Money for Bandos

Phray

You have 85 fishing and you can't make money? Just fish sharks or monks at the fishing guild/fishing colony.

Your woodcutting could give a break too, just grab a dragon axe and chop yews down. I think fishing is better for you though.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

If you keep thinking how much you have to fish and stuff, you'd probably be put off by the amount therefore don't think about how much you have to go about fishing.

Just start fishing monkies and it'll probably take you a month or so if you can fish 1000 monkies in a day. They are really fast; faster than sharks and lobsters in fact and I think currently raw ones cost about 410gp.

Maybe farm marigolds or something while you are at it? I got not much experience about Farming though.

You could also try growing rannars/toadflax, and break from fishing to go get those and plant some more. Maybe do a little MTK while you at it.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

somehow i made about 4m this week fishing and doing mtk and farming and such. Add in going to cave horrors for afew and getting a black mask and thats what made up my money making. So I'd say if you play normal maybe 3 weeks tops to make it.

Low_C.png

Why bandos armour? Just use barrows.

If only you'd say that to the 138s with nothing else to spend their money on ... if only..

:? :roll:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

kind of funny. I bought bandos chestplate two days ago as an impulse buy. Haven't even had a chance to wear it because I keep getting prayer tasks or magic defense tasks.

And to come back to the topic.

I made the 12 million in a week with slayer, farming, collecting cactus spines each time I play (free 9k each time with one teleport), and a little bit of merchanting.

(actually made more than 12M)

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Why bandos armour? Just use barrows.

If only you'd say that to the 138s with nothing else to spend their money on ... if only..

:? :roll:

Those 138s all have 99 defense and don't need the extra protection. Our friend here does not. You would most likely be better of using a barrows plate for pretty much...anything at your level, and really the ONLY way to make fast money is through luck with treasure trails or monster hunting. Personally, I say to hell with trails so that leaves you killing stuff, and the stuff that you could be killing at your level won't get you much of a return barring luck at a bandos massacre.

If you really insist on getting bandos armour to look cool while decreasing overall efficiency, commercial fishing for hours on end would probably be your best bet.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Technically Bandos armor is cheaper than any barrows armor over a longer period of time. Let's assume that since Bandos is such a stable armor that in 6 months it does not change in price and that for the sake of this argument the set of barrows you buy also does not change in price over this 6 month time period. Barrows armor costs money to repair and over 6 months of heavy melee combat training you will end up spending a lot of money doing so. The money spent on repairing armor is a money sink. You will never get it back. Since Bandos armor does not degrade you don't have to spend any money on it (except for actually buying it of course).

Now lets say that 6 months has passed and you decide to sell your armor. As stated above it's the same price as when you bought your armor set, yay! You lose 0 gp from Bandos armor. Bought it, used it, sold it same price. No loss. Barrows armor set, you lose a lot of money. I've never used any barrows armor so I have no idea how much you'd spend on it over 6 months but I'd assume its a few million gp.

This is only hypothetical as armor prices do change on a daily basis but since Bandos is very stable, I'd go with it and then sell it back later if you really need the cash. It won't nickel and dime you to death.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Technically Bandos armor is cheaper than any barrows armor over a longer period of time. Let's assume that since Bandos is such a stable armor that in 6 months it does not change in price and that for the sake of this argument the set of barrows you buy also does not change in price over this 6 month time period. Barrows armor costs money to repair and over 6 months of heavy melee combat training you will end up spending a lot of money doing so. The money spent on repairing armor is a money sink. You will never get it back. Since Bandos armor does not degrade you don't have to spend any money on it (except for actually buying it of course).

Now lets say that 6 months has passed and you decide to sell your armor. As stated above it's the same price as when you bought your armor set, yay! You lose 0 gp from Bandos armor. Bought it, used it, sold it same price. No loss. Barrows armor set, you lose a lot of money. I've never used any barrows armor so I have no idea how much you'd spend on it over 6 months but I'd assume its a few million gp.

This is only hypothetical as armor prices do change on a daily basis but since Bandos is very stable, I'd go with it and then sell it back later if you really need the cash. It won't nickel and dime you to death.

and counting the amount of food bandos will need over barrows...

foukouei.png

Hey if you got 68 summoning or higher then that food argument gets thrown out the window. Bunyips heal up to 352 HP for only 2k.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

I've never used any barrows armor so I have no idea how much you'd spend on it over 6 months but I'd assume its a few million gp.

Any argument you had to support your claim was pretty much thrown out the window with that statement (bolded and underlined)

You have absolutely 0 experience with barrows armor which gives you 0 opinion in any matters over barrows armor. I did slayer for about 3 months solid wearing barrows. Do you know what I spent to repair? About 500k, if that, for 4 sets (Guthans, Torags, Ahrims and Karils) That was hardcore combat training for 3 months. All the money I spent on repairs, was made back in 2 days (3 max) of doing slayer.

Well worth it TBH.

To the creator of the thread:

Fish for your money. Monkfish at your level is probably the best you can ask for.

Also forget the bandos. Stick with barrows. You heard that it degrades, blah blah blah, but 15 hours of 'IN COMBAT' is quite a long time. Mind numbingly long in actuality. Its cheaper, has better stats and if you use an armor stand in someone's house to repair, it costs next to nothing anyways.

*Waits for the argument about not being able to be bothered to find an armor stand*

Just so you know, if you go to the RSOF (Runescape Official Forums, on the main RS website) and go to the events section. Just about anyone with an open alter will have an armor stand. Also W31, Yanille you can find the open house there and 9 times out of 10 it will have a repair stand. Just a little FYI.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

and counting the amount of food bandos will need over barrows...

Also counting the fact you will make money from slayer and you just make 22k/h you will profit...

Also you have never used it so you don't know how long it lasts, You will be bored of Runescape before you lose money on torags then bandos.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.