Magic underpowered? Think again! ~+~+OVER-HAULED~+~+

warrior5024

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide.

Gave me some tricks to add to my combat. ::'

Quick question: Is it possible to substitute a Red Chinchompa for the Karil's Bow in the Triple Stack Combination?

You can substitute any decently fast weapon, though it's only recommended to use reliably-strong weapons

77yLQy8.png

Hi.

I have heard of this spell stack method a few years back and tried it. I was only able to pull it off once and I really needed the cooperation of the other guy. It doesn't seem to consistently work which made me think if is it real or is it just a trick of lag.

Nice guide btw.

Also, since this is kinda a magic guide thing, when I was asking the RSOF forums about this spell stack trick, other than the safespot I came accross a strange tech that I never did try.

The idea is to freeze your opponent and then stand on their spot... They can't hit you or see what you're doing so you can change gear, pot up, eat and they'd never know. Then when you're done, you can spec them with a melee spec cuz most likely they'd be wearing anti mage gear by then.

I know its dirty but the safespot trick reminded me of it.

Hi.

I have heard of this spell stack method a few years back and tried it. I was only able to pull it off once and I really needed the cooperation of the other guy. It doesn't seem to consistently work which made me think if is it real or is it just a trick of lag.

Nice guide btw.

Also, since this is kinda a magic guide thing, when I was asking the RSOF forums about this spell stack trick, other than the safespot I came accross a strange tech that I never did try.

The idea is to freeze your opponent and then stand on their spot... They can't hit you or see what you're doing so you can change gear, pot up, eat and they'd never know. Then when you're done, you can spec them with a melee spec cuz most likely they'd be wearing anti mage gear by then.

I know its dirty but the safespot trick reminded me of it.

that's also a good trick if there aren't any obstacles nearby, though if your opponent's smart they'll be able to attack you as soon as you step out

77yLQy8.png

Do you think that because of today's changes, we will see an increase in mages in Bounty/PvP worlds? Less people will be risking AGS/D Claws, so you won't get rushed as often.

doubt it, because the influx of rangers will scare them all away

God forbid they learn and use safe-spots -.-

Well, I'll be back in about a week, and I have a rather large amount of information ready to add, including new armors and weapons, aswell as Hybrid tactics.

Off topic, I'd love to see arcanes around 30-40m, so I could afford one. I've wanted that since they first came out, a pity Magic didn't work at Corp.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

doubt it, because the influx of rangers will scare them all away

God forbid they learn and use safe-spots -.-

And what if the rangers learn to stay away from safespots?

WB, and somthing for mages to hope for in the future.

However, we do have plans to make 1-versus-1 combat a bit more stable and harder to interrupt, and we hope to have these changes with you in the near future (I will be working on them this week).

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

anyone wanna fight me? maybe if you're lucky I'll make you into my next gif!

82ne2xy.gif

*laughs defiantly*

I may muster up the uwhooz to mage v. mage fight you.:ohnoes:

Only if you promise to use mystic while I use my zury set. ;) Im not 99 mage yet :(

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

scribbles001 wrote:

hmmm once the secret is out people will start pking with mage again :).

Hopefully mage v mage fights will become the norm. Fighting any other combat styles will result in pjing and tagging. :wall:

ooo ya i forgot...the one flaw that makes mage fights impractical. :wall:

scribbles001 wrote:

hmmm once the secret is out people will start pking with mage again :).

Hopefully mage v mage fights will become the norm. Fighting any other combat styles will result in pjing and tagging. :wall:

ooo ya i forgot...the one flaw that makes mage fights impractical. :wall:

Theres still that update mod benny talked about.Besides,muggi's beconing just spawned an idea for some sort of magic fight club.Perhaps a group of active mage pkers could challenge eachother to fights. If the loot is good enough to turn a profit, this could be a viable alternative for mages who want to pk,but don't like throwing gear away to rushers or pjers.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

thanks to this guide i found a kind of combo for f2p, if u use a slow spell(any f2p spell) from far, and then run to your opponent with a scimi, you will hit twice almost at the same time, and also, bind is a fast spell, so you can keep attaking anyone without let him move.

I'm back after my one month break! And I have a Major Update for the Guide!

July 26

Added information about:

Blessed spirit Shield

Zanik's Crossbow

Dark Bow

Verac's Set

Whip + Defender

Void Knight

I also have a new section! Hybrid Tactics. You may find them in Section 6.

Thank you everybody, and enjoy.

Picture2-10.png

Thank you, Warrior. Great job.

"You will now be properly classed as being 'in combat' when you are attacking someone else, even if you've not been attacked back. Also, if you teleport while in combat, you will now lose 20% of your Earning Potential (EP)."

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

time to go farcast the [cabbage] out of unprepared noobs

I gotta work on a new PvP world section. So many updates, and now Magic is the best for PvP, I believe. Gotta try some new stuff out.

Picture2-10.png

time to go farcast the [cabbage] out of unprepared noobs

We gotta work out a set-up. In non-1-item worlds, Zuriel's would dominate, but costs around 1.2m for the set.

Are corrupt zuriel's sets buyable atm? Im guessing they're being bought up by pkers.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent guide =D>

Goes in depth, like the vids, and is generally well though out. This motivated me to get ancients and try them out. Deserves a 10/10 tbh.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!