~*~ The Forgotten Citadel: High Level Content Inside! ~*~

Ned

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support with pie etc...

I think that it should start not easily but slightly easier for lvl 100 combats and get harder. Also a lot of it seems to need a huge amount of prayer. I dont really understand how you could ever really kill any of these monsters say for slayer as they are all so amazing in each section.

Last point is that much as I and many others would love it there is no way jagex will release so many awesome weapons and armour in one go. Maybe you could have one quest to open the start of the dungeon then another harder one to open the last bit, as this would mean people wouldn't have all this awesome stuff at once.

Overall I love the idea. It would be a real test but only for the absolute best players.

vooovv

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

I support with pie etc...

I think that it should start not easily but slightly easier for lvl 100 combats and get harder. Also a lot of it seems to need a huge amount of prayer. I dont really understand how you could ever really kill any of these monsters say for slayer as they are all so amazing in each section.

Last point is that much as I and many others would love it there is no way jagex will release so many awesome weapons and armour in one go. Maybe you could have one quest to open the start of the dungeon then another harder one to open the last bit, as this would mean people wouldn't have all this awesome stuff at once.

Overall I love the idea. It would be a real test but only for the absolute best players.

vooovv

Approximate Market Values of Rare Drops (initial):

Forgotten Key: 500k-1m Dragon Boots

Ancient Sword: 1m-2m Zamorakian Spear

Infernal Staff: 1m-2m Saradomin Sword

Dark Helmet: 9m-10m Armadyl Helmet

Dark Platebody: 24m-26m Armadyl AND Bandos Chestplate

Dark Platelegs: 16.5m-18m Armadyl Plateskirt AND Bandos Tassets

Dark Amulet: 6m-6.5m Bandos Boots

Chalice of Chaos: 10m-12m FOUR Godsword Hilts were released...

Chalice of Death: 27m-35m

Chalice of Blood: 25m-27m

Ethereal Staff: 110m-120m Godsword Blade

Ethereal Staff of Chaos: 120m-130m FOUR completed Godswords

Ethereal Staff of Death: 140m-150m

Ethereal Staff of Blood: 135m-140m

So yes... They are fully capable of releasing lots and lots of higher level equipment at once...

2dgucz6.png

You are forgetting the whole dragon warhammer and crossbow thing. These in themselves are worthy in individual quests, which is really the main reason I said what I said and also this stuff is very different to that as when the whole godwars dungeons came out the only armours people could use was barrows (or dragon) the only weapons whips or scimmys. Their was a desperate need for more armour weapons etc. This is different as you are making very powerful and possibly unnecessary changes. This isn't trying to subtract from the idea but I think the rewards especially the new drag stuff needs to be toned down.

Thanks to Kadad06 my cousin who got me hooked on this awesome game.

• 2 weeks later...

This...IS SO GREAT!!!

I mean, the classic dungeon on every MMORPG with a final boss on the end, not solo-able !!.

And the rewards...AWESOME!!!.

Maybe you should lower the drop rate, even though it's hard maybe put dragon crossbow on 1/150, rune crossbow kicks [wagon] dragon would just be too pwoerful, better to make it harder to get.

I support 100% (or pie)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

pie

Firstly -

---Demonic Warrior (level-215)

A grey-black lesser demon wearing armor and wielding a large flail

Uses a large flail (similar to Veracs flail, but it uses one hand) and has a maximum hit of 24.

Counts as a spiritual warrior for slayer tasks, and also requires 68 slayer to kill

Extremely Rare Drops: Forgotten Key, Dragon Two-Handed Sword

Notable Drops: Rune Platebody, Rune Battleaxe

Too easy to get D2H, Chaos elemental is much harder. Only way it could work is if the chances for the sword were similar to the KQ and dust devils for d chain (tho not quite as uncommen).

Secondly-

I think that this would be impossible. Mainly for the fact that no one can carry enought supplies to last them the entire journy.

3 commanders. - 40 damage minimum

Various monster damage. - 50 damage minimum + stat and prayer drainage.

Dracaros - 71 instant(worst case senario) + 100's of damage throughout battle. Guessing 200 for calculations sake, yet most likey more with those kind of attacks.

6 rune slots for door.

Various armour etc to change with to adapt to Dracaros attacks.

So, using sharks to eat:

40+50+71+200=361 damage if you only recieve 200 damage from Dracaros

361/20 = 18+6 rune slots for the door = 24 slots.

That leaves 4 slots for armour/ super stat restore and/or prayer pots. -This means that you need to have a decent summoning lvl to hold enought items, and ur BoB not be killed.

So now Thirdly-

Assuming that we need 90+ hit points, 90+ Defense, 90+ Magic, and 90+ range, this would put the player at lvl 88.

BUT we will also need at least 43 prayer, tho this would not last long enough against such prayer draining monsters, so I will put it at an average of 70. 97 combat now.

67 Summoning will also be needed for a decent BoB, the War Tortoise. 105 combat now.

That leaves you with 74 attack and 74 strength for 110 combat. But if you were to say have 90 att and 90 str you would be 120.

Forthly-

With no tele option or run option no one will bring any items that are valuable, but which is needed to defeat Dracaros.

Hope I was not to mean :oops: , and I would comment on the rewards as they seem a bit overpowered, but the I can respect the time and effort that has gone into makeing this brilliant idea. With some slight changes this would have to be a definate :thumbup: .

Gl,

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

pie

Let me say I really love feedback that analyzes my suggestions, it helps me a lot, thanks! :)

Firstly -

---Demonic Warrior (level-215)

A grey-black lesser demon wearing armor and wielding a large flail

Uses a large flail (similar to Veracs flail, but it uses one hand) and has a maximum hit of 24.

Counts as a spiritual warrior for slayer tasks, and also requires 68 slayer to kill

Extremely Rare Drops: Forgotten Key, Dragon Two-Handed Sword

Notable Drops: Rune Platebody, Rune Battleaxe

Too easy to get D2H, Chaos elemental is much harder. Only way it could work is if the chances for the sword were similar to the KQ and dust devils for d chain (tho not quite as uncommen). That was the intended meaning by extremely rare ;)

Secondly-

I think that this would be impossible. Mainly for the fact that no one can carry enought supplies to last them the entire journy.

3 commanders. - 40 damage minimum

Various monster damage. - 50 damage minimum + stat and prayer drainage.

Dracaros - 71 instant(worst case senario) + 100's of damage throughout battle. Guessing 200 for calculations sake, yet most likey more with those kind of attacks.Magic prayer + dragonfire shield will cut out the majority of the magical attacks, unless the team gets within melee range in which case

6 rune slots for door. Only one person needs to cast the spells, although the process for unlocking the door could be changed entirely, like a puzzle or something.

Various armour etc to change with to adapt to Dracaros attacks.

So, using sharks to eat:

40+50+71+200=361 damage if you only recieve 200 damage from Dracaros

361/20 = 18+6 rune slots for the door = 24 slots.

That leaves 4 slots for armour/ super stat restore and/or prayer pots. -This means that you need to have a decent summoning lvl to hold enought items, and ur BoB not be killed.On the whole the BoB shouldn't get attacked unless it is allowed to engage for too long

So now Thirdly-

Assuming that we need 90+ hit points, 90+ Defense, 90+ Magic, and 90+ range, this would put the player at lvl 88.

BUT we will also need at least 43 prayer, tho this would not last long enough against such prayer draining monsters, so I will put it at an average of 70. 97 combat now.

67 Summoning will also be needed for a decent BoB, the War Tortoise. 105 combat now.Almost a must, as it should be, agreed.

That leaves you with 74 attack and 74 strength for 110 combat. But if you were to say have 90 att and 90 str you would be 120.This entire area is meant to be taken on by 120+ players, it is supposed to be an extreme combat situation only survivable by the most powerful players

Forthly-

With no tele option or run option no one will bring any items that are valuable, but which is needed to defeat Dracaros.I forgot to take out the teleblock, it definitely makes it ridiculously dangerous

The intended kills per trip would be around 2-10

Hope I was not to mean :oops: , and I would comment on the rewards as they seem a bit overpowered, but the I can respect the time and effort that has gone into makeing this brilliant idea. With some slight changes this would have to be a definate :thumbup: .

Gl,

This is great feedback, maybe the max hits can be altered slightly.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Eww, just relised how bad red is to read :lol: .

Thanks for posting back. Have cleared up a lot of things. Still kinda don't see how you could manage a 10 kill trip lol, but if it came out I am sure some group could prob manage 40.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Pie! <3:

Very nice and well thought out!

Fully supported!

by the time this reaches runescape, i'll have the stats to own dracaros ;)

or whatever his name was

cba'ed to look for it x'D

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Good idea i support but it all seems like you would need a huge team to even get to the boss and then a even huger team to take out the boss

I thought it through in my head and I think a team of four 120+ players could do this challenge.

Pie! <3:

Very nice and well thought out!

Fully supported!

by the time this reaches runescape, i'll have the stats to own dracaros ;)

or whatever his name was

cba'ed to look for it x'D

Thanks! :)

Great idea, I really like the new items. How long did it you to write this? pie! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It took about two hours, but it was all worth it, I do most of my writing while I skill on RuneScape. (Word open on one half of the screen, RS on the other :P )

Don't forget to post on RSOF! ;)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

(+)

... Holy CABBAGE AND PIE! :lol:

If you don't mind I'm going to go hide under my bed and whimper.

Okay, so I'm a level 83, I'm obviously not going to be doing this any time soon, but SERIOUSLY, that is SCARY!

Supportage.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Everyone like pie! :D

First of all, let me say that it is very obvious you've put a great deal of thought into this idea. Kudos just for that. I have read through the dungeon description and it seems difficult but not impossible to pass through, although it will certainly require many test runs before a well-practiced team can make it to the final level. Certainly its obtainable by some of the highest level players out there. However, the boss monster Dracaros seems to be almost impossibly hard to defeat:

And, of course, if anyone is foolish enough to go within melee range, he will use his most deadly attack and most likely eliminate that player in one hit.

His max hit is 101 and has a good chance of hitting that amount.

If players have an extremely high magical defense, and his attacks deal little damage overtime, he will choose a random player to target with his rare melee attack. He will follow and target this unlucky player for a short duration, and then resume his magical attacks if unsuccessful. If he successfully eliminates this player, he will use melee much more often throughout the fight.

I'm not sure how someone can counter-act this move. Even if players were to purposefully let some of Dracaros' mage or range attacks to hit them, that seems to be an awfully riskly move to make, particularly since you'll be wearing your best equipment and will have sunk a sizeable chunk of change into your food and other inventory supplies. And if a player were to die (even with the gravestone blessed), they stand a very high chance of losing any but their most 3 valuable items since it's almost impossible to find another 4 person team, make their way successfully through Zaro's minions, and enter the final dungeon in an hour.

In addition, one player's death will lead to the more frequent use of melee attacks, potentially causing the death of the rest of the players one by one. The only potential solution I see would be to add a detailed description of Dracaros' lair, perhaps with safespots or obtacles that would block his deadly melee attacks. Basically, if you see him moving towards you, your response should be to immediately run to these locations. This would also contribute to a player's strategy that revolved around luring Dracaros to a position that imobilizes his melee attacks while still leaving him vulnerable to range and mage attacks.

His ice attack is his most devastating magical attack if not protected against. He can deal up to 82 damage to all players in the room at once, and this freezes them for up to 40 seconds. When frozen, players are unable to attack in any way, but can still eat food or drink potions. If players are using protect from magic, the ice will hit a range-based 10 damage (if range prayer is used for some reason, the ice will hit up to 82 instead).

This attack seems almost ridiculously overpowered. Not only does it deal a massive amount of damage, it freezes you for 40 seconds, during which you can do nothing but change prayers and eat, eat, eat away at your sadly limited food supply. Even with the dark amulet you're still stuck for 20 seconds with no way to fight back. I'm not sure if this idea is salvageable unless you decrease the damage or effects, or make its occurance much less common.

Those are my points on problems that I spotted immediately. I'll need some more time to complete digest your lengthy post. :P

Tact.gif

I completely supports this, because it goes right along with one of the major philosophies of runescape: Great risk can potentially equal great gain.

Nice idea dude (even though I wouldn't be able to go there anytime soon), I seriously believe that Jagex should look into this and consider it for a major update as of the end of 2009 or beginning of 2010!

Again you deserve many thumbs up for this amazingly epic stroke of genius. :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: =D>

thragon13.png

[hide=]thragon13.png

thragon13.png

thragon13.png[/hide]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(+)

I support 100% ( high level Content is overdue )

DRACAROS DROP LIST:

100% Drop: Ashes, Spiritual Essence

Common Drops: 40000-70000 Coins, Large Quantities of Runes, Potions, Rune Platebody(2), Dragon Longsword, Dragon Scimitar, Dragon Battleaxe, etc.

Uncommon Drops: 100 Dragon Arrows, 50 Dragon Bolts, Ancient Sword, 3000 Blood Runes

Rare Drops: Dragon Warhammer, Dragon Crossbow, Ancient Sword, Dark Helmet, Dark Platebody, Dark Platelegs, Dark Amulet

Extremely Rare Drops: Chalice of Chaos, Chalice of Death, Chalice of Blood, Ethereal Staff

Thy are the same for uncommon and rare

Great quest i think that will be a grand master quest but where is the rewords for completing the quest ( except for the access to the new dungeon. )

Ps: pie fight :twisted: