Internet dates and meetings!

How2PK

Just like to take this point to remind everyone of the dangers of meeting people you met over the internet. If you are going to meet someone, always meet them in a busy place with a friend or family member.

Better safe than sorry.

Mod Edit ^

I thought I'd open a topic again, and the recent (still going on) meeting of our friends Dusqi and Mad inspired me to make a topic about this subject.

Post about your internetdates, or meetings can be included too, of course!

They went good and you got a relation out of it?

The people were as you expected them to be?

Any real let-downs?

Share it all here!

TS starts! :wink:

I've got one internet-date. It was with a girl I had known for over a year. We lived about a two and a half hour drive from each other. The first 'date' wasn't really a date, we just wanted to get to know each other in real life and look how it went. We decided we went shopping (clothes) together in a fairly big town that was a one hour and fifteen minute train ride for us. The day was fantastic, we had a real good time, took some pictures and we really got to know each other.

After that we decided to have a second meeting; she came to my place for a weekend. We went to the beach for a three hour walk, had enough of conversation and halfway-trough we decided to go into the dunes. loveit.gif We talked a bit, did some fun wrestling, and ended up kissing each other (just some innocent kissing, nothing more or less). spinsmile.gif After some kissing we decided to get back to town, and I took her out to dinner. When we got home later that night my friends arrived and we went out, we had some great partying, but unfortunately she didn't felt too good, so we left at 01:30. She slept at my room, the bed she slept in was a bit crappy, so she fell trough it. and we had an awesome night full off laughs about the cracking bed, very much fun! The day after she went home by train.

In the end we both fell in 'love' with each other, but we (she started talking about it) decided not to start a relationship because of the distance (which is hard on a younger age). I felt pretty bad (that's mildly expressed) for a few weeks and didn't talk to her for a while. After a month or two we got in contact again, talked for long while, she wanted me back, I decided not to do it. Then we havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t talked to each other for over a year (not because had a fight or something, we just didn't bother.) and recently we started talking to each other again. We have fun digging up old memories and maybe we'll have a new 'date', but then not really in the dating atmosphere.

I also had two meetings with people I knew from Runescape.

The first meeting with a friend from Runescape was with ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅDessertÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Nice topic (not toipcs :wink:). I've always enjoyed reading about people meeting up after meeting on the internet, especially rs.

I've never met anyone that I knew online, but I would definetly do it.

Closest I've come was being a few metres away from Ex1le in pub while watching the football (we later found out after talking to each other)

I think everyone else is to scared to meet me :wink: *cough*American

who visited Ediniburgh last year :P *cough*

But yeah I plan to meet nik when I go travelling in the next year or so :)

Just like to take this point to remind everyone of the dangers of meeting people you met over the internet. If you are going to meet someone, always meet them in a busy place with a friend or family member.

Better safe than sorry :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Eheheheh my friend has met a few women off of My_space... he's not had the best luck though :lol:

I'll see if I can dig up his Livejournal :twisted:

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

It didnt work out. :cry:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

There've been a couple of chance meetings between Nathaninch and I, and one scheduled meeting.

We somehow managed to botch them each time :lol:

summerpngwy6.jpg

I've met one person off the internet whose been a good friend online for several years. March was my birthday, and there was a party at mine, so i asked if he wanted to come down, and he said yeah, long story short. We got absolutely bladdered together and spent the next day wallowing in hangovers til about 3pm, then he left and i went back to bed.

We're probably going camping with a bunch of friends soon, which will be most enjoyable :)

logo.jpg

I met Trin online and long story short: Win :P

I also met I_goddess_I (Mel) once in the city, and again on my 18th (that didn't go down well though) and um i3lacki2ose (Emma) twice.

I meet up with Rizla every week... then again I did know him before RS/Tipit lol. I'm supposed to be meeting Mad in November when I travel to NYC which should be good and possible going to NL to see Daan. Ive not ever had an online relationship kinda thing tho so I have no plans to meet up with any girls in that sense but theres plenty of Off Topicers id love to meet up with for a pint.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No i havent, but ive always wondered if i have met anyone from on here accidentily. I dont know of many people that live near me on here, but dosent BMW live in Toronto? thats like close.

Me

you

BMW

Mr Putter...

We all live in the same city.

But fat chance im leaving my house!

Go leafs!

On a side note, half a dozen people from my clan also live in Toronto.

Go figure...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

No i havent, but ive always wondered if i have met anyone from on here accidentily. I dont know of many people that live near me on here, but dosent BMW live in Toronto? thats like close.

Me

you

BMW

Mr Putter...

Go leafs!

Go figure...

Oh well i didnt mean I live in Toronto. I live in Hamilton, so its only an hours drive. hmmm So close, yet so far...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Me

you

BMW

Mr Putter...

Go leafs!

Go figure...

Oh well i didnt mean I live in Toronto. I live in Hamilton, so its only an hours drive. hmmm So close, yet so far...

Me & Nate = st. kitts ;)

summerpngwy6.jpg

I meet up with Rizla every week... then again I did know him before RS/Tipit lol. I'm supposed to be meeting Mad in November when I travel to NYC which should be good and possible going to NL to see Daan. Ive not ever had an online relationship kinda thing tho so I have no plans to meet up with any girls in that sense but theres plenty of Off Topicers id love to meet up with for a pint.

Or two? :P

Anyway where is Frome? Never heard of it but you might be closer to be than you think.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Just wondering Merc, I was listening to radio one at the weekend, and Jensen Button was on the phone chatting. Do you know if he comes from Frome, because he pro-nounced it Froom and said he hates it when people pronounce it wrong.

Just wondering, it made me think of you.

On topic: I dont think I'd ever want to meet someone on the internet, but maybe thats because i dont generally hang around with certain people for a long period of time, meaning i dont get to know people on the personal level i would perhaps like to.

Never say never, but i cant see me doing it any time soon.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Anyway where is Frome? Never heard of it but you might be closer to be than you think.

frome9bz.th.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/ Search for it. :P

I live about 20-25 miles away from Danabis and about 45-50 miles away from Phil. I probably wouldn't attempt to meet Dan, he has a bad streak in him. :wink: Phil's a good guy but I'm a terrible conversationalist, so more than likely I'd bore him to death. :P Although getting bombed out my head on alcohol sounds like fun. :lol:

Edit: I also live about 10-15 miles away from Bacon2003... Hehe sorry man. :P

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

I've talked about meeting up with both Nik and Runegirlie, but nothing even remotely close to actual plans has popped up. Hopefully I'll meet both of them one day. :)

tomato1ry.png

Nope, never met any of you smegheads and nor do I intend.

Kidding! :D

There's people here I'd really like to meet, but to be honest if any of you had the chance I'd still say hey. So if any of y'all are near Liverpool sometime (Or better yet, the Wirral) you're very welcome to have a visit from me (if you dare).

Plus, if any of you golf enthusiasts want to see the British Open next year you can come here. I'm practically half a mile from the course. :P

I've talked about meeting up with both Nik and Runegirlie, but nothing even remotely close to actual plans has popped up. Hopefully I'll meet both of them one day. :)
I could've met Runegirlie when she was here in Aussie a while ago :(

Damn Navy or whatnot, another few days and it would've been possible :P

frome9bz.th.jpg

http://maps.google.co.uk/ Search for it. :P

I live about 20-25 miles away from Danabis and about 45-50 miles away from Phil. I probably wouldn't attempt to meet Dan, he has a bad streak in him. :wink: Phil's a good guy but I'm a terrible conversationalist, so more than likely I'd bore him to death. :P Although getting bombed out my head on alcohol sounds like fun. :lol:

Edit: I also live about 10-15 miles away from Bacon2003... Hehe sorry man. :P

Still haven't figured out those Googly map things, must try sometime :)

Anyway i live in Leeds so i'm pretty much nowhere near Frome, although i must pass pretty close on my way to Cornwall (i go there twice a year).

Thanks for the map though

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Frome --> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Frome,+ ... 0352&hl=en

Pronounced Froom

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nope, never met any of you smegheads and nor do I intend.

Kidding! :D

There's people here I'd really like to meet, but to be honest if any of you had the chance I'd still say hey. So if any of y'all are near Liverpool sometime (Or better yet, the Wirral) you're very welcome to have a visit from me (if you dare).

Plus, if any of you golf enthusiasts want to see the British Open next year you can come here. I'm practically half a mile from the course. :P

Wait wait, people actually travel to liverpool? :P I've actually been to wirral tons and tons of times, we have old friends who live up there. I've only met one person from inet, Tepster aka Da str tep. Met him a few times and went to theme parks.

I have plenty that I want to meet, but it seems no one lives within a few hours of where I do soo... yeah >.<

Gonna see about doing something with a few RS friends senior summer vacation (READ: road trip!)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never met anyone through this site, but a couple of days ago i met a girl who i'd been talking to on a website that is censored here (although that doesn't narrow it down, hald of the English language seems to be censored). We'd been chatting for a while before realising that we actually live about 20 miles apart, so we decided to meet up on Friday. Went pretty well, i got on with her really well and we'll definitely be meeting up again this week.

And to the dude who asked about Jenson Button, yes he was born in Frome. He actually went to the same college as Matt and myself (although not at the same time).

Edit: sorry for bumping a relatively old topic, it's dusqi's fault for linking me to it.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Does noone actually live in london anymore? :x

I'm going to Dorset in a week if anyone's there. (last time i went the average age seemed to be about 94. :shock: )

I also might be going to cornwall with another mate if anyone lives there. :P