Magic underpowered? Think again! ~+~+OVER-HAULED~+~+

warrior5024

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freaking fantastic guide. Make me want to become 88 mage badly.

Oh and I remember someone mentioning the dfs could be added to the triple stack, making for a max hit of 108. Even though its limited by the slow charge, wouldn't this be an awesome ko move? Or even for mage rushing?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Hi guys I just made a safe-spotting guide on YT, it's a video response to the ancient magicks stacking one.

Enjoy. :D

You are amazing! I'll add his to the guide ASAP. You've contributed so much, thank you ::'

Freaking fantastic guide. Make me want to become 88 mage badly.

Oh and I remember someone mentioning the dfs could be added to the triple stack, making for a max hit of 108. Even though its limited by the slow charge, wouldn't this be an awesome ko move? Or even for mage rushing?

Yes, it is possible, but very impractical, as there is a delay between the ice blitz and DFS + obsidian ring+ instant spell hits. It is more of a fun move then an actual useful one, because of the tab changes and preparation, but is a good opening for duels.

Well, I ought to update PvP world guide, but I haven't been to the worlds yet. Perhaps I'll just add some general information and Tactics, but I'll see, it'll be a hard year in school.

I'd also like to thank everybody who has used these guidelines, posted here, of has just lurker. This guide has become very well-known and very responsive, and I hope that I've helped many people with combat and see that magic is great for more then Vengeance.

I'm not sure if there are many more updates I can contribute to the guide, but I'll always be searching for new ways to utilize this great skill.

Keep Maging

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Maging this way in SC has made it a lot more fun! Soon I shall have enough sacred clay hats to train my Magic to level 88 for Shadow Barrage :thumbsup: If I get any good hits I will screen it, and post it in this topic.

Double post, I know, but I'm having trouble with the Smoke Barrage + Shadow Barrage combo. They aren't stacking on each other, no matter at what distance I stand. Help me please? :P

They do sometimes. Ice Blitz + Shadow Barrage work fine for me there. But Smoke Barrage + Shadow Barrage can't be stacked indeed.

I just tried the stacking spells out in the Duel Arena. Me, a level 89, versus several level 110+. The outcome was usually something like this:

noobgotowned.png

Note that he's also wearing black dragonhide, and the protect prayer. Yet he still got owned :P :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
new update is very good, now with master wand(and other staffs) the damage is increased by a 10%!!!

problem is hybriding. when you switch weapons auto cast stays on so you continue to cast spells instead of running up and meleeing or something

helbovie.png

new update is very good, now with master wand(and other staffs) the damage is increased by a 10%!!!

problem is hybriding. when you switch weapons auto cast stays on so you continue to cast spells instead of running up and meleeing or something

there is no need to be usng auto cast, ancients have autocast for second option, so you can hybrid just like before

Click the attack style you want and it will stop the autocast.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Thank you!! I have successively Mastered the TSC combo, very devastating in pvp. Now i just wish ancients had a spell to tele-block. I personally prefer the Ice Blitz + blood barrage combo, only setback is that blood barrage is pretty inaccurate.

Yew_crystal.png

Yew_crystal.png

Yew_crystal.png

Yew_crystal.png

Yew_crystal.png

89.png

• 1 month later...

Of course if you knew what was in this guide then you knew that magic was pretty overpowered before the update. But of course silly people don't read TiF and just complain to Jagex that their system is broken, instead of trying to understand the way the system works and using it to their advantage.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Of course if you knew what was in this guide then you knew that magic was pretty overpowered before the update. But of course silly people don't read TiF and just complain to Jagex that their system is broken, instead of trying to understand the way the system works and using it to their advantage.

I know what is in the guide. I've been using spell stacking for months.

Alright guys, speech time.

Because of recent rune prices, different goals, school and my ball-and-chain, I haven't been PvP maging in several months. I've hardly even tested out the new 10% damage staves, and because of this, I haven't kept this guide up to date. In that sense, I've failed as a Magician.

However, since I've come across a fun amount of money that is to little to buy a SGS but too small to be of much other fun, I might be picking up my combat gear again. Duel tournaments, maybe PvP worlds, and new items will all HOPEFULLY be updated very soon. I'm debating a huge re-vamp, if I can get any yeas or neahs on ideas or helpful hints.

Thank you all, and keep Barraging.

Picture2-10.png

I have edited the guide a bit to include recent updates with Magic, and fix some other questionable facts.

If anybody has any more input or additions they would like to see, please tell me.

Picture2-10.png