Gravestones: Death not so Serious?

Ned

Died just this morning, wasn't paying attention to my health in Agility Arena and died doing those stupid darts. Got back with plenty of time to spare, as the stone angel of death stood guard over my precious armadyl helm.

I remember back when I was a noob, dying all the time and going into a panic over losing a rune scimmy, plate, or 15k in gold. Back when dying was very possible, very easy, and a good motivator to go prepared. Kids these days with their gravestones and their free home teleports.

I think 9 out of every 10 times I died was in the wildy on treasure trails

LMAO! Grouchy old man.

Sorry, but you DO sound like one.

I remember an article I read somewhere....talking about RS, and how life is getting easier in it....It makes a parable involving an old man who grew up without toilets, and young kids who grew up with them. The moral was that, just because you didn't grow up with them and you walked 25miles through 20 feet of snow, uphill both ways. just to get to that outhouse...o.O

That doesn't mean the next generation should have to do that same walk instead of using a toilet.

Besides, I LIKE being able to get my stuff back :P

And, the bless thing was made to replace teammates who couldn't pick up your stuff. Quest boss monsters and such are areas where it would be impossible for someone to pick up your stuff, thus no gravestones. Something I dislike, simply because most people doing these quests don't know that. Either put gravestones or give a warning.

And I mean, unless you played back when gravestones came out, you would have no way of knowing this.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graves aren't all that good. Lost warspear when i lagged out at bandits, stupid strange plant and lagg combos make me lose mae stuff :(

I kinda miss stealing peoples stuff when they lagg out while poisoned lol, made my first mill that way :D

Graves really have made people care less about deaths until they lagg right after dying and lose millions <.<

Doom, chaos, and destruction are all around us, GET USED TO IT!

Graves aren't all that good. Lost warspear when i lagged out at bandits, stupid strange plant and lagg combos make me lose mae stuff :(

I kinda miss stealing peoples stuff when they lagg out while poisoned lol, made my first mill that way :D

Graves really have made people care less about deaths until they lagg right after dying and lose millions <.<

Yeah, getting other peoples stuff almost made it worth losing my own \:D/ .

Zerker_jane.png

I think I'd like gravestones more if I werent so cheap and got the angel of death :-#

But, to all those who firmly have an opinion: Why so serious?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

lol i ALWAYS forget gravestones and log of in a fit of rage whenever i die. i lost 3 pairs of d boots :(

:o That's not so smart ;)

I personally think the 500k investment is totally worth it and not much of a financial impact if you are a serious monster hunter/PvPer.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Died just this morning, wasn't paying attention to my health in Agility Arena and died doing those stupid darts. Got back with plenty of time to spare, as the stone angel of death stood guard over my precious armadyl helm.

I remember back when I was a noob, dying all the time and going into a panic over losing a rune scimmy, plate, or 15k in gold. Back when dying was very possible, very easy, and a good motivator to go prepared. Kids these days with their gravestones and their free home teleports.

LMAO! Grouchy old man.

I remember an article I read somewhere....talking about RS, and how life is getting easier in it....It makes a parable involving an old man who grew up without toilets, and young kids who grew up with them. The moral was that, just because you didn't grow up with them and you walked 25miles through 20 feet of snow, uphill both ways. just to get to that outhouse...o.O

That doesn't mean the next generation should have to do that same walk instead of using a toilet.

And, the bless thing was made to replace teammates who couldn't pick up your stuff. Quest boss monsters and such are areas where it would be impossible for someone to pick up your stuff, thus no gravestones. Something I dislike, simply because most people doing these quests don't know that. Either put gravestones or give a warning.

And I mean, unless you played back when gravestones came out, you would have no way of knowing this.

http://www.truthscape.com/html/ts_TheTruthScapeSoapboxIssue11PleaseDontResentMyToile.htm

^ I still link to that one when people start complaining that new updates are making the game too easy.

I like gravestones. They look cool, and I like having 5 minutes to retrieve my items lost on death.

LMAO! Grouchy old man.

http://www.truthscape.com/html/ts_TheTruthScapeSoapboxIssue11PleaseDontResentMyToile.htm

^ I still link to that one when people start complaining that new updates are making the game too easy.

I like gravestones. They look cool, and I like having 5 minutes to retrieve my items lost on death.

That article was well written, thanks for pointing it out. I'm definitely "over" it by now, I just like to discuss things like this :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

how true worriermonk i remember dieing one time and begging a lvl 101 to give my stuff back lol the good old days when people actually cared about dieing i also remember setting in tevely danguons just waiting for people to die for easy money who cares about real world trading i want deaths back i feel that gravestones has made the people who play farther away from eachother and no wants anything to do with anyone else where as back in the good old days everyone needed eachother if you get what i mean

lose the gravestones now!!!!!