The guide to using brawling gloves (WIP)

totalpwnage

might i make a suggestion i got range brawlers as a drop and i use them after watching a vid that you need lock pick some range gear lots of knives and brawlers. use the axe hut in deep wildy only way in is via lock pic people cant attack you through the gate it is a hot spot and the axes are auto agressive when they stop being agressive rune east to poisen mines and back and they will become re agressive got 70k range xp from my brawlers

p.s didnt feel like using spell check its late so i didnt really care

Well first of all, knives are terrible to use for range brawlers. Rune bolts will do you a LOT better -- I get 205k-215k a brawler with rune bolts, 95 range, potted and eagle eyeing.

Second, I do know of this spot, but their low hp when you're using bolts means you will get less experience because you will be hitting finishing hits more than anything (instead of hitting like 30 28 31 16 29 27, then like 17 29 8 19 13 38 12 (I know those don't add up...) -- you'll hit 30 15, 32 13, etcetera)

Third, escaping is not really easy, though maybe with Jennica's Ring... I dunno :-k I have to look into it.

Chances are it won't be added as a spot mainly because of the low HP they have, which as explained, will lower your exp as you'll keep having to max their leftover HP a lot more. Also, I've seen plenty of people pk here by getting unaggressive and then claw rushing people inside.

I really need to get off my lazy [wagon] and finish the pictures. I'm expanding the Gear to be Gear and Inventory until I get the pictures done. I've found some great places to do magic brawlers at... seriously, I alched there the other day and no one passed by or saw me for an hour.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might i make a suggestion i got range brawlers as a drop and i use them after watching a vid that you need lock pick some range gear lots of knives and brawlers. use the axe hut in deep wildy only way in is via lock pic people cant attack you through the gate it is a hot spot and the axes are auto agressive when they stop being agressive rune east to poisen mines and back and they will become re agressive got 70k range xp from my brawlers

p.s didnt feel like using spell check its late so i didnt really care

Well first of all, knives are terrible to use for range brawlers. Rune bolts will do you a LOT better -- I get 205k-215k a brawler with rune bolts, 95 range, potted and eagle eyeing.

Second, I do know of this spot, but their low hp when you're using bolts means you will get less experience because you will be hitting finishing hits more than anything (instead of hitting like 30 28 31 16 29 27, then like 17 29 8 19 13 38 12 (I know those don't add up...) -- you'll hit 30 15, 32 13, etcetera)

Third, escaping is not really easy, though maybe with Jennica's Ring... I dunno :-k I have to look into it.

Chances are it won't be added as a spot mainly because of the low HP they have, which as explained, will lower your exp as you'll keep having to max their leftover HP a lot more. Also, I've seen plenty of people pk here by getting unaggressive and then claw rushing people inside.

I really need to get off my lazy [wagon] and finish the pictures. I'm expanding the Gear to be Gear and Inventory until I get the pictures done. I've found some great places to do magic brawlers at... seriously, I alched there the other day and no one passed by or saw me for an hour.

Can't you just unequip the brawlers once the monster's hp is under 30 or so?

2dvjurb.png

Just used Mage Brawlers.They lasted for 797 alchs, in non hotspot.

Yeah, I got about the same this weekend in wilderness (level 13 beacon = WIN). I'll put it at about 800 without SC.

Can't you just unequip the brawlers once the monster's hp is under 30 or so?

I suppose so but that would get REALLY tiring. At lesser demons, that would also be really bad. You'd do like 2 shots and then have to take off the brawlers.

Gah was looking to adding some pics yesterday but the forums were down like all day :( I'll have to add em later.

The Dorgesh-Kaan course might be a viable alternative for agility brawlers because of the fact that no one pk's there. It isn't as much experience as the wilderness course is, but there are so many idiots that just kill anyone at the agility course just because they can. And I think the TOTAL amount of experience in the end is about the same, can't remember though... remember this is only wearing brawlers for that 1.2k exp reward or whatever. I'll be looking into it. It's going to almost definitely be added to the guide, and considering I have 7 agility brawlers, I might end up resorting to this after a while...

I think I'll also make some videos on how to use each brawler, with each method being shown. It'll help with making things clearer.

ughh I keep getting closer and closer to being done every day... I'm getting a ton more pictures, I'm refining each section of my guide to make sure its right, and I gotta say its really tough, lol. I know a TON of people are waiting for this to be done.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

I got another pair of mining brawlers, so i'll use them with Sc pickaxes again and see if they match the amount i got before

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I have been informed that hunter brawlers were nerfed to their old number of 45. My friend used 2 pairs of hunting brawling gloves. 45 on each. Again. Ffs.

That's so bs. That's only about 52k experience per brawling glove with the absolute best method. It was 45 before, then they rose it up to about 275, now its 45 again????? Really now, jagex...

Read 2 posts down to find out why this happened.

Oh yeah, finding an outfit for mining brawling gloves where you will protect your SC pick, glory, brawlers normally with a 75k risk that you protect with pro item... while having decent defence thats cheap.. REALLY hard. I might have to change the best method to bank to going to KBD with an anti-fire shield and using a house tab, praying at the altar, then glorying to edge there... praying melee in monk robes. I dunno.

not true for hunter gloves. so far i have gained around 160k with it, & its still not used up yet.

Oh wait, I think I know why. I believe he had them back when they were only 45 uses, they probably didn't change the existing hunter brawlers to the 275 use gloves or something. The number of uses left on each brawling glove is stored individually then, I suppose... but they should have updated gloves with 1-45 uses left on them to the 275 versions... but that would make it unfair for those that used them before.

I wonder, for my hunter brawling gloves, how many of them are 45 and how many of them are 275... I'll add an update to the guide about that though.

I have been informed that hunter brawlers were nerfed to their old number of 45. My friend used 2 pairs of hunting brawling gloves. 45 on each. Again. Ffs.

That's so bs. That's only about 52k experience per brawling glove with the absolute best method. It was 45 before, then they rose it up to about 275, now its 45 again????? Really now, jagex...

Oh yeah, finding an outfit for mining brawling gloves where you will protect your SC pick, glory, brawlers normally with a 75k risk that you protect with pro item... while having decent defence thats cheap.. REALLY hard. I might have to change the best method to bank to going to KBD with an anti-fire shield and using a house tab, praying at the altar, then glorying to edge there... praying melee in monk robes. I dunno.

Use a lava titan?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Use a lava titan?

That won't help at all with defence, though.

The best outfit, thus far, that I've found is Addy Chain, Addy Full Helm, Black D'Hide chaps, Shortbow, Glory, Brawling Gloves, Dboots with SC pick in invy. Without pro item, you protect the Glory, Brawling Gloves, and SC Pick. With protect item, you protect the Dboots as well. You can use an addy plate as well, but it brings you a lot closer to losing 25k. If you die for 25k to someone, it is basically encouragement for them to kill you again the next time they see you.

Use a lava titan?

The best outfit, thus far, that I've found is Addy Chain, Addy Full Helm, Black D'Hide chaps, Shortbow, Glory, Brawling Gloves, Dboots with SC pick in invy. Without pro item, you protect the Glory, Brawling Gloves, and SC Pick. With protect item, you protect the Dboots as well. You can use an addy plate as well, but it brings you a lot closer to losing 25k. If you die for 25k to someone, it is basically encouragement for them to kill you again the next time they see you.

You know the lava titan is for teleporting?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Use a lava titan?

You know the lava titan is for teleporting?

Yes, its already in the guide, plus that +10 mining owns so much. I have like 50 of these saved in my bank not only for brawlers but for wilderness stars :P

Method #1: Cursed Magic Tree

Gear: Shortbow, glory, Jennica's Ring, brawling gloves.

Inventory: Dragon/SC/Rune Axe, Warrior Ring.

Familiar: Beaver (33)

Getting there: Dareeyak Teleport, run from BH, run from Edgeville

What to do: You need to have completed Spirit of Summer to do this. Wear your Brawling Gloves for the magic tree thats in the wilderness. When you cut it down, take your gloves off and use the ring to go to the Spirit World. Chop the Cursed Magic Tree there. After you cut that down, go back into the wilderness. This will maximize your experience from the brawling gloves. You can also use your Brawling Gloves in the Spirit World, but I don't recommend it. Only if you just want the gloves to be done with.

If you get attacked and want to keep your logs, desummon your familiar and teleport with the leprechaun. You can also use Jennica's Ring to get into the spirit world and be safe as well.

I need more info on how this tree works, as I can't do it myself. The results I'm getting are very confusing..

The tree you cut in the wilderness(cursed) is in a multi combat area so if your attacked you proberly will die, you can also teleport into the spirit world which would be good to. Once you have cut the real world tree you take ur gloves off cut the one in spirit world cut the tree in the real world with the gloves on.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

d boots protect over glory

Yup, noticed that. Changing it to use Warrior Ring + some random metal boots.

The tree you cut in the wilderness(cursed) is in a multi combat area so if your attacked you proberly will die, you can also teleport into the spirit world which would be good to. Once you have cut the real world tree you take ur gloves off cut the one in spirit world cut the tree in the real world with the gloves on.

Thank you very much, I really needed that.

I promise i will do another test of the mining brawlers with Sc item eventually lol. I'ma aiming for 83 summ before i do them to make it alot easier.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I just got about 700 uses on my woodcutting brawlers (no sc). :?

I was gonna say, 250-300 with SC seems too low.

I'll test em out later today probably.

And I have used up my FM brawlers only to realize I never took a screenie of the gear >.< thankfully I have it on vid. But I'll have to change the screenie from an archers ring to a warriors ring...

almost [cabbage] my pants when i saw guide for mining brawlers,but i tried it and then cried :( got about 180k xp with 1st pair and about same xp with second pair,no sc tools, only did mithril ores

so they last for only half amount that you stated

i myself had about 90-95 brawlers,used 20-25,still have 70 banked

gonna use other 8 mining then move to smithing

• 2 weeks later...

I got 313 yew logs with my WC brawlers on using using sc axes.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

For melee wouldn't axe hut be better or earth warriors? both in the wilderness and very good training spot

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Tipitsignature.gif

Hes my gear for axe hut. I use the jennica's ring to escape incase of pkers(the summers end portal then tele out since u can tele outa spirit land). Also starting+ending exp i got for 1 pair of gloves(roughly)

Meleebrawlers.png

Tipitsignature.gif