who is the oldest player on runescape?

limparse

Ages ago on rsc I knew someone who was 88 and played. Well that's what they said anyway, there isn't really any way to know for sure but they were a lot higher in levels than me and thus didn't need anything from me so I doubt they would've just been making it up to get my sympathy or anything like that. Anyway I think her rsname was thelibrarian and she said her heart was bad so sitting at home was all she could do. I can't find her on high scores so I guess she doesn't still play....she might have even died, who knows.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowgravity, you're case is a very rare one and i can assure you that most young adults (thats what their called now :lol:) that play this game, mostly play because they want to and not because they dont have anything better to do ;) If you think of it, out of the 500,000 ppl that play this game, think of the amount of teenagers, then ask urself, how many of them could possibly be ill? You my friend are one of them, but just because you are one in probably one tenth of the population (thats just my assumption as there's no proper way of distinguishing (sp?) them from any other. Im happy this game has helped you co-operate with ur problems in life, but some ppl play this game just for the fun of it and do it even if they have better things to do, respect them as well as ur elders because since you told me about ur problem, you too are somebody to be respected ;)

Lowgravity, you're case is a very rare one and i can assure you that most young adults (thats what their called now :lol:) that play this game, mostly play because they want to and not because they dont have anything better to do ;) If you think of it, out of the 500,000 ppl that play this game, think of the amount of teenagers, then ask urself, how many of them could possibly be ill? You my friend are one of them, but just because you are one in probably one tenth of the population (thats just my assumption as there's no proper way of distinguishing (sp?) them from any other. Im happy this game has helped you co-operate with ur problems in life, but some ppl play this game just for the fun of it and do it even if they have better things to do, respect them as well as ur elders because since you told me about ur problem, you too are somebody to be respected ;)

Yeah I don't care why people play what annoys me is when people make mindless insults for a joke that could be quite hurtful to someone irl even if they are just words :? .. Especially since Adults are supposed to be more mature..

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

infact i dont give a * about my leaders... arabs are brainwashed, and thats the truth.

brainwashed to hate israel, and they will not rest untill the jews are demolished, they even have it in there bibble the "Kuran".

they dont want peace, trust me, its been offered to them. they want everything...

:wink: Sounds typical Jewish! There are always at least two sides to a conflict (not saying if either side is right or wrong). Sadly how this conflict started decades ago and the younger generations don't really perhaps know what they are fighting for!? I hear your frustration but am saddenned by the fact that some problems will never be overcome till such time differences can be put aside for hope of achieving something better. Only problem imo is the 'religion' aspect as that is what seems to be fueling the whole conflict.

Anyhow, Im 28 and my wife is 26. I play member regularly and my wife f2p whenever she can. I hope that rs will b around when Im retired also. The joy of my life is almost 15 months old and he already knows what the mouse is used for. My brother inlaw is a gamer also and he is 21.

Thanks to everyone for their support for the 'older' generation of gamers. It may seem that there are fewer and fewer gamers as we became consumed with life expectations such as work and family. :wink:

Right stop with the terrorism/war posts now.

Lets get this topic back on track.

Oopsy, sorry about that.

I would like to say, by the time i reach an age where i have nothing left to do, rs or any similar game would be a great choice, maybe one day i can become the oldest player :lol: i just see my grandparents.. doing nothing and say to myself "what a shame", so i hope i will be one of those geezers and from the age of 60+ play rs till i die, because then i'll truely die happily, happy from the fact i had a great past, and had fun at the present.

~Dee m~

i know the real Crunch_Killa's parents play

Mrs. Keeler is in her 40's...char's name is like Foxxy Mama or somthing like that...

i know his dad plays too...unsure of the age

his mom is a very high combat though...might b 99 hp by now

It sure is nice to see that there is such a variety of people playing. I'm only 43 - and I've been playing RS for several years now - when time permits. My only wish is that some people would take some time to learn such things as spelling and not resort to the dreaded netspeak - not normal acronyms or abbreviations like lol or brb.. but

4 xampl wen wudz r sepld rong n u 1/2 2 figr ot watz sed n ors go by

It so drives me crazy!

Translation.. For example, when words are spelled wrong and you have to figure out what is said and hours go by.

I'm 38, married with 3 kids. Just tell them who's the nolifer? they're what, 13-18, and could be on a date or out with friends, but sitting home playing rs instead?

That tends to shut them up.

Glad your wife is ok. That's dang close. :shock:

Are you kidding? "Damn those young kids could be going out damn no lifers, see I am 38 and I have a wife and 3 kids and im playing Runescape but im not a no lifer they are" :roll:

I'm 14 and you are the most ignorant person I have met in a while, idiot's like you don't tend to think why people are playing runescape when they could be outside? MAYBE THEY ARE ILL? Like me, I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Myalgic Encelopathy which i've had for 3 years and Runescape has helped me cope by providing me something to do since I am not able to do stuff as well as other kids, seriously you are a fool.

Calm the heck down. First off, I have a HUSBAND, not a wife, I am not an idiot, I am not ignorant, and I am no fool. You missed the WHOLE essence of my post and you have really stuck your big fat foot in your mouth. Guess what, I dont care why people are playing runescape when they could be outside, unless it's a friend whose life I am interested in. It gets very frustrating to be told time after time by 13-year-olds that I have no life, and I only use that when kids, not unlike yourself, jump to conclusions, thinking they know all about me by telling me that I must have no life because I'm an adult who plays a computer game. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine and that's why it works, kids hate to take medicine. You flew completely off the handle by assuming you knew where I was coming from. You called me an ignorant fool when you clearly didnt even understand what I meant. Your illness is unfortunate, but it doesnt give you licence to act like that.

jfroggy

I'd still be considered a young player (only 20) but it's mostly the ppl that are 18 and up that generally show respect to other players on the game and when I played I didn't like dealing with all the mouthy little kids. I had a few friends on the game that were quite a bit older than me and I enjoyed their company. I believe Chevyredone is 39 and lameclod (if he still plays) should be around 51 (I always bugged him to go pking but he said he shook when he pked, lol)

At 16 myself (Really quite young compared to many many of you) I find myself to be DECADES more Mature than the average player.

The average person I see around act like they are 7, and the incredabily sad thing is, this is occuring on Member servers, once, back in the day a Safe Haven for people who wished to play the game, with extra benefits aswell, but it was also to escape the Free World mentality. ( I know its a generalization, I know 2 extreamly nice and well mannered people who have, and probably will be Pure F2P, but unfortuneatly the masses give the minority a bad name)

I am fairly certain that 90% of Tip.it Moderators / Admins are over 18 Years old.

I find it somewhat disturbing that the immature people find the need to insult people once they learn their age, Jealousy perhaps. Someone who says 'pmg no lifer! ahaha' Really really need to have someone teach them a lesson (Note: I do not mean resorting to Violence, but helping the people understand that insulting a person older than them for assumedly "no lifing" because they are old them. I'm sure they wouldn't do it to an elders face, but it seems that the 'You can't get to me I'm behind a computer screen' makes peoples manners dissapear.)

~Chaosbringer

Right stop with the terrorism/war posts now.

Lets get this topic back on track.

i agree with Phil, enough of this nonsense, i only mentioned it to explain how i got to mention my wife, not to highlight the incidents, so no more please.

i have had a fantastic response from people of all ages contacting me on the game to say hi, and that there are other people my age and older out there.

shame we cant fletch walking sticks, we could shake them at our younger abusers lol

2hrmo37.jpg
limparse.png

I'm very surprised the amount of people who are over 20 who play this game, especially the ones who have played since RS1, it's a kids game.

And Frog no-one has any reason to call somebody a no-lifer, you are encouraging them to continue to do it by retaliating, not only that you will be showing them that even adults do it, so that it must be O.K, and someone else is going to see you say it and then will take after you continuing the whole circle again which is how insults like that get around.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

OK, I'm done being lectured by a 14-year-old. I seldom do it, and when I do, it's in self defense, period. Honestly, I think by now, most of the kids who would verbally assault me for being an adult who plays rs have made it to my ignore list.

Instead of lecturing other people about what they ought and ought not be doing, how 'bout you turn that finger back to your own face. Can you honestly say you believe it is ok to call someone an idiot and an ignorant fool as long as you dont say no-lifer? Hipocrisy is the word that comes to my mind.

jfroggy

I'm 38 gonna be 39 in October. Been playing a year.

Maybe it's me, but the number of players who think its o.k. to go kill sum schlepp in wildy to take his stuff? That's just wrong. Just seems to go along with the insensitivity experienced with the London bombing. BTW this is just my opinion.

runemdefault,dmac1024.gif

Well im only 21 (124 combat) my wife who plays is 35, shes also 124 combat, my Dad plays as well... hes 42 years old. (he was 92 smithing, and 109 combat, but Jagex banned his character for macroing, LMFAO !!! but they wont let him appeal it cause they are jerks) My mom used to play, shes 41. (she was also banned for macroing, just cause she plays all the time, and same thing, they wont give her, her character back.

but yeah, we are all older who would rather play a game, then go out and sit in a bar and get drunk off our faces all the time.

127 Combat

73 Construction

1913 Skill Total

the average gamer IS 26.. lol I'm 20 and still consider myself "young enough" to play runescape although I wouldn't be surprised if I still play on and off later on in life. But those 8 year olds go "OMG YOU"RE 20?!?"

::rolls eyes:: imho, 8 year olds should not be allowed to play online games or be on the computer so much, they should still be playing with toys!

well and kudos to all those older players out there. i like older players because they show a lot more respect.

I'm 13, I actually ENJOY MOST talking/having friends older...they have more intelligence and respect than others my age, and don't try to act cool and such.

I have an Auntie in London who was around at the times of that bombing, luckily she was ok, and I'm glad.

I don't act like most 13 years old in-game RS.

mwp9oo.jpg