who is the oldest player on runescape?

limparse

OMG how glad am I to hear there are older players on Runescape. I thought I was way to old to be playing such things (I'm 25), but I first got into Runescape when I was at uni and me and my friends used to play it lol. I think it's great that it's something everyone can enjoy.

Celticqueen.png

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 13 and I get made fun of because i'm young. Then younger players make fun of me because i'm a "n33rd!11!" and i'm too old to be playing.

Just to show you how some people can be totally ignorant. :roll:

I'm suprised to see so many older people, from the general rs community i get the impression they're all 8-10 year olds... I'm 15 BTW :) and i do have a life, i do go out with friends, if i'm on rs and a friend calls round, i'll always choose them over rs.

I'm 38, married with 3 kids. Just tell them who's the nolifer? they're what, 13-18, and could be on a date or out with friends, but sitting home playing rs instead?

That tends to shut them up.

Glad your wife is ok. That's dang close. :shock:

im 14 almost 15. I play runescape for pkn only. Im not even that active on it anymore lol but im still member. I think its good old people play less wise@$$ kids around and annoying people. Nothing wrong with being old as long as you have a life nothings wrong with some runescape.

Well, I suspect that the people who created it play (they most certainly did at one point to test it out) and with their computer skills, they're probably in their 30s. (I don't think a 10-year-old could have made it, but not a 60-year-old either.)

Hi gang,

38 here, several people at my work play as well. we range from 38-50something. Some of the guys kids play as well. Been playing games since the early 70s. I started with a appleII+. Back then it was basic and dual 5 1/4 floppys with at 2400 baud modem. No net just dial in bulletin boards. Best thing was computers were rare enough that they werent used as babysitting devices by irresponsible adults who couldnt take time to properly raise their kids to respect their elders.

Im 19, and I manage to balance Runescape healthily with normal life.

I applaud the older players. No age is too old to enjoy yourself.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I applaud the older players. No age is too old to enjoy yourself.

I definately agree with this.

I'm only 15 myself and it really does surprise me to find how immature most runescape players are. IMHO the kids in any online game that think and call older players, especially those over twenty, 'people with no life, etc', has issues.

If they just think about it, in a few years time, they too would reach the age of those whom they once saw as "no-lifers", and a majority of these kids would be subjected to the same kind of abuse and stereotyping that they once inflicted on players older than themselves.

This is why I personally think that the people of this age should really have more respect towards others and treat others the way they wish to be treated themselves.

I still use r and u cuz I don't like typing...

but yea, back 2 topic, I'm 18, gots a friend (since RS1, met when we were about lvl 50s near ice cave fighting gobs) (wowzers I still remember that :shock: ) in his 40s. One of the nicest people I've ever met in RS.

:kthxbai:

Lol..I'm 16 myself and I have no respect for those out there that have no respect for people older than them..I think its very sad and I think they got nothin better to do than insult others..I show respect to everyone that shows respect.. :D

~*~ Red Phat Ftw ~*~

Rsn: Lady_Salleh -F2P atm

• 5 months later...

The sad thing is, i know i'm not old (being only 18 is a dead giveaway) but no matter your age people on RS who are younger will say things "aren't you a bit old to be playing". The very thing happened to me when i turned 18 and its just idiotic because there is nothing that says people of a certain age can't play any games they choose (well except minors wanting to play games that they shouldn't). I think it's great that people of all ages play RS and i know that i'll be playing games for the remainder of my life. If you think about it games are just a form of entertainment like TV (except with interaction) and i've known many people (mainly Uni students) watching childrens television.

Soceity should be like how it was thousands of years ago (but with modern technology). Nestor the wise from Homer's Iliad didn't get shunned by others for being the oldest, infact he was respected because of his wisdom.

I'm 38, married with 3 kids. Just tell them who's the nolifer? they're what, 13-18, and could be on a date or out with friends, but sitting home playing rs instead?

That tends to shut them up.

Glad your wife is ok. That's dang close. :shock:

It would be funny if this person was really 12 years old and pretending to be 38 :lol:

Hi all i am 45 and my mate who lives down london is 42

my husband is not interested he keeps telling me to grow up.

But i dont want too 8)

Do you think it would be good to have a world that is for adults only, would it work.

its just it makes me laugh when youngsters come up to me and say wanna fight i know your scared lol :roll: