Furture RS Continent -Gielinor = Sphere-

Shelby_Polo

It wouldn't cause any problems, it probably is spherical. Think about it. They would just form it like a flat world map - you can see all types of world maps which are flat, but you know the world is a sphere. They'd call it a sphere but the rs map would remain flat, like the world map. Simple. ::'

Tada, round world. :wall:

v178InvestmentBlog.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were not intended to be a Sphere why would there be a globe shape to all the representations in game (PoH, Crazy old man's house) if anything they will have 2 continents and a large island.

The Desert will extend further below to a point.

There will be the mystical Eastern Lands that everyone is hoping for (I really hope 150 is tied to this).

The Elven homelands (the large island)

And possibly a More Southern continent.

Stop worrying about the wilderness that is just where the God Wars centered, hence the absolute dead zone of it all. If the wildy lines extended farther up (beyond new wildy content... yeah right) then they would extend to the east and west and revs would be tormenting your kingdom to no end.

Not to say that Jagex is gull of geographical experts but all sandy deserts fall around 30 degrees lat. If they even somewhat model the world after our own this could give an idea of what is available.

AND TO EVERYONE ARGUING OVER "IT'S A PLANE"

They meant Plane of existence. If you did meeting history you know

[hide=Spoiler]Humans are not native to this world and were brought here by the almighty Guthix to work the land into something he deemed respectable. (Plus like all gods his ego got a bit in the way and wanted something else to worship him beyond what might already have.)[/hide]

In reality there are too many possibilities.

When Canifis was added the river flooded the area bordering it causing the roads to be unusable and we did not know about the trap door yet.

Stupid.png

If it were not intended to be a Sphere why would there be a globe shape to all the representations in game (PoH, Crazy old man's house) if anything they will have 2 continents and a large island.

There will be the mystical Eastern Lands that everyone is hoping for (I really hope 150 is tied to this).

Stop worrying about the wilderness that is just where the God Wars centered, hence the absolute dead zone of it all. If the wildy lines extended farther up (beyond new wildy content... yeah right) then they would extend to the east and west and revs would be tormenting your kingdom to no end.

Not to say that Jagex is gull of geographical experts but all sandy deserts fall around 30 degrees lat. If they even somewhat model the world after our own this could give an idea of what is available.

[hide=Spoiler]Humans are not native to this world and were brought here by the almighty Guthix to work the land into something he deemed respectable. (Plus like all gods his ego got a bit in the way and wanted something else to worship him beyond what might already have.)[/hide]

When Canifis was added the river flooded the area bordering it causing the roads to be unusable and we did not know about the trap door yet.

Guthix didn't bring humans to Gielinor to be worshipped. If you read the God Letters he states that though he doesn't desire followers, he realizes that there are those who would follow his ways. Why he chose to populate Gielinor is really a bit of a mystery, but it certainly wasn't to be worshipped.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

[hide=Quoting someone who quoted me is weird O_o]

[/hide]

Guthix didn't bring humans to Gielinor to be worshipped. If you read the God Letters he states that though he doesn't desire followers, he realizes that there are those who would follow his ways. Why he chose to populate Gielinor is really a bit of a mystery, but it certainly wasn't to be worshipped.

I get where you are coming from with that but honestly that's like accepting something without anything but the most absolute proof behind it. And if you really want to push that there are plenty of ways to show worship, heck by tilling the land, taking dominance over it and helping keep it alive is a way to worship Guthix (gratitude thing). Every god wants followers Guthix just does not want direct and over zealous ones (like the Sara and Zam followers).

Stupid.png

We still have Kudos Island... Maybe it could go to Kudos Continent? There is alot of room up there... Only time will tell.

Did anyone actually screenie that damn map leak, heard about it so much, and no-one has a picture of it! :wall:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Check the pages again daxter, a screenie has already been posted :P

For some people who haven't got it yet (like killerbeer), with a 'plane' people in Gielenor usually mean a plane of existence, also known as a dimension. It tells us nothing about the shape of the landmasses encountered in those dimensions. But what can be said is that Gielenor is round, like a globe. This is a fact. The only reasons the 'gameworld' isn't spherical are because it's really hard/impossible to program the floor to be spherical, and all the buildings with it, and because the current map is to tiny compared to the complete planet's surface, that we as humans can't even see the planet is round. Just like Earth.

I like the idea of being able to circle the globe, but the map needs to be much bigger before the east links to the west. And doing so means Jagex can't add anymore land on either side, unless you keep moving the border between east and west. Too much hassle I would say, and it creates tough problems.

Finally, I don't know why a discussion about Guthix popped up, but let me say this: Guthix is not interested in followers. Other gods are, because the amount of followers determines the amount of power a god has. This is not the case with Guthix, as he gets his power from the very essence of the world. Maybe this is why Guthix doens't want Gielenor destroyed, because it is not only his 'creation' (before him it was a bare rock), but also his source of power.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

[hide=]worlddnz2.png[/hide]

:P

Ownt?

That looks realy good. And believeable.

But, sadly that is still flat. It doesn't LOOP! :\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If it takes you, oh what, an hour to run from cwars to the ectofuntus, you'll need a *LOT* of teleportation methods there. Also, I really think the area south of Ape Atoll will just be islands. Hmmm, I really think you're trying to put too much into too little space.

And why'd you extend the poison waste? I dont see how it's helping runescape XD

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

If it takes you, oh what, an hour to run from cwars to the ectofuntus, you'll need a *LOT* of teleportation methods there. Also, I really think the area south of Ape Atoll will just be islands. Hmmm, I really think you're trying to put too much into too little space.

And why'd you extend the poison waste? I dont see how it's helping runescape XD

I realize this was probably done in MS paint or something, but it's too much land in too little space.I like it anyway :thumbsup:

=[)

Looking back, I think Jagex dosent know how much we want Kudos Island =0

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

I think they should make the 'Easter Lands' a reality...that would be awesome, especially if it was a huge place - like an entirely new continent (maybe not that big but you get the drift).

Easter Land: shaped like an Easter egg.

024-grasslands-easter-egg.png

priest_wiz.png

I realize this was probably done in MS paint or something, but it's too much land in too little space.

I like it anyway :thumbsup:

Kudos to the guy who made it \' (if it isn't Nameles). I love this map, it has almost everything: Eastern Lands, Acheron, Kudos Isle, Morytania expansions, huge deserts, the mystery continent west of the elves! Six continents added <3:. Plus the mystery continent is both connected to the mainland, AND sealed off from it, if Jagex places some sort of obstacle on the link. And I can see why some people say it's too much land in too little space, but as long as the continents don't get stuffed with cities etc and stay a little barren and unexplored, I think this might work ::'.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

If you think about it, it is entirely possible that Kudos Island is a gateway of some sort to the underground city. The boat they are building could become a crude submarine. But on the other hand.. i dont think so.

If you think about it, it is entirely possible that Kudos Island consists of a minigame, Giving us the awaited Arecheology. The whole island could be another digsite filled with old remnants of a forgotten battlefield, giving you countless of history to find. You could bring back your finds to the museum and get rewards for your work.

The maps looks great except for the poison waste part, looks...well doesn't look like normal territory but like a passage or soemthing lol.

I hope they do put new continents in a future :D

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png