Is there anything that can't kill you?-No supercannons!

baalboy5

Tortoise that argument is like saying; you cant kill me with 10000000000000000000000000 tons of gold because there is none.

What we're debating is a single droplet of purified water though. If we could add to anything to these suggestions then obviously everything could kill you. You could rub that 1 droplet on the end of a sword and stab yourself through the heart, but it's not the droplet that killed you, it's the sword.

Btw kudos if you actually understand what I'm saying as I know it's a really weird way of explaining my thoughts but it's the best I got at this late hour.

I get what you mean but its hard to get one drop of PURE H2O without any bacteria or what not

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An erection?

Priapism. Maybe not deadly to the person, but possibly to the...little person.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

An erection?

If I lost my 'little person' I would kill myself, not sure if that counts or not but I felt like proving myself wrong.

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

Split the atoms. BOOM.

Next?

There's absolutely no explosion when you split hydrogen from oxygen, sorry.

I think she meant split the atoms themselves, not the molecule as a whole.

And hydrogen atoms/oxygen atoms just explode when you break them down? This doesn't make sense at all... at any rate, if you do manage to make it explode, you do realize it is at an ATOMIC level? :roll:

Meet my friend, the water jet cutter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter

If you don't think it can kill you, you're wrong.

Errrr.... we're still talking about a purified drop of water, and the fact that the cutter doesn't work by using a single drop of water pretty much concludes that I'm still right.

I'm sure if you reused the same drop over and over it would eventually cut you.

The droplet of water would gain too much friction energy which will heat it up to evaporation before it ever cuts my skin. Plus, like cannibalism said, such a machine does not/will not ever exist because it would be physically impossible.

Do you know how an atomic bomb works? I can assure you, it's at an atomic level as well.

An erection?

If I lost my 'little person' I would kill myself, not sure if that counts or not but I felt like proving myself wrong.

You had a closed blood system, while having a near-death supply of blood. The erection would cause you to lose some, keeping it long enough resulting in death.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Tortoise that argument is like saying; you cant kill me with 10000000000000000000000000 tons of gold because there is none.

What we're debating is a single droplet of purified water though. If we could add to anything to these suggestions then obviously everything could kill you. You could rub that 1 droplet on the end of a sword and stab yourself through the heart, but it's not the droplet that killed you, it's the sword.

Btw kudos if you actually understand what I'm saying as I know it's a really weird way of explaining my thoughts but it's the best I got at this late hour.

I get what you mean but its hard to get one drop of PURE H2O without any bacteria or what not

It's also hard to create a phsically impossible water jet cutter with a single drop of water, but that wasn't excluded from the discussion...

Its the FIRST drop of water that can kill you the others are worthless.

If a machine gun kills you with the first bullet and keeps firing 10-20 more bullets its the first that kills you not the others.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

the first drop wouldnt kill you, the summation of every drops power is what causes it to cut. The tip of the bullet doesnt kill you, the whole bullet does.

In theory if you fired one drop of water at that speed it would have the power to kill.

Because you cant you have to use other water to help but in theroy its only the first drop that can kill.

For the bullet thing it is the whole bullet but if you shoot a machine gun and hit a person several times its only the first bullet that kills (if it does)

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Even without a water cutter, we can establish that a drop of water can indeed kill you.

Yeah I see that.

EDIT: Basically that can be the answer for everything, which is kind of cheating lol. Say something, and to prove it can kill you all you have to say is, "Well if it was shot at you fast enough..." or "If it was moving fast enough..." Anything physical can technically be "launched", which is what this thread is about, physical things.

Big_Stingman.png

Even without a water cutter, we can establish that a drop of water can indeed kill you.

Yeah I see that.

EDIT: Basically that can be the answer for everything, which is kind of cheating lol. Say something, and to prove it can kill you all you have to say is, "Well if it was shot at you fast enough..." or "If it was moving fast enough..." Anything physical can technically be "launched", which is what this thread is about, physical things.

Actually, they have been saying "we will split it and the energy will kill you" or "use antimatter to cause an explosion" a lot of things cant kill you without using cheap stuff like that.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Yeah I see that.

Actually, they have been saying "we will split it and the energy will kill you" or "use antimatter to cause an explosion" a lot of things cant kill you without using cheap stuff like that.

Its not cheap its possible.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Foam protected rooms. Those can't kill you. I mean you'll die from old age but the foam won't change that.

Rip off foam, attempt to eat foam, choke on foam, die.

In that case, wouldn't it be your stupidity that killed you and not the foam? Although that would be a hilarious way to die :lol:

wl7w9j.png

[hide=]

Yeah I see that.

Its not cheap its possible.

[/hide]

its cheap even though it is possible.

to the above, being drunk is what kills you not the water drop, if your so intoxicated that a drop of water causes you to drive off the road its safe to say something else would have done it soon.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Split the atoms. BOOM.

Next?

There's absolutely no explosion when you split hydrogen from oxygen, sorry.

I think she meant split the atoms themselves, not the molecule as a whole.

And hydrogen atoms/oxygen atoms just explode when you break them down? This doesn't make sense at all... at any rate, if you do manage to make it explode, you do realize it is at an ATOMIC level? :roll:

Meet my friend, the water jet cutter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_jet_cutter

If you don't think it can kill you, you're wrong.

Errrr.... we're still talking about a purified drop of water, and the fact that the cutter doesn't work by using a single drop of water pretty much concludes that I'm still right.

I'm sure if you reused the same drop over and over it would eventually cut you.

The droplet of water would gain too much friction energy which will heat it up to evaporation before it ever cuts my skin. Plus, like cannibalism said, such a machine does not/will not ever exist because it would be physically impossible.

Do you know how an atomic bomb works? I can assure you, it's at an atomic level as well.

wow, you've opened my eyes. I had no idea the atomic bomb worked on an atomic level.

For all of you who think splitting atoms can kill you: do us all a favour and wikipedia atomic bombs, and understand the concept of nuclear fission.

And for the second time, you cannot just shoot a droplet of water out of a cannon. It would disperse immediately and thus will be unable to kill you. The argument of jet water cutters is also invalid since it uses abrasive substances to actually cut the metal, and we're talking about a pure droplet of water. It also relies on a constant supply of high pressure water, because, again, ONE droplet of water cannot kill you.

hiccup.png

Good to know a drop of water can't kill \' I keep that in mind next time a guy threatens me with a drop of water :?

Still though, that it? just a pure drop of water?

By the way, how come no one said if it was a big drop of water? last time I checked a drop of water is when it makes that oval shape before splattin to the ground :^o

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

There is a difference between an amount of water that's required to drown a person, and an amount of water that a person could survive - and a single drop of water covers that difference.

Making up a figure, let's say it requires 30 mL. Now, you're lying on your back and unconcious when someone decides to pour 29.9 mL of water into your mouth - not enough to kill you. BUT WAIT! By pure coincidence you just so happen to be lying under a sink, and a single droplet of water drips off the facet and into your mouth, thus putting you over the 30 mL mark. You die.

P.S. - Can we include location into our answers? Because something like a penny on the opposite side of the earth couldn't kill you. Or can it only be a physical thing?

To above poster - there is a size limit that a drop of water can reach (on earth at least) thanks to physics (and it's fairly small).

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

There is a difference between an amount of water that's required to drown a person, and an amount of water that a person could survive - and a single drop of water covers that difference.

Making up a figure, let's say it requires 30 mL. Now, you're lying on your back and unconcious when someone decides to pour 29.9 mL of water into your mouth - not enough to kill you. BUT WAIT! By pure coincidence you just so happen to be lying under a sink, and a single droplet of water drips off the facet and into your mouth, thus putting you over the 30 mL mark. You die.

P.S. - Can we include location into our answers? Because something like a penny on the opposite side of the earth couldn't kill you. Or can it only be a physical thing?

To above poster - there is a size limit that a drop of water can reach (on earth at least) thanks to physics (and it's fairly small).

It has to by physical.

Ps: A frozen drop of water could kill. GF ALASKIANS

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png