The guide to using brawling gloves (WIP)

totalpwnage

I am the person in RuneScape with, by far, the most amount of brawling gloves collected ever, with a number of 168 as of March 9th.

Why make claims you know aren't true...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5618/allgloves.png

around...70 used? either way, 168 isnt as amazing as you make it out to be

214 now, sorry. +1 to Danqazmlp.

I haven't been pvping much so yeah. Also, theres no name on the pic.

Please gtfo my thread unless you want to help out or get owned because I know for sure thats not even you, 99% sure thats Darkinite from Border Patrol.

Never said it was me, and no its not the person mentioned above. I just simply stated that there are plenty of people out there with that many. Its a lot dont get me wrong, but to make a claim that you are the "person with the most collected byfar in runescape" and have it be the first thing in your thread caught my attention.

If you want help, i'd say reevaluate your woodcutting priorities. i could very well be wrong in saying this, but there has to be a more efficient method than cutting mages for 700k xp. sounds painful. i actually been through the wild since back when old pking was around, but are oaks the only thing to power cut?

I suppose I'll remove it cause at the time, I definitely had a ton more brawlers, but now that I've stopped pking so much I can see that a lot of people have caught up (though I still am first I'm pretty sure). I'll have to mention that I've gotten a lto of them though... otherwise the legitimacy of this guide would be hard to believe*

Yeah unfortunately, oaks are the only thing to powercut -- same exp as Maples nonwildy.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could add in woodcutting teaks (im assuming that they havent changed from like a year ago). Those were around 60-70k xp an hour if i remember right, making them about 100k an hour with brawlers?

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

You could add in woodcutting teaks (im assuming that they havent changed from like a year ago). Those were around 60-70k xp an hour if i remember right, making them about 100k an hour with brawlers?

Remember that they don't last by the time you use them for, but the amount of logs you chop. You would still get more experience with brawlers doing oaks - 150 exp per log chopped with oaks versus 127.5 or so per logs with teak cause there are no teaks in the wilderness.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

You were the guy baking pies at Fist Of Guthix yesterday, I 44'd you with my range :oops:

Didn't know you were a TIFer, my apologies ö

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

About the firemaking gloves, have you considered stacking 20 logs in a beacon yet?

Technically you're lighting 1 item, which gives like 1.5-2k exp on a normal server. (which could be 6-8k on a pvp world). If you do that 1200 times the brawling gloves could last till 99 fm.

Because it takes long for them to extinguish it may be worth combining this with normal firemaking.

Cook brawlers seem to last around 1,100 cooks for me when using monks.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

In the mining section, you say to wear a hunter crossbow. but wouldn't it be better to equip the pickaxe to give yourself another invent spot?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Very helpful guide my friend, but I found one error so far.

Only Method: Black Salamanders

Required Levels: 67 Hunter.

Lasts for: About 275 catches. Any hunter brawling gloves received before January 20th will last 45.

Gear: Regular shortbow, Games Necklace, Glory, Black D'Hide body, Brawling Gloves.

Inventory: 4 or 5 ropes, 4 or 5 small fishing nets.

Familiar: Arctic Bear (71) > Spirit Larupia (57)

Getting there: Teleport to clan wars, run west. <-It's east of CW

Hey, sorry to bother you there, but I had a question that probably may have been answered before.

Do SC tools only last their maximum XP with brawler gloves, say for SC Hammer which gains a total of 64,125 XP (32,062 bonus XP) will it only last for that long with Smithing brawlers?

So say smithing brawlers last 434k XP, will I need ~7 SC hammers to gain that XP, or will each hammer last for 256,500 XP, requiring ~2 hammers?

If you could add that clarification to the guide I would greatly appreciate,

Thanks, you have a fantastic guide there so far :D

:twisted: YoUr UnDeR ArReSt AnYtHiNg YoU SaY WiLl Be MiSqUoTeD AnD UsEd AgAiNsT YoU :twisted:

Pawan.png

Hey, sorry to bother you there, but I had a question that probably may have been answered before.

Do SC tools only last their maximum XP with brawler gloves, say for SC Hammer which gains a total of 64,125 XP (32,062 bonus XP) will it only last for that long with Smithing brawlers?

So say smithing brawlers last 434k XP, will I need ~7 SC hammers to gain that XP, or will each hammer last for 256,500 XP, requiring ~2 hammers?

As far as i know, you would need 7 hammers.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

As far as i know, you would need 7 hammers.

In the mining section, you say to wear a hunter crossbow. but wouldn't it be better to equip the pickaxe to give yourself another invent spot?

You can if you want, its a method so you don't skull by accident.

Very helpful guide my friend, but I found one error so far.

Getting there: Teleport to clan wars, run west. <-It's east of CW

Thanks, I'll fix that soon.

About the firemaking gloves, have you considered stacking 20 logs in a beacon yet?

Yes, it takes a lot of time though, cause the first wildy one is all the way at level 13 west side and the closest teleport is the Dareeyak one and its still a long run. Though, if you know how to run fires, this could be pretty useful...

Great guide, very helpful. Risking with a warrior ring is a good idea, people only see 3 items so I barely get attacked ::'

yup a lot of people seem to be using this all of the sudden xD

You were the guy baking pies at Fist Of Guthix yesterday, I 44'd you with my range :oops:

Didn't know you were a TIFer, my apologies ö

lol its alright, still got the record with 11.8m exp in a day.

The trick with the beacons didn't turn out to work, you get no bonus xp whatsoever in or outside the wildy. Would've been too good to be true anyway, 1 pair of gloves would last to 99 fm on it

do you still get 4x xp? I thougth id light a beacon every time i gt pked at agil arena so id get combo experience? Normal beacon xp or 4x as you yould usually get, just no beacon bonus?

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

For the string amulet method for mage brawlers, will that use up one charge per amulet, or one charge per inventory of 25 amulets, if its the first, definately a better one to use imo, will be much much faster exp.

zqXeV.jpg

Hunting brawlers lasted 204 catchs 1,988,567xp to 2,236,631xp. I brought a dds with a shortbow and was able to kill some welfare ranger with 3 specials :thumbsup: (no drop wasn't risking 75k).

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

How long are agil brawlers supposed to last? I was using my agil brawlers just now at wildy course and it got me 67-70 agil, around 150kish exp. Now at one point shortly after i got 70 agil i got pked (I was skulled with d mace and brawlers in order to get dp). I kept my mace with prot items but my brawlers were nowhere to be found. I was wondering if the mace somehow protected over the brawlers or did my brawlers just run out before i died and I didn't notice?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Why aren't Green dragons listed in the combat section? Sure, they can be crowded and the xp may come slow, but it makes a large amount of sum. If you have a pak yak ( -.- , I know) it is definitely one of the best.

Edit: What about Magic imbue and humidity for mage? (I just got mage brawlers)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

How long are agil brawlers supposed to last? I was using my agil brawlers just now at wildy course and it got me 67-70 agil, around 150kish exp. Now at one point shortly after i got 70 agil i got pked (I was skulled with d mace and brawlers in order to get dp). I kept my mace with prot items but my brawlers were nowhere to be found. I was wondering if the mace somehow protected over the brawlers or did my brawlers just run out before i died and I didn't notice?

Did you use them for the whole course, or just the end?

zqXeV.jpg

Hey, just a question about the ecto prayer brawler method

Wouldn't it me smarter and safer to grind the bones and collect the slime on a non-pvp world? Yes, you don't get hotzone, but is that really such a big deal?

Just my opinion, tell me what you think

And awesome guide, if I am ever good enough to pk, and if I ever get brawlers, I'll use this :P

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png