Is there anything that can't kill you?-No supercannons!

baalboy5

Or there could be a sound with the same resonance frequency as your bones and they would explode in your body. Similar to this but with a person.

It can kill you, at upwards of 200 decibels; because it causes your organs to oscillate and is also the equivalent of being plunged 30 feet underwater dozens of times a second.
Yup. The Nazis also developed a "sound gun" during WWII.

They did? Did it actually work?

Don't you think they would've used it then? :lol:

But lets wait for Laura's reply

They did. But they never did, because they were essentially like setting up something as big as a stage in the middle of the battle field. Sound would come out of two separate "speakers" that looked like a giant tuba. So they were inefficient to set up, and they never could actually kill anyone.

But they were annoying to listen to :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That still doesn't mean that its possible. If it could of happened it would of, and it would of most likely be detected.
What? We have yet to split an electron or any other particle for nuclear purposes. Detected? What do you mean? I'm saying that nothing nature can do could possibly split something such as that.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

So, you just said that it is not possible for a Neutrino to be split by man or by nature?
Well, when I refer to nature I usually mean other than man. In other words, a bunch of neutrinos crashing into any given matter particle is rare at best, and having enough force to completely split it is near impossible (in nature). Sorry, I should have clarified.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Push the bread behind the eyeball.

Dang it! Crafty answer, young padawan. What about...

The Tip.It logo!?!

Stare at the screen till you get eye cancer?

Make a life sized version of it, and then use it to crush people. Muhahaha. :idea:

Yes, people can get eye cancer.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Actually, talking about collisions with Neutrinos; they are detected by colliding with other particles which produces minuscule amounts of energy.
Ah yes. I'm sorry, I was stuck on another particle, suggested earlier. You're right though, if I remember correctly, they build labs underground to detect them while using other particles, yes. Much like detection of gravitons. And like you said, that they have an almost nonexistent mass, that would mean, by relativity, that neutrinos are slower than light but yet approach a speed slightly slower. And on that note, I have a few particle physics books hanging around here somewhere.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Abyssal, would you die if i sent a Kilogram of Gold hurtling at you near the speed of light? (yes it is possible, think LHCx10/black holes)

Or we could just throw gold bricks at him...

Or crush his feeble body beneath the weight of a bank vault sized block.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I can assume/say that neutrinos cannot kill you; also a Neutrino can only produce what energy it has/is given to it. (Even though they travel near-lightspeed they are extremely small and low energy, i think its about 1-50 electronvolts, anymore and the universe would collapse on itself.

catch.jpg

Veni, vidi, vici - Julius Caesar

I seriously can't follow the whole nuetrios thing :wall:

Surely there must be something common known/man made that can't kill?

And lets be rational about the speed of it, I doubt anything man-mad can be thrown at the speed of light+2

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I seriously can't follow the whole nuetrios thing :wall:

Surely there must be something common known/man made that can't kill?

And lets be rational about the speed of it, I doubt anything man-mad can be thrown at the speed of light+2

Nothing can go faster than light (or so I've been told) but remember, in a vacuum, things can keep going faster and faster with no restraints. Solar sails theoretically could get you up to the speed of light, but it would take a while.

Speed of light +2 what?

Also relatively, a person can run faster than light, think refractive index + super-cooled sodium gas.

Well yeah but that's tampered light, not natural direct sunlight...

speed of light+2 was sarcasm.

Sorry :lol:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

How about a grain of sand?

If you or the grain of sand are moving at a high enough speed and collide the energy transfer would obliterate you and the grain of sand.

yeah, I think I heard somewhere that a pulsar (or quasar?) is so dense that if a speck of dust gets caught by its gravity, the impact is like a nuclear bomb.

If you or the grain of sand are moving at a high enough speed and collide the energy transfer would obliterate you and the grain of sand.

Surely the grian wouldn't be able to stay still while moving at such a speed? wouldn't it get teared apart?

yeah, I think I heard somewhere that a pulsar (or quasar?) is so dense that if a speck of dust gets caught by its gravity, the impact is like a nuclear bomb.

Could you give me a link, or tell me the name of the show you heard it on?

catch.jpg

Veni, vidi, vici - Julius Caesar