Is there anything that can't kill you?-No supercannons!

baalboy5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know that light can move objects

Whoa, wait, what? That's interesting. Didn't know that. So the sci-fi idea of space-sailing is actually somewhat plausible?

It's more than plausible, it's pretty much confirmed that a solar sail would work. Problem is that it's slow as hell making it pretty much worthless.

That's AWESOME.

I also think it's insane how much power are in such tiny little atoms. When people get split, you just get a mess, you know?

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Whoa, wait, what? That's interesting. Didn't know that. So the sci-fi idea of space-sailing is actually somewhat plausible?

It's more than plausible, it's pretty much confirmed that a solar sail would work. Problem is that it's slow as hell making it pretty much worthless.

That's AWESOME.

I also think it's insane how much power are in such tiny little atoms. When people get split, you just get a mess, you know?

Light doesn't tend to move anything in an environment such as Earth; there's to many variables. You'd need to be in a vacuum to see it. And, light isn't made of atoms, if you were referring to light.

Almost every post I read of yours is a lesson. It's really helpful. (No sarcam)
Thanks. :P
hopesolopatriot.jpg

That's AWESOME.

Yeah, but it takes an insane amount of energy to split an atom in the first place. Even more for the quarks.

Sweet, so far 2 things can't kill me,Neutrinos and a oxygen atom

Woot. :thumbsup:

I'll keep this in mind when someone threatens me with nuerons agian :mrgreen:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

A Neutrino cannot possibly kill you, they have near-zero mass, go near the speed of light, and rarely interact with any matter. (In 1 second, about 50 trillion Neutrinos have passed through my body.)
The speed of light defines that it has near infinite potential energy. The fact that it has a mass of near zero defines that it's putting this potential energy in a small area. Splitting near infinite energy is always a bad thing.

Sweet, so far 2 things can't kill me, nuerons and a oxygen atom

Woot.

I'll keep this in mind when someone threatens me with nuerons agian

We just defined that both of those have the potential to kill.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

A Neutrino cannot possibly kill you, they have near-zero mass, go near the speed of light, and rarely interact with any matter. (In 1 second, about 50 trillion Neutrinos have passed through my body.)
The speed of light defines that it has near infinite potential energy. The fact that it has a mass of near zero defines that it's putting this potential energy in a small area. Splitting near infinite energy is always a bad thing.

God, why do you have to be so smart -.-

Sweet, so far 2 things can't kill me, nuerons and a oxygen atom

Woot.

I'll keep this in mind when someone threatens me with nuerons agian

We just defined that both of those had the potential to kill.

I stand corrected, took me a minute to figure it all out.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

I stated that Neutrinos travel near the speed of light; not at it, and to split a Neutrino would take massive amounts of energy because they barely interact with any matter. (besides anti-matter)

catch.jpg

Veni, vidi, vici - Julius Caesar

I stated that Neutrinos travel near the speed of light; not at it, and to split a Neutrino would take massive amounts of energy because they barely interact with any matter. (besides anti-matter)
I stated "near" as well. The fact that it would take large amounts of energy is irrelevant. It has the possibility.

Id somewhat challenge the oxygen atom being split scenario, if the death requires either an atom splitter or anti matter Id say thats two things killing you.
You can split any atom. I suppose you could consider it two seperate killing matters, but one without the other doesn't produce anything.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Can a sound wave kill?

I know it can deaf people but thats it right.

It can kill you, at upwards of 200 decibels; because it causes your organs to oscillate and is also the equivalent of being plunged 30 feet underwater dozens of times a second.

catch.jpg

It can kill you, at upwards of 200 decibels; because it causes your organs to oscillate and is also the equivalent of being plunged 30 feet underwater dozens of times a second.

Where did you learn this stuff? O_O

What ossillate mean? blown up?

Yup. The Nazis also developed a "sound gun" during WWII.

Where did you learn this stuff? O_O

What ossillate mean? blown up?

Oscillation is the repetitive variation, typically in time, of some measure about a central value (often a point of equilibrium) or between two or more different states.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Or there could be a sound with the same resonance frequency as your bones and they would explode in your body. Similar to this but with a person.

They did? Did it actually work?

Or there could be a sound with the same resonance frequency as your bones and they would explode in your body. Similar to this but with a person.

Don't you think they would've used it then? :lol:

But lets wait for Laura's reply

If it worked on us it would've worked on them too. They'd be doing as much damage to themselves as they were to us. :P

To induce Nuclear Fission, a Neutron has to bombard fissionable matter and cause it to decay into lighter nuclei and many types of radiation. Also, a neutrino is much much much smaller than a Neutron so thats out of the question and even if they were to collide they would bounce off of each other because a neutron has no charge.

EDIT: There are AT LEAST 33,154,680,000,000,000,000 Neutrinos bombarding the earth every second, so isn't there a remote possibility of a neutrino splitting and destroying the Earth with its "near-infinite potential energy"?

catch.jpg

They did. But they never did, because they were essentially like setting up something as big as a stage in the middle of the battle field. Sound would come out of two separate "speakers" that looked like a giant tuba. So they were inefficient to set up, and they never could actually kill anyone.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

To induce Nuclear Fission, a Neutron has to bombard fissionable matter and cause it to decay into lighter nuclei and many types of radiation. Also, a neutrino is much much much smaller than a Neutron so thats out of the question and even if they were to collide they would bounce off of each other because a neutron has no charge.

EDIT: There are AT LEAST 33,154,680,000,000,000,000 Neutrinos bombarding the earth every second, so isn't there a remote possibility of a neutrino splitting and destroying the Earth with its "near-infinite potential energy"?

Nothing in nature has that kind of energy.

EDIT: Sorry! Double post! :wall:

hopesolopatriot.jpg