How many 99s with 15m?

Jeevez

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I've got about 15m lying around the bank. I've decided to get as many level 99 skills with it. I know it won't buy me much, but at least 1 99 is more than I currently have. I've seen a guide that says I can get 99 slayer with 2m(which isn't bad imo.) I could always get cooking in fletching. Do those in mass amounts.

Are there any other skills that I'm missing(besides fletching & cooking) that could possibly get me an easy 99 skill with 15m? Ideas would be great since I just came back, I'm still learning about the new additions, etc.

dark_myth19.png

Dark_myth19.png

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer. Nobodies fault but my own. I'm looking for non-combat skills, non-gathering, that I could get 99 with efficiently. I simply have 15m to burn, that makes things easier.

For instance: Having money to buy more yews and bowstrings would make 99 fletching go by easier. I could buy all of the logs for 99 firemaking without a problem. Are there any other skills that I could buy 15m worth of items for to get 99 in?

dark_myth19.png

Dark_myth19.png

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer. Nobodies fault but my own. I'm looking for non-combat skills, non-gathering, that I could get 99 with efficiently. I simply have 15m to burn, that makes things easier.

For instance: Having money to buy more yews and bowstrings would make 99 fletching go by easier. I could buy all of the logs for 99 firemaking without a problem. Are there any other skills that I could buy 15m worth of items for to get 99 in?

Well then yes, cooking would be decently easy with a few mils loss. Fletching, I'm not so sure, I got 99 when I was still able to profit from it. What I'll suggest is though, level range up, buy some decent gear and level defense. Now depending on how you do this, you can end up with high def/range with no losses also. Then you should begin dking/gwd for money and get that cash up so you can dump 85m on herblore or 100m on prayer. The best thing you can do in this situation is to level the skills that are going to help you boss hunt to make more money, more money means more effcient training.

If you don't like that advice, level cooking for sure since that's the cheapest. If you have the patience for firemaking, then by all means, it should only set you back 3-6m, and then fletching. I also recommend thieving since it's huge xp/hr and hunter because the profit you'll make off it is way to immense not to, to be honest.

transformerfy9.jpg

Fletching, cooking, firemaking. You could do any of the other skills, but you couldn't do them efficiently - smithing costs about 25m, crafting 60m, herblore 100m... Slayer could cost 2m, but it would take months and is considered one of the hardest 99s to get.

Fletching, cooking, firemaking. You could do any of the other skills, but you couldn't do them efficiently - smithing costs about 25m, crafting 60m, herblore 100m... Slayer could cost 2m, but it would take months and is considered one of the hardest 99s to get.

99 smithing for 25m? :o how?

meeizter.png

smithing u can use goldsmith guantlets.

to be honest, save the money. getting a 99 for the sake of getting a 99 and not truly enjoying the 99 u are getting is epik phail. better to put that money towards a 99 u want and not achieve it with that sum of cash than blow it on a bogus 99 that u dont really want but really want a cape

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

My reccomendation is as follows:

~Complete Royal Trouble, Throne of Misc, and Family Crest.

~Invest at least 750k into the coffers and make sure to keep the approval at 100%. If you invest the bare minimum (750k) make sure to replenish that each day as well.

~Make sure that it is on fish(10) and flax(5).

~Level fletching by cutting yew longs.

~Once you cut 11,975 yew long bow(u)s collect your resources from your kingdom. Depending on how quickly you can cut those bows, you maybe able to have enough flax to spin into strings for the Yew Long Bows. If spinning is not your thing, sell the flax and half the tuna to buy strings.

~Make sure to restock your Kingdom.

~String bows until you can make Magic Long bows (level 85), selling as needed to refinance more yew logs. Stringing the 11975 yew long bows(u) should give you 85.

~From 85 you will need to cut 106,840 magic long bow(u)s and string 106,840 magic long bows (53,420 strung magic long bows). Make sure to get your kingdom to furnish the cost of the strings, either by spinning yourself or selling the flax and half the tuna each time you sell.

~If you run out of money here as you should (magic logs are expensive) cook your tuna. Then sell them for double the cost of getting your kingdom to fish them for you (on average). Once you hit 86 cooking you no longer need the tuna so sell them all for even more profit.

~This should give you both fletching and cooking for a profit.

My reccomendation is as follows:

~Complete Royal Trouble, Throne of Misc, and Family Crest.

~Invest at least 750k into the coffers and make sure to keep the approval at 100%. If you invest the bare minimum (750k) make sure to replenish that each day as well.

~Make sure that it is on fish(10) and flax(5).

~Level fletching by cutting yew longs.

~Once you cut 11,975 yew long bow(u)s collect your resources from your kingdom. Depending on how quickly you can cut those bows, you maybe able to have enough flax to spin into strings for the Yew Long Bows. If spinning is not your thing, sell the flax and half the tuna to buy strings.

~Make sure to restock your Kingdom.

~String bows until you can make Magic Long bows (level 85), selling as needed to refinance more yew logs. Stringing the 11975 yew long bows(u) should give you 85.

~From 85 you will need to cut 53,420 magic long bow(u)s and string 53,420 magic long bows (53,420 strung magic long bows). Make sure to get your kingdom to furnish the cost of the strings, either by spinning yourself or selling the flax and half the tuna each time you sell.

~If you run out of money here as you should (magic logs are expensive) cook your tuna. Then sell them for double the cost of getting your kingdom to fish them for you (on average). Once you hit 86 cooking you no longer need the tuna so sell them all for even more profit.

~This should give you both fletching and cooking for a profit.

Here are some numbers if you care:

Things you will need to buy:

11,975 yew logs at 470 gold = 5,628,250

53,420 magic logs at 1294 = 69,125,480

24,238 shark at 1011 = 24,504,618

Things your kingdom will provide

15,079 Tuna at 56.3 = 848,947.7

31,049 swordfish at 189.4 = 5,880,680.6 - though this would take 237 days :/

At first glance that looks expensive but let us look further.

Step 1

Buy the initial 11,975 yew logs. Cost = 5,628,250

Invest in your kingdom and cut at least 748 bows/day (1 hour). In 20 days you will have enough flax to finish your bows. Do not cash out early and make sure to keep the money invested over 750k. This will give you 12,500 flax, 8,802 tuna, and 2,639 swordfish. Cost = 1,500,000

Results of step 1

Fletching level = 81

Total cost of Step 1 = 7,128,250.

Step 2

Make sure kingdom is still going

Next spin the flax.

Fletch the bows.

Cook the tuna.

Results of step 2

Cooking level 84

Crafting level 64

Flecthing level 85

Total cost of step 2= nothing

Step 3

Sell everything you have so far, keep the swordfish

8802 cooked tuna at 87 = 765,774

11975 strung yew long bows at 686 = 8,214,850

Results of Step 3

Profit of 1,852,374. (No longer spin bowstrings unless you want to...)

Step 4

Cooking the tuna should have taken about 10 hours, making the strings-about 15 hours and the bows should have taken 15 (slow but steady pace). For enough tuna til cooking level 86 (no longer burn swordfish with gaunlets) you will need to wait 15 days so 2-3 hours/day would be a good time for doing this. This will give you 9,375 flax, 6,602 tuna, and 1979 swrodfish. Cook 6,277 tuna and sell the rest (325 at 112 = 36400).

Results of Step 4

Cooking level 86

Cost of Step 4 = 1,125,000

Total supplies as of step 4

• flax = 9375

• bowstrings = 525

• swordfish = 4618

Profit so far of 727,374. In other words level 85 fletching and 86 cooking for a profit of 727,374.

Total time: approx. 1 month, 10 days

Step 5

From the kingdom, you should get 625 flax, 440 tuna, and 131 swordfish each day. By selling the flax and tuna you profit 56383 though 1 day costs 75k. So 131 swordfish cost you 18617/day or about 142 each slightly less than the kingdom actually costs because of the profit of the other two.

You still need 26431 swordfish that would take 202 days to get using the kingdom. Not plausible but more profit to be had if you are not in a hurry.

Instead let us focus on the magic logs. Let us continue to assume that you will be playing 2 hours/day. Let us also assume that you can cut 1000 magic longs/hour so for everyday you cut 2000 magic long bow(u)s. You can cut for approximately 5 days before you get uncomfortable low on cash.

Cut 10k magic long bows(u)s

Results of step 5

Kingdom

• 3125 flax

• 2200 tuna

• 659 swordfish

Fletching level 87 (4,173,594 xp)

Step 5 cost = 13,315,000

Step 6

Buy 10k strings at 184 = 1,`840,000

String bows.

Sell the bows at 1448 = 14,480,000

Results of step 6

Kingdom

• 3125 flax

• 2200 tuna

• 659 swordfish

Fletching level 89 (5,088,594 xp)

Step 5 and 6 cost = 750,000

Repeat 5 and 6 until level 99 in fletching. Once you get 99 in fletching use all of your swordfish to level cooking. If more is needed buy them from the GE until level 94. Then cook sharks till 99. This should still give you a small profit and sorry for not sitting down to figure it out all the way but I have to leave work, they are locking the gate :/

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

That's all nice and dandy, Kietaro, but you are confusing people. You arent losing less money bye fletching and cooking your way. You are just reducing the costs using your kingdom. It's your kingdom that makes you money, the flethcing and cooking that looses you money. Dont bring those 2 together, they are seperated.

It's good advice though.

You can look at it however you want. The fact remains, the player is getting 99s in a skill and either making money or paying very little for it. It is not confusing unless comments like yours are made. It is when people bring up where the profit comes from that confusion results. It is a game and the way that I look at it, if over time of doing whatever it is I find myself doing I make a profit then I made a profit. If I didn't I lost money.

In other words the player can buy all the thing they need for the 99. Get the levels and lose ALOT of money OR take their time and make a small profit. Regardless of where that profit came from, the player still made money while doing whatever they were doing, cooking and fletching in this case. Not saying the money came from those activities and you will find that I never said that. Instead I said "~This should give you both fletching and cooking and a profit."

Then again I am sure the poster cares very little about profit or where it came from. I was simply advising him to not spend money on these skills that he can get for very little or a profit, once again regardless of where the money came from.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Lol, we've had this discussion before, remember?

Anyway, I do get where you're coming from. Still, if you want to be exact, you are wrong. Blatantly wrong.

Actually, your advice is: Use your kingdom. That's it. Besides that you said what? Use the supplies from your kingdom? Okay. Though, and that's where it goes "wrong". Sometimes, you are better off selling your supplies from your kingdom, and buying something ELSE that gives you even more efficient lvling (less money, less time, more xp).

Anyway, I do get where you're coming from. Still, if you want to be exact, you are wrong. Blatantly wrong.

Actually, your advice is: Use your kingdom. That's it. Besides that you said what? Use the supplies from your kingdom? Okay. Though, and that's where it goes "wrong". Sometimes, you are better off selling your supplies from your kingdom, and buying something ELSE that gives you even more efficient lvling (less money, less time, more xp).

This is very, very true. For example, planting Willow trees from MTK is a very bad idea. (Not sure if you said this; tl;dr. Just something everyone says now)

Slayer... there is something called a time factor. With Slayer, you can make a hundred times that, but time is the main factor. This is true for mostly any skill.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

While I realise this I think that you are missing my point completely and I must not be expressing mine as well.

Basically without all the extra fluff what I am saying is why on earth would a player spend money to level skills when it is so easy to do it for free or small profit. Is time really that big of a deal for players?

And yes I remember our discussion last time :P I guess I am really bad at say "Hey do not waste your cash on levels, there are better ways of doing it that cost you nothing." That is all I really am trying to say.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Stealing Creation hammers. Only really worth it if you like the minigame, but my friend went from 73 to 92 in a few days and lost about 13m, so I'm assuming it costs about 25.

Stealing Creation hammers. Only really worth it if you like the minigame, but my friend went from 73 to 92 in a few days and lost about 13m, so I'm assuming it costs about 25.

73-92 isnt half way, 1-92 is, so it would be more than 25m. Plus he only has 15m to work with making smithing to 99 unreachable.

Low_C.png

73-92 isnt half way, 1-92 is, so it would be more than 25m. Plus he only has 15m to work with making smithing to 99 unreachable.

So? Assume our guy here as 70 smithing. This means he can get like 93 smithing with his money. That's very good. Why do you need this 99 so bad.

*repeats what I always say on these threads*

don't get a 99 for the sake of it, get it because you like the skill and enjoy training it.

or to get a cape you got in the way stated above trimmed.

which is y most ppl dont understand y others put down their fletch.fm/cook cape, especially if they wear it with hood and it is untrimmed.

chocobo IS win

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

*repeats what I always say on these threads*

don't get a 99 for the sake of it, get it because you like the skill and enjoy training it.

or to get a cape you got in the way stated above trimmed.

which is y most ppl dont understand y others put down their fletch.fm/cook cape, especially if they wear it with hood and it is untrimmed.

chocobo IS win

I wore an untrimmed fletching cape for about, mm, 4 months. A 99 is a 99, and there's no doubt about it. No matter what skill it is, those players deserve more respect than others who don't have that cape (or a different cape.)

OT: Fletching, Firemaking, Cooking. The buyable ones, at least.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Don't forget about thieving. You have more than enough money to get the food/energy pots/summoning pouches/sceptres you'd need to plunder to 99, and it's faster xp than firemaking or fletching. Also the cape looks cooler imo. :thumbup:

Cooking

Fletching

Firemaking

Theiving-kinda a gathering skill but remains of the fastest 99s

Crafting

Slayer with only 2m would take a hell of a lot longer than it should, I wouldn't bother with that.

Cooking

Fletching

Firemaking

Theiving-kinda a gathering skill but remains of the fastest 99s

Crafting

Slayer with only 2m would take a hell of a lot longer than it should, I wouldn't bother with that.

Basic equip:

Whip, Black mask and full rune. Within a few tasks you can buy verac skirt and dh plate or whatever. Rune defender is "free". You'll make enough money for super sets and prayer pots too.

Of course, pietying is out, but besides that. Slaying with 2M is very possible.