The guide to using brawling gloves (WIP)

totalpwnage

A question on stunning with mage brawlers, I'm a little foggy. So first of all, you can wield an sc melee helm and still get double xp with mage? And second, can you stil get double xp if you are standing in the wild and use stun on a monster outside the wild, like a guard?

Yes to both.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mention Dorgesh-kaan is best for agility, but if you do the maths, you actually earn more from wilderness course?

For example...

Dorgesh-kaan -> 1028.5 * 2 agility exp = 2057xp per course

Then, you will get 1.5 times the amount of exp, so your getting an extra 1028.5xp per course.

So for dorgesh-kaan, it's 1028.5xp bonus per course.

Wilderness course gives 498.9 on the bonus part.

In wilderness, you gain 4 times amount, so its 4 * 498.9 = 1995.6xp.

So for wilderness course, it's 1496.7 xp exp bonus per course.

My point, is that if your using agility brawlers it's probably highly likely that the wilderness course is still better, or nearly the same in terms of exp rates per hour that dorgesh-kaan.

Hourly rates (these are just estimates, but you'll see that the maths shows wilderness course is better)

Wilderness course: 45k

Dorgesh-kaan: 57k

With brawlers:

Wilderness course: 163k exp an hour

Dorgesh-kaan: 85k exp an hour.

And lets analyse the overall exp:

350 uses per brawler as an example.

Dorgesh-kaan -> 350 * 3085.5xp = 1080k agility exp

Wilderness course -> (350 * 2068.1) = 725,835 agility exp. (2068.1 should be the exp gained overall, whole course)

How long to use them up:

Dorgesh-kaan: 85,000 / 3085.5xp = 28 laps per

Wilderness course: 163,000 / 2068.1 = 79 laps per

So:

350 / 28 = 12.5 hours of use with dorgesh-kaan course

350 / 79 = 4.5 hours of use with wilderness course.

Time difference: 8 hours

You could get 725k agility exp in 4.5 hours with wilderness course, have 8 hours spare.

You could get 1080k agility exp in 12.5 hours with dorgesh-kaan course, have 0 hours spare.

If you used up those 8 hours doing more agility:

8 hours @ wilderness course = 360k exp, plus exp from brawlers = 725k. Total exp gained 1085k. You get 5k exp better if you use agility brawlers at wilderness course, then use remaining time to train agility at wilderness course.

8 hours @ dorgesh-kaan = 456k exp, plus exp from brawlers = 725k. Total exp gained 1181k. You get 101k exp better if you use agility brawlers at wilderness course, then use remaining time to train agility at dorgesh-kaan.

My main point about the above equations is that if you stick with the agility course (say that's the highest level you can use) then there's no actual extra exp for the time spent doing either dorgesh-kaan or wilderness course.

But if you used brawlers at wilderness course, then possibly spent remaining time still training agility without brawlers at dorgesh-kaan, then you'd gain 101k exp more by doing so. Estimated about 75k perhaps with ape atol off the top of my head.

But there's few PK'ers on dorgesh-kaan...so...

Considering you can't protect at wilderness course, in reality you can get maybe 10k exp per brawler before you lose them unless you have a yak.

The experience rate with a yak is EXTREMELY slow -- you get killed tons at the agility course. Then again I hear that with a yak most people leave you alone, but idk.

In the end without 96 summoning is it 100% better to use dorgesh kaan -- otherwise then maybe you have an alternative.

EDIT: 57k an hour at dorgesh? I could have sworn it was more than that...

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• 3 weeks later...

Agility brawls are best to be used at Wilderness course bu yeah, you'll need a group else you'll killed fast (often).

Could you add a picture with the location of the cursed magic tree? (this is only available if you've done summer's end right?)

Jens14.png

sigoriginal.jpg

Agility brawls are best to be used at Wilderness course bu yeah, you'll need a group else you'll killed fast (often).

Could you add a picture with the location of the cursed magic tree? (this is only available if you've done summer's end right?)

Yes and

n4le.jpg

Thats location in the non spirit world, the spirit portal is easily within sight.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I recently finished using smithing brawlers, and to save you some time in your guide for revamping the whole section I suggest the simplest method:

your gear setup should be:

[inventory]

-sc hammer (or normal hammer if you're not comfortable risking the sacred clay)

-25 bars for platebodies

-knife (to cut webs)

-1 piece of food (shark or better)

For equipment, just use brawling gloves. Don't bother risking for ep (more on that in a second).

I gave up trying to get ep and wearing tank gear a loong time ago for these gloves. The reason I think mage arena is the best is because nowadays clans hang out around the ancient tele spot very often and I jsut find it too risky to smith in that anvil. I tried using brawlers there and found that I got killed way more often there than at mage arena. The good part about the arena is tha if you get attacked at the anvil, just run through the bats until your attacker gets pjed by a bat, then escape through the tele lever. I found that even for geared clawers and ags'ers, I could tank them easily to the lever with just 1 shark and protect melee+piety. Rangers just as easy. Mages are the problem because they can't get pjed by the bats, and they'll freeze you every 5 steps. You'll usually get killed by a mage if he's good so you'll have to suck it up and deal with occasionally losing some bars. I used two smithing brawlers at the mage arena and only died once. I managed to tank every mage who attacked me except for one who finally got some successful hits on me. But I had no problem tanking everyone else.

One issue with the method is teleing through the lever. This is exactly why I reccomend you don't bother risking for ep. There are plenty of kids who sit near the lever and hit you just as you tele, and it makes you lose 1/5 of your current ep. When you start smithing, make sure you have 0ep so you have nothing to lose from the kids who try to ruin your ep, and don't bother risking because you WILL lose ep several times every time some loser decides to hit you for fun.

This low risk method is just my reccomendation, If you're hellbent on gaining ep from smithing then I suggest you wear d'hide and good mage def gear and make sure you're wearing 75k in risk rather than storing it in inv because you're sacrificing the invy spot for the shark (unless you decide to cut your efficiency and replace some mith bars with sharks)

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I recently finished using smithing brawlers, and to save you some time in your guide for revamping the whole section I suggest the simplest method:

your gear setup should be:

[inventory]

-sc hammer (or normal hammer if you're not comfortable risking the sacred clay)

-25 bars for platebodies

-knife (to cut webs)

-1 piece of food (shark or better)

For equipment, just use brawling gloves. Don't bother risking for ep (more on that in a second).

I gave up trying to get ep and wearing tank gear a loong time ago for these gloves. The reason I think mage arena is the best is because nowadays clans hang out around the ancient tele spot very often and I jsut find it too risky to smith in that anvil. I tried using brawlers there and found that I got killed way more often there than at mage arena. The good part about the arena is tha if you get attacked at the anvil, just run through the bats until your attacker gets pjed by a bat, then escape through the tele lever. I found that even for geared clawers and ags'ers, I could tank them easily to the lever with just 1 shark and protect melee+piety. Rangers just as easy. Mages are the problem because they can't get pjed by the bats, and they'll freeze you every 5 steps. You'll usually get killed by a mage if he's good so you'll have to suck it up and deal with occasionally losing some bars. I used two smithing brawlers at the mage arena and only died once. I managed to tank every mage who attacked me except for one who finally got some successful hits on me. But I had no problem tanking everyone else.

One issue with the method is teleing through the lever. This is exactly why I reccomend you don't bother risking for ep. There are plenty of kids who sit near the lever and hit you just as you tele, and it makes you lose 1/5 of your current ep. When you start smithing, make sure you have 0ep so you have nothing to lose from the kids who try to ruin your ep, and don't bother risking because you WILL lose ep several times every time some loser decides to hit you for fun.

This low risk method is just my reccomendation, If you're hellbent on gaining ep from smithing then I suggest you wear d'hide and good mage def gear and make sure you're wearing 75k in risk rather than storing it in inv because you're sacrificing the invy spot for the shark (unless you decide to cut your efficiency and replace some mith bars with sharks)

Bringing a familiar can help you survive, EG terrorbird = 9 brews 3 restores (confirm size?). That should easily be enough brews to help you live a teleblock.

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Tipitsignature.gif

My own testing of brawling gloves:

Agility: I didnt count laps, xp seems about right though

Cooking: I bought 2400 pies, used two brawlers and ended with 305 left...judging by that its more around 1050 then 1200

Firemaking: I've used 4 or 5 of these 1200 seems just about right

Magic: Yep, i got 797 casts exactly with both of these

Mining: Xp rates seem right, i droped coal though

dont really have any info at all on others...also, as has already been stated, the hide tabs from prayer onwards are broken

(1st post on tip.it :thumbsup: )

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I completely forgot about working on this guide, been too busy working on schoolwork. Hopefully since its towards the end of the quarter I can finish it up because my workload has gotten a lot less.

There's brawlers building up in my bank again so I definitely need to update this with some good info.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
your numbers for smith gloves are way off. mine degraded to nothing after 210 mithril plates, nowere near the 425 you said

Did you use SC Hammers? That might be why... For a while now, I've wondered if SC stuff made the gloves go down 2x faster... which would mean SC Hammers just lower the amount of time you have to use them... but I dunno. It's really weird... Cause I could have sworn I got evidence from someone that SC stuff has no effect but from other tests Igot results that said it did... So I guess i should start looking into this.

I was actually gonna test this myself when I got around to getting the hammers to use a smithing brawling glove. If you used SC hammers, this guide is gonna need a major update. If not... idk wtf happened. Maybe you did something else that gave you experience as well... idk.

EDIT: -[WC]RuneScript- *** [ TRACKER ]: [smithing] exp gains for walka92 in last 1day: 434,106 | 1wk: 434,256 | 4wks: 480,056

You did use SC hammers... and this matches the 434 plates measuremeant that was given to be by someone else, with a few numbers off, but the SC hammers 2x'ed it. This is very... interesting. This is going to change a LOT of things. I'm going to have to change quite a bit of things with SC.

So basically what this proves... say you mine a mithril ore with an SC pickaxe. When you successfully get it... its basically as if you got 2 mithril ores in terms of experience. The regular experience from the mithril ore is multiplied 4x, and the exp bonus from the pickaxe is 4x'ed. This means 2 charges are used, as opposed to 1.

Basically, these guides numbers are really gonna need to be changed around to represent the numbers with, and without, SC tools. And it may now be recommended for everything except maybe smithing to not use SC hammers and stuff -- you will get more hotzone = more profit and possibly more brawling gloves.

Got myself some mining brawlers today so i'll try and find the exact number of ores they give.

I'll have to find a way of using them efficiently as i don't have 83 summon, maybe i'll see if theres an ancient tele and glory back to edgy, not too sure yet.

You could do many things. You could Tele to Ghorrock if you have 96 magic... or you could make a waka canoe by Edge/GE Shortcut and sail up with that. Those wouuld be decent methods.

So from now on, if you're going to give me numbers for the skills: Smithing, Fishing, Mining, Melee, Range, Mage, or anything else you use an SC tool on that I missed... please note it. I'm gonna have to retest a lot of things -.-

Just a note on the SC tools or armour, for ANY skill/brawler the use of SC tools will always take -2 uses instead of -1 and will result in less XP in every skill. (wastes brawlers 2x as fast)

However, the SC way is faster xp (double the usual brawler xp) but will result in lower xp altogether, proven by alot of people guides etc and is now fact.

So overall, using SC tools is not reccomended if your looking for max xp. But if you don't care, then feel free to use them :)

• 2 weeks later...

that is wrong, supreme. check your facts better

it doubles the exp from each one but takes 2 charges, so its exactly the same

ive used roughly 30 brawlers, some with sc and somewithout. ive gotten the same total exp each time regardless of whether i used SC.

or atleast show us some numbers to prove your "facts" that seem to follow no logic

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Fixed the dropbox problem.

As for the completely updated guide its going to be a LOT more clear I hope, that's what I'm trying to do at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Completely updated, looks a lot cleaner, just need to work on pics and a youtube guide.

Completely updated, looks a lot cleaner, just need to work on pics and a youtube guide.

Damn dude. Its completely revamped. Thanks a lot!

For the black salamander, I highly suggest taking like 50 harralander tar and a black salamander with some black dragon hide. any noob 1-iteming will be confused, as you can switch attack styles without them knowing. They will protect mage in which you can just switch to the range style. I've personally killed about 6 people with this method. If you got double or triple teamed, your [bleep]ed. Most low level clans wont bother you though.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Damn dude. Its completely revamped. Thanks a lot!

For the black salamander, I highly suggest taking like 50 harralander tar and a black salamander with some black dragon hide. any noob 1-iteming will be confused, as you can switch attack styles without them knowing. They will protect mage in which you can just switch to the range style. I've personally killed about 6 people with this method. If you got double or triple teamed, your [bleep]ed. Most low level clans wont bother you though.

If you kill them they will just come back with more specials.

Tipitsignature.gif

A perfect guide and I simply love the revamp.

For the Ranged / Melee brawlers, you might want to add to save the gloves till you get a slayer task. Using the Focus Sight or black mask (slayer helm or full), you can significantly boost your experience gained. Also the berserker curse boosts your efficiency due to longer effect of extreme/super pots. Using controlled, I got 60k in HP and 60k in att/def/str each with some slayer experience on the side. Was lovely!

Perhaps one day I'll get some new brawlers. (only 1/4 of a thieving, 1 prayer and an agility one left).

Any tips on surviving with the agility ones? It's a pain to get killed every 10-12 laps, having to get all the way back.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A perfect guide and I simply love the revamp.

For the Ranged / Melee brawlers, you might want to add to save the gloves till you get a slayer task. Using the Focus Sight or black mask (slayer helm or full), you can significantly boost your experience gained. Also the berserker curse boosts your efficiency due to longer effect of extreme/super pots. Using controlled, I got 60k in HP and 60k in att/def/str each with some slayer experience on the side. Was lovely!

Perhaps one day I'll get some new brawlers. (only 1/4 of a thieving, 1 prayer and an agility one left).

Any tips on surviving with the agility ones? It's a pain to get killed every 10-12 laps, having to get all the way back.

You can always throw up wrath/redemption whenever someone attacks you but theres not many ways to avoid death. And yeah, I talked about the Focus Sight and I'm not sure if Hexcrest is still glitched to only work on monsters with a required slayer level to kill them

• 4 weeks later...

hey, I love your guide btw.

but you really should finish it, it really deserves more than to be locked up in the beginning guide section :)

ps you might want to consider dorgeshuun rich chests for thieving brawlers.

they're 160k xp/hour including time spent world hopping

i just don't know if there are enough PVP worlds for even 1 player to go around using this training method though

Naaxi.png

well I decided I cba to write my own guide so I'll just feed you data/pics/vids :D

mining:

gear/invent setup:

100517220036.png

agile legs are substitutable with black d'hide chaps, skillcape with a cape of legends, and skills necklace with a glory.

starting xp:

ending xp:

almost entire iron.

394 ores+2 gems. I dunno if gems count.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

well I decided I cba to write my own guide so I'll just feed you data/pics/vids :D

mining:

gear/invent setup:

agile legs are substitutable with black d'hide chaps, skillcape with a cape of legends, and skills necklace with a glory.

starting xp:

I'll add a video+number of ores in a second.

When I use mining brawlers I just go to the coal spot at like level 10 wildy. I wear black d'hide, neitz helm, brawlers, don't really need anything else as it's really easy to escape PKers.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

mining:

gear/invent setup:

starting xp:

I'll add a video+number of ores in a second.

When I use mining brawlers I just go to the coal spot at like level 10 wildy. I wear black d'hide, neitz helm, brawlers, don't really need anything else as it's really easy to escape PKers.

thats what I did too (see

video), I wanted to try out iron @ hobgob mine banking it to get an accurate count though.

edit: I just tried out dorgesh, it seems slower then adv gnome without brawlers, even with brawlers. I think wilderness is definitely better.

DM0Yq2c.png