The guide to using brawling gloves (WIP)

totalpwnage

well I decided I cba to write my own guide so I'll just feed you data/pics/vids :D

mining:

gear/invent setup:

agile legs are substitutable with black d'hide chaps, skillcape with a cape of legends, and skills necklace with a glory.

starting xp:

I'll add a video+number of ores in a second.

When I use mining brawlers I just go to the coal spot at like level 10 wildy. I wear black d'hide, neitz helm, brawlers, don't really need anything else as it's really easy to escape PKers.

thats what I did too (see

video), I wanted to try out iron @ hobgob mine banking it to get an accurate count though.

edit: I just tried out dorgesh, it seems slower then adv gnome without brawlers, even with brawlers. I think wilderness is definitely better.

I think it's about 90k exp an hour, but wilderness is like 120k. The problem is, for those without yaks, you'll die a lot. This could lower speed by a LOT at the worst times. For those with Yaks, you sacrifice more exp per brawler for faster exp, EP, and if you want, targets. You'll make like 7m off the EP alone. For those without Yaks, that's not so possible. But you can do Dorgesh without a Yak, get a little bit of EP, and get agility while you're at it.

Perhaps Dorgesh feels slower with brawlers because of the fact that the course is soooo long. But what I need to know is if the brawler bonus applies to the end experience bonus.

Personally I think I'll be using agility brawlers at wilderness, not just because I have a yak, but for the money... and 15 agility brawlers is enough for 99 agility there, lmao.

I really could use help on the Grenwall section, that DEFINITELY needs some revamping. I believe the best method is to do 3 papayas/2 pawya meat traps, keep track of which is which, and equip brawlers to pick up boxes with grenwalls. I've heard torching is good, bringing hunter potions is good, and so on. But I hate hunter so much D: I'll not be able to do Grenwalls for a while. All I know is there is a much better method for Grenwalls than the one that I posted.

The thing about Grenwalls is you can catch like a maximum of 50 per hour I think? However, you're also making like 1m per hour -- and getting a little ep, 20% per hour to a max of 40%, which is like 1 or 2 kills.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just finished using mining brawlers in the lvl 9-10 coal wildy place.

starting xp: 776,341

ending xp: 898,341

experience per brawler: 122,000

Thank you very much, I've been needing to do that. That's 610 ores per brawler, 305 with SC tools.

Oh and one thing I've randomly noticed is that with varrock armour + sc pick, if you get double ore, the SC tool doesn't multiply the second ore. So that counts as 3 uses. Don't know how/if I should mention that, doesn't seem significant though.

I've decided that I'm going to extend the thieving section to include EP methods that are better than rogues and the option of Dwarf Traders - for those that would like to get money, great experience, and not deal with having to risk brawling gloves so much (bank is close, not multicombat as far as I know). It's not better than Pyramid Plunder, but it's pretty good -- although all the tests I've seen come from using gloves of silence (which is why I will recommend abyssal lurker + scrolls for +4 thieving)

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

• 1 month later...

I used lobsters fishing brawlers and got about 10kxp on brawlers (2 brawlers total around 20k exp) something is wrong...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I used lobsters fishing brawlers and got about 10kxp on brawlers (2 brawlers total around 20k exp) something is wrong...

That's very weird. Are you sure you hadn't used them before?

Are there any ways of using prayer gloves at gilded altar with no risk at all? Like some teleports that get you to a safe area with a bank?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more info for you.

Gloves: Cooking

Uses: 894 with admiral pie

Gained 804,600 total xp including mage and cooking

Total cook xp gained: 750,960

i don't know why its such an odd number of uses :blink:

Hey, I love the guide, use it quite a lot. Very nicely laid out, and easy to use. :thumbup:

Just thought I'd help you out a bit with another xp rate.

Since the introduction of Frost Dragon Bones, this creates a new xp rate for Prayer Brawlers. I haven't tried this yet, but still calced it, just for the sake of it.

1275 uses per brawl.

945 xp per FDB on Guilded Altar, 2 burners lit, with the 1.5x non-wild bonus from brawls.

This brings the total amount of xp up to 1,204,875 per brawler. Much better than the old rate of just under 482k xp with Dragon Bones.

Hope this helps, cheers. :thumbsup:

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

well I decided I cba to write my own guide so I'll just feed you data/pics/vids :D

mining:

gear/invent setup:

agile legs are substitutable with black d'hide chaps, skillcape with a cape of legends, and skills necklace with a glory.

starting xp:

I'll add a video+number of ores in a second.

When I use mining brawlers I just go to the coal spot at like level 10 wildy. I wear black d'hide, neitz helm, brawlers, don't really need anything else as it's really easy to escape PKers.

thats what I did too (see

video), I wanted to try out iron @ hobgob mine banking it to get an accurate count though.

edit: I just tried out dorgesh, it seems slower then adv gnome without brawlers, even with brawlers. I think wilderness is definitely better.

I think it's about 90k exp an hour, but wilderness is like 120k. The problem is, for those without yaks, you'll die a lot. This could lower speed by a LOT at the worst times. For those with Yaks, you sacrifice more exp per brawler for faster exp, EP, and if you want, targets. You'll make like 7m off the EP alone. For those without Yaks, that's not so possible. But you can do Dorgesh without a Yak, get a little bit of EP, and get agility while you're at it.

Perhaps Dorgesh feels slower with brawlers because of the fact that the course is soooo long. But what I need to know is if the brawler bonus applies to the end experience bonus.

Personally I think I'll be using agility brawlers at wilderness, not just because I have a yak, but for the money... and 15 agility brawlers is enough for 99 agility there, lmao.

If you use them in a PvP world you get attacked ~once per hour, and you can just dump your spec bar on them then run to iron drags and watch them get downed. It's quite amusing really, I've never used more then 4 brews making it there either.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about using your magic brawlers on an ice strykewyrm task on a pvp world?

If the multipliers stack, you could get even more than the 300k charge/stunning gets.

As long as you have a yak, if anyone tried to jump you, you just bank your sol/robes/anything else, and try to escape.

Just a thought, i might even try it next time i get an ice wyrm task (I have a set of mage brawlers in my bank) :thumbup:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Have you thought about using your magic brawlers on an ice strykewyrm task on a pvp world?

If the multipliers stack, you could get even more than the 300k charge/stunning gets.

As long as you have a yak, if anyone tried to jump you, you just bank your sol/robes/anything else, and try to escape.

Just a thought, i might even try it next time i get an ice wyrm task (I have a set of mage brawlers in my bank) :thumbup:

the problem with this is that combat magic takes two uses from the brawler per cast. Might be worth a try though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 4 weeks later...

At the fishing guide, it would be also recommended to use a bunyip for converting your lobsters/swordfish/tuna's into water runes, which in my eyes is easier than dropping them all the time. Except for that, very nice guide.

• 3 weeks later...

At the fishing guide, it would be also recommended to use a bunyip for converting your lobsters/swordfish/tuna's into water runes, which in my eyes is easier than dropping them all the time. Except for that, very nice guide.

I think I covered that...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... For prayer brawlers, instead of using the glory for banking use the RFD chest + lumbridge portal for banking, that way you always remain in the safe zone.

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Double posting is ftw thats why I got some more info on smithing brawlers.

W/ sc brawlers - addy plates. Not exactly 2500xp per plate because at the end of every sc hammer, you dont get full xp.

74750913.png

Yeah ik, just never put that in lol plus its kinda negligable

Hmmm... For prayer brawlers, instead of using the glory for banking use the RFD chest + lumbridge portal for banking, that way you always remain in the safe zone.

Yeah this is a good method, but usually what I do is I just bring emerald bolts and a crossbow with me and if someone hits me in edge I'll poison them. It usually annoys them and makes them say yeah no point attacking him especially if you drink a brew. But it definitely helps to switch between edge and cw if you do that.

If you don't want to pay that much attention its probably a better idea cause then you don't have to worry about getting attacked, and you can do more bones per trip as well due to not needing any food.

Definitely will add this in when I have the time.

I got 755 ore out of a pair of mining brawlers.

What I did was log on to a bh world, mine all the addy at the hobgoblin mine for 380 each, then log out and move on to the next bh world. After that i did the pvp worlds.

After I filled my yak Id go bank, then tele to the monastery with my combat bracelet and go back north to the mine.

Took a bit longer but got more xp than expected with this guide. I was not using SC Hammer.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

W/ sc brawlers - addy plates. Not exactly 2500xp per plate because at the end of every sc hammer, you dont get full xp.

74750913.png

Yeah this is a good method, but usually what I do is I just bring emerald bolts and a crossbow with me and if someone hits me in edge I'll poison them. It usually annoys them and makes them say yeah no point attacking him especially if you drink a brew. But it definitely helps to switch between edge and cw if you do that.

If you don't want to pay that much attention its probably a better idea cause then you don't have to worry about getting attacked, and you can do more bones per trip as well due to not needing any food.

A really simple solution to Edge glorying is Draynor. In about an hour worth of using prayer brawls, didn't see one person. Usually, you can tele and be inside bank once the tele-timer wears off anyway.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

74750913.png

A really simple solution to Edge glorying is Draynor. In about an hour worth of using prayer brawls, didn't see one person. Usually, you can tele and be inside bank once the tele-timer wears off anyway.

draynor is terrible imo. Lunar isel is safest imo, mobilizing armies is ok too. draynor always has spawn campers

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.