Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

highlanders

Cj, Phil, have you even read anything about the movie? Or did you just see the title and assume it was a remake?

In fact, from what I'm to understand, it's not a remake in the slightest. It's simply a different interpretation of the book (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), and supposedly is really nothing like the original movie.

Why yes I have read tthings about this new movie. I've also read, just today, that the original Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) was complaining that the film was just being remade "just for the money" :?

And to highlanders, there's no reason to cry over a discussion... no one was being nasty.

sig2ho7.jpg

Johnny Depp is a horrible actor with enough ego to go around. He tries to hard to be weird, and everybody loves it. The only movie he's ever been any good in is "Edward Scissorhands". I love Tim Burton, but unfortunately about half of his movies have Johnny Depp in it.

Everyone is obsessed with him. Movies.com had a list of 50 reasons why "Johnny Depp is so cool". Most of them were stupid things like "Johhny trashed a hotel room 6 years ago" or something like that. He tries to be cute, and for some reason....everyone buys it. Everyone but me.

tomato1ry.png

I've also read, just today, that the original Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) was complaining that the film was just being remade "just for the money" :?

what they neglet to tell you is he remade the book into a movie just for the money.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I've also read, just today, that the original Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) was complaining that the film was just being remade "just for the money" :?

what they neglet to tell you is he remade the book into a movie just for the money.

OK making a book into a film isn't the same as making a film into a new film.

I get where you are coming from, but I don't think it's on the same kind of scale as this.

sig2ho7.jpg

Ah, I saw the movie on opening day, but it was just a second option. I saw Fantastic 4 first, then with nothing to do, saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory afterwards. It was a funny movie, but a bit too crazy for my likings. Depp was freaky to say the least. Oompa Loompas were hilarious, and the best part of the movie. However, I didn't enjoy them singing new songs, that just sucked.

signaturecj5.jpg

I think everyone should see the original movie before they see this one.

I'm not looking forward to this one. I wont go out of the way to watch it.

Why do you have to remake a classic film which is still very popular today?

yea.... i absolutly loved the classic one, i use to always watch it.... when i saw they were coming out with a new one, i saw the preview and it looked nothing like it.... i think people should see the old one before this... all the new technology doesnt make it look good to me because i always liked the older one :?

yeah... it wouldnt have been a bad movie for 1 reason.... depp he is a very bad actor and does not have the funny feel that he should depp ruined the whole movie even tho they shouldnt have redone willy wonka and the chocolate factory

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

I thought it was a total failure. Gene Wilder ownz Johnny Depp hands down. The new Willy seems so much like a Michael Jackson. It is not a fun film anymore, unlike the old one. Its too dark, i guess it reflects the world we live in today but i still prefer the sunnier original.

Johnny Depp is a horrible actor with enough ego to go around. He tries to hard to be weird, and everybody loves it. The only movie he's ever been any good in is "Edward Scissorhands". I love Tim Burton, but unfortunately about half of his movies have Johnny Depp in it.

Everyone is obsessed with him. Movies.com had a list of 50 reasons why "Johnny Depp is so cool". Most of them were stupid things like "Johhny trashed a hotel room 6 years ago" or something like that. He tries to be cute, and for some reason....everyone buys it. Everyone but me.

You preach the truth.

SACRALIGE!!

i havnt seen it yet but if they wrecked it im gonna scream...

i loved the old movie

You have to remember thats its not a remake of the film. Its another directors take on the book.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

OK making a book into a film isn't the same as making a film into a new film.

I get where you are coming from, but I don't think it's on the same kind of scale as this.

ok, the new film is made MORE from the book. the old one took basic plotlines, and made it into the movie. the old one did it for the money, the new one did it slightly to remind people what the book was like, and then for the money.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I just saw it..

It's definitely different than the first, but I think it's just as good. I don't think it's fair to compare the two. The first was more a serious feel-good kind of thing, the new one is definitely a comedy.

Jonny Depp was awesome, if you ask me.

The only part I really didn't like was the ending.

--spoiler--

Charlie went from being completely uncomfortable about even thinking about his father, to going and visiting him. Plus the whole house moving halfway 'round the world thing would've been nice had it been explained.

I don't think it completely ruined the movie, though.

IRKAa.jpg

I haven't seen the new movie yet, though I probably will.

For the record, ALL movies are done for one reason - to make money! There is no other driving purpose in them, rest assured!

The first movie version actually didn't do so well at the box office, but has probably gotten a lot of home video sales since there are so few quality children's movies. Which is probably what generated the desire to remake it.

Johnny Depp is an interesting actor, from Edward Scissorhands to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to Pirates of the Carribean (his "Keith Richards" performance in the last was hilarious.) I also liked him in the movie with the manic-depressive girl character (can't recall movie name), in which he re-did Charlie Chaplin's forks-and-rolls-dancing routine; he was spot-on.

The original was unfaithful to the book in a number of ways - this is routine for Hollywood. I myself am an Edgar Rice Burroughs fan who winces every time a Tarzan movie comes out, because they are all *intolerable* compared to the book. I whooped and hollered through Disney's cartoon release version (especially when the Tiger killed his parents - they were killed by the father Ape in the book, and Kala's infant died from a fall while running to escape a raging bull ape. But we know a bit more about apes that ERB did then.) (On the positive side, they also omitted ERB's horribly racist portrayal of African tribes, common in that era.) (Rival Clayton was an intellectual weakling, not a bully. I could go on for hours, lol.) And yet overall, it was the most faithful version ever made.

I thought Gene Wilder's portrayal of Willy Wonka was eerie and spooky at some points, although I'm sure it was deliberate. Re-read the book to get a fresh feeling for the characters, and then see what you think.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Hmm, GSW, surely you mean Wonka went from being uncomfortable about talking about his father, to going and visiting him. As for the house, I think that part worked out well. It was a nice ending to see that everything worked out for the best, kinda like the best of both worlds.

signaturecj5.jpg

The older one was ok, not really one of my favorite movies though. Not really planning on seeing this one, because just didnt look that great to me.

You are right though, johnny depp is a outstanding actor, i love pirates of the carribean.

:wink:

monkey24cv.png

|PERM BANNED ON MONKEY 933|

RSN--44warriorz44-|90 str|86 attack|70 def|85 hp|52 pray|102 cmb

--[Proud leader of Final Destination! http://z6.invisionfree.com/RSFinaldestination/index.php?

Requirements for FD!

just the old hispanics playings as the umpa-lumpa killed the whole movie :(

Because you base what you belive them to look like on the old movie rather than the book.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12