Buying a new computer.. tell me what you think!

Quinton595

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vista 64 pro. Great OS.

I think Nadril meant to say is home premium or Ultimate for Vista 64bit ;) . There is no pro version on vista :P .

Vista > XP. Do not listen to the Mac commercials.

Whatever Mr. Certified vista :lol:

Vista 64 pro. Great OS.

I think Nadril meant to say is home premium or Ultimate for Vista 64bit ;) . There is no pro version on vista :P .

Vista > XP. Do not listen to the Mac commercials.

Whatever Mr. Certified vista :lol:

:lol:

Mm, yeah cause i did some more research, and i was talking to a guy in RL, and we were going over how vista will dissapear in a few years, due to the fact that Microsoft is already working on a new OS.

Problem is, the Microsoft word, and other programs, wont work with printers, or games, or things like that.

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Mm, yeah cause i did some more research, and i was talking to a guy in RL, and we were going over how vista will dissapear in a few years, due to the fact that Microsoft is already working on a new OS.

Problem is, the Microsoft word, and other programs, wont work with printers, or games, or things like that.

Well, from personnal experience, Vista is much better than XP. My XP was buggy and all and when I installed Vista, I didn't have any problems. It's even easier to do somethings, and faster when you want to run programs, just press the windows key, type the name of the program, and press enter, there you go, you didn't take the time to find the program on the desktop and didn't take the time to double click. I'm also using Windows 7 Beta and it's a bit faster than Vista.

Well there always working on a new OS, it's the nature on computing, there will always be something better and faster coming out just around the corner.

Get Vista and then upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out. The requirements are going to be the same for Windows 7 as they are for Vista so you will not need to upgrade your pc to run Windows 7.

goldenblade995.png

Well there always working on a new OS, it's the nature on computing, there will always be something better and faster coming out just around the corner.

Get Vista and then upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out. The requirements are going to be the same for Windows 7 as they are for Vista so you will not need to upgrade your pc to run Windows 7.

Ok. Well il do some more research, and find out some more thing, then il come back

But can I avert everyone's attention to the first page, first post?

Please, for the cost of the computer, could you guys give me a rating of the whole computer out of 10?

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Ok. Well il do some more research, and find out some more thing, then il come back

Please, for the cost of the computer, could you guys give me a rating of the whole computer out of 10?

The build is fine. Buy it. Build it. That's a pretty good build for the money, and you're not going to find that at Dell.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

The build is fine. Buy it. Build it. That's a pretty good build for the money, and you're not going to find that at Dell.

So like 8/10.. Well that's pretty good.

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Better performance. Cheaper. Fun to build. BUY IT!!@!!!

::'

...Please though, make sure you know what you're doing when you do this build. You don't want to screw it up after 7 pages of posts and help, and close to 1 grand.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Hell yeah. I was googling ways to ground myself during the construction, and i keep watching tut videos.

I Am a worrywart.. cause for me, this is a large sum of money, so i wanted it to be perfect, or as close to it as possible. Hopefully, this should accomplish just that. :)

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Hell yeah. I was googling ways to ground myself during the construction, and i keep watching tut videos.

I Am a worrywart.. cause for me, this is a large sum of money, so i wanted it to be perfect, or as close to it as possible. Hopefully, this should accomplish just that. :)

Go to Radio Shack or Bestbuy (or some place similar) and buy an anti-static wrist strap. You can get one for less than $10 and it could save you from frying very expensive components.

goldenblade995.png

And just go OCD by touching the inside of your case before you touch anything.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Go to Radio Shack or Bestbuy (or some place similar) and buy an anti-static wrist strap. You can get one for less than $10 and it could save you from frying very expensive components.

Yep, I'm also gonna stand on a sheet of metal, as added protection, hopefully that should be enough.

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Yep, I'm also gonna stand on a sheet of metal, as added protection, hopefully that should be enough.

O_o. You just need an anti-static wrist strap if you're that worried.

Yeah, if hes this worried I would like to see him put it together :lol:

I wonder how many hours it will take him to build it.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I agree if that. I never wear any anti-static stuff. Complete overkill in my opinion. If you have your mother board drained of power you should be fine.

I agree if that. I never wear any anti-static stuff. Complete overkill in my opinion. If you have your mother board drained of power you should be fine.

Yeah I always just sit the case on the ground in front of me and have the power unplugged. :?

Yeah I always just sit the case on the ground in front of me and have the power unplugged. :?

Yeah, its just the static, that's in your body, so even if its in front of you, you can still ESD the motherboard and processor.

Jaerk-- prolly along the lines of 3-4 decades. :lol:

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

And it's a fashion statement :thumbup:

Really though, buying one of those and standing on sheet of metal is overkill. Anyway, the metal wouldn't work unless you're barefoot or wearing really thin socks :P

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

And it's a fashion statement :thumbup:

Really though, buying one of those and standing on sheet of metal is overkill. Anyway, the metal wouldn't work unless you're barefoot or wearing really thin socks :P

Standing on a sheet of metal probably wouldn't work anyway. I fail to see how a $10 wrist strap that's going to save components is overkill. 90% of the time you will be fine without a wrist strap if you aren't doing something stupid like building on a carpet. The other 10% you probably will fry something. This is speaking from me who's built 100s of computers so I have seen it happen numerous times. 15volts can fry a motherboard, static electricity could be over 5,000 volts if you can see the spark.

wrist strap = not overkill

anti static mat grounded into a socket for the pc= overkill

Well if you don't get one, atleast hold on to the metal part of the case most of the time and don't move your feet to much to create static.

goldenblade995.png

I actually really liked building my computer, now if only I could get a job doing that.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.