I enjoyed the simple days of RS when members only had armor/weapons that went from bronze to dragon. Now that there are whips and godswords and dark bows things just don't feel the way they used to be.

Jagex has some issues to work out with the ever increasing +attack power and +strength yet keeping armor ratings stagnate. Hopefully Jagex can rectify this and make PvP a little more fun for those of us that don't have these OP weapons.