Is there anything that can't kill you?-No supercannons!

baalboy5

Okay PurePrayer, with your freaking super-cannon defying all physical rules:

Even if you do manage to launch a droplet of water (liquid or frozen) at light speed, it's density would not permit it to penetrate your skin (ESPECIALLY frozen water). Also, have you ever heard of terminal velocity? Unless you glue your head to the tip of the cannon, the droplet of water will slow down instantly as soon as it leaves the cannon.

Anything high speed =/= death, especially if it has such a low density as water.

Also, for the guy who posted the "final droplet to drown"... That doesn't even make sense. A droplet is considered to be 1mL is most cases, and I can't imagine how it would make any difference about allowing you to breathe or not. The fact that you set a value to the tipping point of drowning (it was 30mL i believe), is the first flaw. If you're passed out, your throat has to be filled completely with water. Since that's a heck of a lot of water, adding or removing one droplet will change absolutely nothing. The tipping point is much larger than just +/- one drop of water, is what i'm getting at.

OWNED.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you do manage to launch a droplet of water (liquid or frozen) at light speed, it's density would not permit it to penetrate your skin (ESPECIALLY frozen water). Also, have you ever heard of terminal velocity? Unless you glue your head to the tip of the cannon, the droplet of water will slow down instantly as soon as it leaves the cannon.

Anything high speed =/= death, especially if it has such a low density as water.

You could have just said the droplet would have evaporated and spared me the tl;dr.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Also, for the guy who posted the "final droplet to drown"... That doesn't even make sense. A droplet is considered to be 1mL is most cases, and I can't imagine how it would make any difference about allowing you to breathe or not. The fact that you set a value to the tipping point of drowning (it was 30mL i believe), is the first flaw. If you're passed out, your throat has to be filled completely with water. Since that's a heck of a lot of water, adding or removing one droplet will change absolutely nothing. The tipping point is much larger than just +/- one drop of water, is what i'm getting at.

I said up front it was a made up value, I know it's higher than 30mL but it was an 'example'. Also, there obviously has to be a tipping point because if you do it drop at a time, eventually the person will die. Just like how an inch can be the difference between surviving a fall and death.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Who said you aren't gluing your head to the tip of the cannon?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I'm thinking now that there isn't anything in this world that can't kill you. It's either launched at close to light speed or having a lack/failure of it kills you (i.e. food, internal organs).

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'm thinking now that there isn't anything in this world that can't kill you. It's either launched at close to light speed or having a lack/failure of it kills you (i.e. food, internal organs).

But an internal organ can't kill you, it would fail to keep you alive. Its like if a doctor is unable to save a patient, he doesnt kill them (usually :P), he fails to save them.

But an internal organ can't kill you, it would fail to keep you alive. Its like if a doctor is unable to save a patient, he doesnt kill them (usually :P), he fails to save them.

Don't bother trying to conclude the thread.. there's always going to be someone who thinks they know the answer.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

Except for the slight problem that no one knows how to make a launcher that shoots something at close to light speed...

...without disintegrating them.

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Except for the slight problem that no one knows how to make a launcher that shoots something at close to light speed...

I don't see why it would disintegrate in a vaccuum. There would be no friction or heat, so the droplet would keep on truckin'.

I don't see why it would disintegrate in a vaccuum. There would be no friction or heat, so the droplet would keep on truckin'.

How'd you get it to fire at light speed anyway?Surely not a rubber band.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Agreed. I'm getting kinda tired of the constant "Shot at high speed" replies. We need something new like eg. Chair. Chair can be thrown onto you, causing concussion and being in coma/brain dead for a few days which will eventually lead to your death, or someone shoving a chair down your throat or something..

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Nobody. You're still faced with the problem that water is not dense and the fact that your skin is an organ system which main function is to protect the body. Even at high speed, one droplet doesn't stand a chance versus skin.

hiccup.png

Nobody. You're still faced with the problem that water is not dense and the fact that your skin is an organ system which main function is to protect the body. Even at high speed, one droplet doesn't stand a chance versus skin.

Its frozen.

PS: Organs can be replaced with replacement organs (machine heart or even a transplant) and you other organs fired at you.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Its frozen.

Frozen water is even less dense than liquid water. Ever notice how fish don't get crushed every winter?

PS: Organs can be replaced with replacement organs (machine heart or even a transplant) and you other organs fired at you.

...wat

hiccup.png

Its frozen.

Frozen water is even less dense than liquid water. Ever notice how fish don't get crushed every winter?

...wat

You can get a machine to pump your blood for you (for a limited time)

Fish dont get crushed by normal water either. And JFK died from an ice bullet.

About it being less dense this is true so what if it gets into your bloodstream, melts, and the air bubbles in the drop of ice water kills you?

STOP THE [bleep]-ING POSTS ABOUT SMILIES THIS THREAD IS ABOUT PHYSICAL THINGS

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

The ":twss:" smilie

Etch it onto a metal disk with sharp edges and cut your throat with it.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

the reason you cant launch a drop of water at near light speed is that the speed of each particle of water would pull the droplet apart. try throwing a snow ball made from loose powder and you get an example of what will happen.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

can we drop the water thing please

(cookie if you get it)

lol...... :roll:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

JFK was killed by an ice bullet lol? Okay that may be incredibly true, and seeing as I don't follow these things, I will not believe it until someone cites the sources.

Its a myth (possibly true) that HE was killed by one but the ice bullet has been remade and tested to work.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

JFK was killed by an ice bullet lol? Okay that may be incredibly true, and seeing as I don't follow these things, I will not believe it until someone cites the sources.

Its a myth (possibly true) that HE was killed by one but the ice bullet has been remade and tested to work.

Oh, if it's a myth then I don't care. But I guess that's why they never found the bullet? because it would have melted?

Thats what we found, no bullet.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

A drop of water at a speed slightly slower than light, in a vacuum is going to damage anything with less momentum. Period. There is no friction, so it's not going to disperse until it increases in speed, which its mass will infinitely approach zero parallel to the speed it reaches.
hopesolopatriot.jpg