Determining if SC tools\armor are worth using

compfreak847

*Borzidan is the gold mines, and I prefer to use rocks that give a consistent amount of experience per ore, since granite is unpredictable.

Bit off topic, but where did you get "Borzidan" from :?: I've never heard that, and iw as under the impression that they were called the Arzinian Mines.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used one of the harpoons. I caught 1 swordfish (yes only 1) and it degraded from 100 to 89%. That means I could only get around 10 swordfish per harpoon. I didn't test it farther because I didn't want to waste it.

Did you catch any Tunas/Sharks?

Also, it could be combined with Swordfish gloves from Fist of Guthix.

*Borzidan is the gold mines, and I prefer to use rocks that give a consistent amount of experience per ore, since granite is unpredictable.

Bit off topic, but where did you get "Borzidan" from :?: I've never heard that, and iw as under the impression that they were called the Arzinian Mines.

My bad. Must've been thinking about the "being" there.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Bit off topic, but where did you get "Borzidan" from :?: I've never heard that, and I as under the impression that they were called the Arzinian Mines.

The being is the avatar of Borzidan I think...

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

from personal experience, volatile pick is definitely worth using in granite mining. the trick is to get a lot of them and bring them with u so when one runs out u have another so u don't need to morph it immediately.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

from personal experience, volatile pick is definitely worth using in granite mining. the trick is to get a lot of them and bring them with u so when one runs out u have another so u don't need to morph it immediately.

It's nowhere near worth using. Look at the XP\pick and the XP that can be obtained mining normally. It's not a 'personal experience' thing, it's cold hard XP rates.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It's nowhere near worth using. Look at the XP\pick and the XP that can be obtained mining normally. It's not a 'personal experience' thing, it's cold hard XP rates.

There's 1 thing people don't think through! If someone likes SC, then he may enjoy his exp more, so it could be worth it, even if it takes more time.

There's 1 thing people don't think through! If someone likes SC, then he may enjoy his exp more, so it could be worth it, even if it takes more time.

In other words, he enjoy SC enough that he doesn't care that it takes longer, but it's not "worth" using. Therefore, he shouldn't go around telling people that it's "worth" using, because it only is to him.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

In other words, he enjoy SC enough that he doesn't care that it takes longer, but it's not "worth" using. Therefore, he shouldn't go around telling people that it's "worth" using, because it only is to him.

First of all, it's not only worth it for him, it's worth it for anyone else who enjoys this mini game.

Secondly, the word 'worth', when used in a sentence about a game, which means about something that's meant to be fun, should be used as worth 'fun-wise', and only then (as a second priority), as something that's 'worth' for your character (exp-wise, money-wise, etc).

actually it's cuz I had like 200 volatile tools from when I abused the bug and had 1.5m sc points. also, if u use it after u've mined a star, it's super fast exp

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

actually it's cuz I had like 200 volatile tools from when I abused the bug and had 1.5m sc points. also, if u use it after u've mined a star, it's super fast exp

They all got deleted after the update, and it STILL isn't worth it after a star.

DeviledEgg24.png

They really aren't worth it for mining unless you extremely dislike mining (playing SC for mining tools nets about 24k exp/hour* while powermining granite gets about 40k exp/hour).

*These values are calculated with this equation: (approximate exp tool lasts for/2)*3 tools per hour

I beg to differ.

If I were to be getting 80 Mining with these tools, it would take approximately 110 tools to do so. It also looks like your math is convoluted; the numbers that I gave earlier were the tool lasting time (you multiply by 2 to get the double-exp value from using the tool). With dedication, I could probably go through about four tools an hour in Arzinidan*, meaning that I could get 56K experience in that hour.

*Arzinian is the gold mines, and I prefer to use rocks that give a consistent amount of experience per ore, since granite is unpredictable.

I divided by 2 to see how much exp the tool itself adds on which is, in effect, what you're getting by playing SC. Also, the number I divide by 2 is the total amount of exp gained while using a tool, not just the bonus exp.

As for the Arzidan mines, if you can get 56k exp/hour with the tools, that means that you're getting 21k exp/hour at SC (56k exp/4 tools=14k *total* exp/tool => (14k/2)*3=21k); you're still going slower than if you just mined granite (which, beleive it or not, isn't necessarily unpredictable in terms of exp; I spent three hours there the other day getting a consistant 39k-40k exp/hour w/out a clay pick).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Hey! you're on to something!

Double exp woth Shooting Star could be awesome! =D>

Hey! you're on to something!

Double exp woth Shooting Star could be awesome! =D>

People apparently don't realize that how fast your getting XP doesn't changing if the tools are worth it, it has to do with the max XP you can gain in a skill. And the pick ISN'T worth it for mining, period. Doesn't matter how fast shooting star is.

DeviledEgg24.png

Why isn't anyone just using the tool to save cash on expensive skills?

Surely that enough of a reason to use the tools itself.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

people use that tool to save money,a friend of me used it for construction,saved him 50m gp.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

people use that tool to save money,a friend of me used it for construction,saved him 50m gp.

Exactly, people should think of the tools as a investment to save money rather then extra xp.

I rather save money then gain a little extra xp.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

@Acenator and compfreak: Consider a player that doesn't enjoy Mining at all that uses this tool. It might only be a paltry 7.1K bonus experience, but consider two things:

1) To get that much experience in the skill, it would take about 110 gold ore, and

2) Most everyone that I've talked to with the proto-pickaxe said that they enjoyed the minigame enough to play it for more tools.

I personally loathe Mining, but I'd happily go through with it if I had this tool to do it with. 7.1K experience in this really slow skill goes a longer way than you think.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

i need 18 tools for 1.2mil exp

this saves me 4.7mil on oak planks

im happy to play sc at a rate of 783k per hour and also saving time during the larder making tbh

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

@Acenator and compfreak: Consider a player that doesn't enjoy Mining at all that uses this tool. It might only be a paltry 7.1K bonus experience, but consider two things:

1) To get that much experience in the skill, it would take about 110 gold ore, and

2) Most everyone that I've talked to with the proto-pickaxe said that they enjoyed the minigame enough to play it for more tools.

I personally loathe Mining, but I'd happily go through with it if I had this tool to do it with. 7.1K experience in this really slow skill goes a longer way than you think.

I understand and respect that. I'm just looking at the numbers side of it. What people do with those numbers is up to them.

Heck, I'm the one to talk to about taking slower exp in a skill and not being efficient. 99 fishing and woodcutting took me 4 months, each, because I took the slower, more profitable routes (monkfish and yews) and played Castle Wars about just as much as I trained (not to mention all the time I spent chasing friends around Edge with a rubber chicken). 8-)

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

i need 18 tools for 1.2mil exp

this saves me 4.7mil on oak planks

im happy to play sc at a rate of 783k per hour and also saving time during the larder making tbh

If only I didnt get 99 crafting before this update.

Might do construction. Or smithing.

If not, fishing.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Here are my results from 2 different tests with black d-leather making chaps:

Hides=3884

Starting Needles=7

Starting XP=8,951,768

Ending Hides=2092

Ending XP=9,259,283

Hides Used=1792

XP Gained=307,515

Hours to Obtain Needles=2

Time to Make Chaps=45 minutes

Total Time=2 hours, 45 minutes (165 minutes)

307,515/165=1,863.73, rounded to 1,864

1864*60=111,840 XP an hour

Half the cost for normal xp, I might do this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hides=2092

Starting Needles=7

Starting XP=9,259,283

Ending Hides=300

Ending XP=9,566,732

Hides Used=1792

XP Gained=307,449

307,449/7=43,921(xp recieved per needle)

1792/7=256

256*172(xp per hide)=44,023(logical xp per needle)

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

Anyone have any information on fishing?

And what would be a good use for the tools? I got 5 of them and can't think of what to use them for. Construction is a waste, and my smithing is high enough, and I have no goals for either of them. WC/Mining is already marked a dud, and fishing seems like the only one not totally worthless, or maybe I didnt do enough research.

Anyone have any incite?

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

[hide=]

Here are my results from 2 different tests with black d-leather making chaps:

Hides=3884

Starting Needles=7

Starting XP=8,951,768

Ending Hides=2092

Ending XP=9,259,283

Hides Used=1792

XP Gained=307,515

Hours to Obtain Needles=2

Time to Make Chaps=45 minutes

Total Time=2 hours, 45 minutes (165 minutes)

307,515/165=1,863.73, rounded to 1,864

1864*60=111,840 XP an hour

Half the cost for normal xp, I might do this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hides=2092

Starting Needles=7

Starting XP=9,259,283

Ending Hides=300

Ending XP=9,566,732

Hides Used=1792

XP Gained=307,449

307,449/7=43,921(xp recieved per needle)

1792/7=256

256*172(xp per hide)=44,023(logical xp per needle)

[/hide]

His data is fairly accurate. Here's a trial of my own making leather coifs with a sacred clay needle.

Start XP: 1,065,866

Start # coifs: 3083

End XP: 1,109,713

End # Coifs: 3676

XP Gained: 43,847

Coifs made: 593

44,023(logical xp per needle)
XP Gained: 43,847

So expect to get an average of 44k xp from your clay needle depending on what you're making.

cliffside1ra5.png

Not all of them last for 60k experience. My axes lasted for approx. 32k xp each.

Ehh? I can testify that smithing hammer lasts for 60k. Perhaps others don't. This might require further testing...

Smithing lasted me 516 addy bars which i believe is 64500 exp. although I done a retest and it lasted me 514 addy bars so I guess it's random each time.

I used a few hammers and they all lasted 513 bars.

2j3qh46.jpg