Rap

xlippsx

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

In flames and at the gates are metalcore srs? I do listen to atreyu, but I dont really find them very metalcore at all..

Anyway, I admit i dont really know that much about rap other than the fact that every 'rap' song played on the radio a few years back really showed literally no emotion, nor did it have any instruments other than the voice.

But this was the kind of rap people thought was cool, with all the 'i do drugs cause it makes me cool' etc.

and lol at people who like rap calling metalcore crap ;p.

moar mainstream metal plx.

;>

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What. Metalcore is garbage for the most part.

I dunno, there are some good acts like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Underoath, etc. Just my opinion though.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

I dunno, there are some good acts like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Lamb of God, Underoath, etc. Just my opinion though.

I'm more into Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan and Between the Buried and Me for metalcore. HORSE the band is fine too.

I prefer post-hardcore though. Mass of the Fermenting Dregs is pure, unrelenting awesome.

Rap, people, rap.

Look man if you want to impress me with metal come with groups like Chakal, Holocausto, Mutilator, Sepultura, Overdose, Sarcó [bleep]o, Anthares, Atomica, Blasthrash, Bywar, Executer, Korzus, Torture Squad, Apokalyptic Raids, Diabolic Force, Flageladör, Hellkommander, Sodomizer.

That's from my metal collection from back in the days hanging with my 26 year old brother picking up tracks from back to the end of the 80's.

;>

I've never really gotten into Doom at all, I might look for a couple of songs to test the waters. Nas is releasing a collaborative album with Damian Marley in June which might be interesting.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I dont really like MF doom. I just dont really like his style.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've never really gotten into Doom at all, I might look for a couple of songs to test the waters. Nas is releasing a collaborative album with Damian Marley in June which might be interesting.

I noticed that Damian Marley kind of leans to "Gangsta reggae" :lol: if you could call it that. I find it a bit disrespective to his father but i'll still listen to it. I'm not a fan of Nas though. Hopefully it'll be something diffirent, fresh.

;>

I noticed that Damian Marley kind of leans to "Gangsta reggae" :lol: if you could call it that. I find it a bit disrespective to his father but i'll still listen to it. I'm not a fan of Nas though. Hopefully it'll be something diffirent, fresh.

I don't think his work is disrespectful to his father at all. He's taken his own route rather than trying to be a poor imitation of his father (which some of his brothers have been guilty of at times).

Their collaboration on Road to Zion was pretty decent, I'm a fan of Nas' so I'm looking forward to it personally.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Madvillain got me into Hip-Hop. There are quite a few artists I really enjoy, but then there are a lot that have been huge disappointments to me given the hype, e.g. A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan.

Wu-Tang was a disappointment? :(

A Tribe Called Quest was a disappointment!?

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

Damian Marley is my favorite reggae artist. :lol:

I dunno, I like his style, toasting I think its called. :?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Madvillain got me into Hip-Hop. There are quite a few artists I really enjoy, but then there are a lot that have been huge disappointments to me given the hype, e.g. A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan.

I just listened to a tribe called quest. they're pretty good.

but wu tang are awful.

I just listened to a tribe called quest. they're pretty good.

but wu tang are awful.

No.

Wu Tang is awesome.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I like the Wu a lot but 7 Diagrams was pathetic.

wild_bunch.gif

You mean 8 Diagrams?

The only Wu album Ive really listened to would be Enter The Wu-tang (36 Chambers)

I really like that album.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Don't draw too many conclusions about Wu-Tang from 8 Diagrams. Instead, listen to debut, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), which remains to this day one of the greatest works in hip-hop. GZA's (of Wu-Tang fame) Liquid Swords is another phenomenal album.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

Don't draw too many conclusions about Wu-Tang from 8 Diagrams. Instead, listen to debut, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), which remains to this day one of the greatest works in hip-hop. GZA's (of Wu-Tang fame) Liquid Swords is another phenomenal album.

Yeah, I really really like both of those albums. Also I noticed like all of the Wu Tang albums and solo projects have sound clips from movies and stuff. Like one of Ghostface's has Iron Man (?) dialogue. I think its pretty cool.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

You mean 8 Diagrams?

The only Wu album Ive really listened to would be Enter The Wu-tang (36 Chambers)

I really like that album.

Yeah, I meant 8, my keyboard is a bit broken (and I short read my own posts more). 36 Chambers is good and The W is pretty decent. I'm not too keen on Iron Flag though and I've not listened to Wu Tang forever.

wild_bunch.gif

@Ray: The opinions you have on rap are based around mainstream rap e.g Kanye West, so I don't think you can make much of a statement until you've started listening to some of the rappers that have been recommended.

Someone knows how to read. :)

Unlike everyone else flaming me even though I have said numerous times, I admit all I know about rap is the mainstream, which gives me a negative view on the sound, which I dont like.

In flames and at the gates are metalcore srs?
Really bad metal.

Lol@how everyone flames me for dissing something then do the same thing back, thinking they're doing something awesome when they're doing what they're hating. That's low.

Have your opinions that in flames/at the gates is "Really bad metal."

My opinion is that rap is just "crap."

I dont need a siggy no moar.

@Ray: The opinions you have on rap are based around mainstream rap e.g Kanye West, so I don't think you can make much of a statement until you've started listening to some of the rappers that have been recommended.

Someone knows how to read. :)

Unlike everyone else flaming me even though I have said numerous times, I admit all I know about rap is the mainstream, which gives me a negative view on the sound, which I dont like.

In flames and at the gates are metalcore srs?
Really bad metal.

Lol@how everyone flames me for dissing something then do the same thing back, thinking they're doing something awesome when they're doing what they're hating. That's low.

Have your opinions that in flames/at the gates is "Really bad metal."

My opinion is that rap is just "crap."

You are satisfied with your pointless opinion only if other people also say pointless things?

You can't just go around flaming stuff thinking no one will care because you don't know anything about it anyway. Just don't flame if you don't know what you're talking about.

2dvjurb.png

I restricted my 'flaming' to mainstream just so you know.

I may not have said that originally but I did update y'all.

"You are satisfied with your pointless opinion only if other people also say pointless things?"

:? ??

I dont need a siggy no moar.