Magic underpowered? Think again! ~+~+OVER-HAULED~+~+

warrior5024

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, bump.

Over the past month or two, an onslaught of updates have increased the power of Magic drastically. New potions, boosts, prayers, equipment, all based to aid magic. After my finals, I might be updating and re-hauling this guide. Me and Dutch just went to duel arena to test new spells, and we maxed an Ice Barrage at 37 with a normal magic pot. Wolpertinger will now by a huge help with magic, aswell as potions. New prayers help with accuracy, not damage, but they are still helpful. While it is true that safe-spotting no long works (dammit!) there are still plenty of options that come with Magic. I don't know if I will include Surge spells, Dutch and I are about to test those, but, since this guide was made with Ancient's in mind, I might add just a tiny section, or not at all.

Keep your eyes open and your wands ready. Magic has become more expensive, but still plenty of fun! Updates hopefully.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• 1 month later...

oh and one quick question! dont use auto retaliate in pvp right?

If your maging it wouldnt hurt, when rushers attack you and you happen to be unprepared, auto retaliating with ice barrage pauses their attacks,which could give you some time to get away or heal.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

the problem with auto retaliate though, is that if you aren't auto-casting, which this guide pretty proves why you shouldn't, then auto-retaliate would just make you run up and smack your oponents with a stick. Not always the most favourable option if it's someone with claws, dds, or a godsword..

As for this guide.

wow...just wow. The stack combos are amazing. I can't honestly say I'll start using magic, but with this guide, who knows, maybe someday I might decide to actually try pvp, and I could use this.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• 4 weeks later...

The new staff of light is wonderful for magic. I have obtained one and started testing it - the rune savings, melee blocking special, and +15% damage blow the master wand out of the water.

This is a MUST HAVE for any serious mage, and I will be happy to loan you mine for testing if needed.

~Shogun

I am also willing to lend you a staff of light any time for testing for the guide just pm me.

The special is great against people with melee whens stacked with prayer melee damage is reduced by 70% and the damage boost is awesome.

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

Have you actually ever gotten a kill with this? Because this guide is really pvp focused, but you don't have any kill pictures or whatever.

Funny, its a guide, not a blog.

If you want to debate again, there is a forum for that, but this isn't it.

Well, I still haven't gotten around to updating, don't know if I ever will. Magic hasn't interested me in a bit, but hopefully I'll come back to it after 92 Summon.

Picture2-10.png

• 2 weeks later...

Gf mage stack.

Maybe jagex will make mage prayer increase damage to make up for this?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Alright, here's the deal:

I've been tied up with school, SAT, college stuff, a ball-and-chain, and life in general, as well as a dry streak of magical combat. However, with new updates, I do intend to turn toward magic again.

However, this is NOT a promise to over-haul this guide (Over-haul since so many things have changed). I'd love to, but I'm not sure I can with my current time, but if I can, I will.

Thank you.

Picture2-10.png

Yeah it sucks that double casting no longer works... but magic still has the most DPS and can't be killed by any meleer if you use leech prayers and a SoL.

but unless you get em tb'd at the mage bank you have 0 ko potential now :S

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

magic is just too darn expensive =.=

staff of light did nothing to change this

dunno about you, but i managed to make a few mil getting 99 magic...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Once again, this Guide is 100% up to date and OVER-HAULED!

All it took was about 5 sections to delete and replace, a few hours of typing, and the purchase of a Staff Of Light (but we all knew I'd get one anyways).

Please enjoy! Even if you've read through it before, there have been as many minor edits as major.

And, while Magic might not be cheap nowadays, you certainly pay for the better advantage!

Picture2-10.png

About the refreezing turns...

You can shoot 5 times with a rune crossbow on rapid. But during the fifth attack, entangle will wear off but you will still have enough time to turn after the fifth attack. You can refreeze after the fifth attack. Same thing with ice barrage, the freezing effect wears off during the sixth attack.

You can cast 4 spells after you've cast entangle, and 6 spells after you've frozen your target with ice barrage.