STELLAR DAWN ( maybe the new name for mechscape )

sirlonewolf

This post has the Ren guarantee of authenticity!

This line disturbs me...

I can understand your scepticism, but read my research (with all its sources) and you should see I'm not just some joker. I set up the first MechScape fansite back in 2007 and have put many hours into it so why'd I want to risk my reputation by lying?

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post has the Ren guarantee of authenticity!

This line disturbs me...

I can understand your scepticism, but read my research (with all its sources) and you should see I'm not just some joker. I set up the first MechScape fansite back in 2007 and have put many hours into it so why'd I want to risk my reputation by lying?

I'm a sceptist by nature, to the dissatisfaction of everyone I encounter. Now that I have some sourcelinks my sceptism is fading ::'

priest_wiz.png

I'm a sceptist by nature, to the dissatisfaction of everyone I encounter. Now that I have some sourcelinks my sceptism is fading ::'

I respect a reasonable amount of scepticism. My motto is after all "Trust, but Verify". The Q&A is quite interesting, and I love the line that their motto for MechScape: "This is not RuneScape in space". I love RuneScape, but am so glad to hear that MechScape will try to differentiate itself in more than just genre.

ren_tbv450.png

As several people have said already, this is probably the official name for ThirdScape.

It could be, but I think considering FunOrb is going for more "blockbuster" style games, that StellarDawn.com re-directs to FunOrb.com and that they have already announced that they are working on a sci-fi game for FunOrb that it could very well be for FunOrb.

ren_tbv450.png

ThirdScape, aka VegaScape? :?:

Q) Rangercart - Are you making something called "vegascape"

A) No

ThirdScape, aka VegaScape? :?:

Q) Rangercart - Are you making something called "vegascape"

A) No

He would be told to say no by his boss even if it were true, due to the fact it's obviously private.

He would be told to say no by his boss even if it were true, due to the fact it's obviously private.

No, I think they just wouldn't answer. For years they just wouldn't comment on if there was a MechScape but they never said there wasn't a MechScape.

ren_tbv450.png

No, I think they just wouldn't answer. For years they just wouldn't comment on if there was a MechScape but they never said there wasn't a MechScape.

They denied it until the a guy got a sack and "leaked" all the information that was needed to prove they were making it, you of all people should know this being in charge of MSWorld

• 3 months later...

I would bet that it is the release name for mechscape. Aside from just sounding like a working title or codename, remember "Stellar Dawn" is obviously sci-fi related, as is mechscape. Since it has already been mentioned that thirdscape is not a sci-fi game, a title like stellar dawn would not make sense. Aside from that, Jagex has only registered names for their large titles, not the smaller games on funorb.

Traditionally sci-fi MMORPGs dont succeed as well as fantasy, so how are you combating that?

Thats a good question. I suppose MechScape should be clarified as its not a traditional sci-fi MMO. Even the name, it probably wont be MechScape. Certainly four years ago it would be sci-fi, robotic, and mech-like. But even now, thats just one of four factions, if you will. So its grown and evolved as the sci-fi genre allows.

I suppose, if you look at whos the most successful but also hardcore, youd have to look at EVE. I would say MechScape is not going to be as hardcore; its kind of casual like RuneScape, but still gives you the depth, complexity and intrigue that all of the sci-fi MMOs can bring.

Were conscious of whats out there, and of things that havent worked. But, I think we feel that ours is uniquely different. Alternatively, it may not work for those very factors. But, we think having taken the best lessons, if you will, from RuneScape and still making it casual and accessible for a different audience, weve gotten the best of both worlds.

As always with these things time will tell, but were quite confident about it.

Evidence that Mechscape is only a working title or codename

• 2 months later...

stellardawn.com

It takes you to funorb.

-This either means that it's a funorb game.

-Jagex is trying to be sneaky and make you think its a funorb game.

-They're trying to make you play funorb games.

4e0Vn.png

• 2 weeks later...
stellardawn.com

It takes you to funorb.

Or they're just linking it to Funorb for the moment because there's no actual Mechscape website yet.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

stellardawn.com

It takes you to funorb.

Or they're just linking it to Funorb for the moment because there's no actual Mechscape website yet.

What she said.

Why would they buy a domain for a funorb minigame?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Isn't Stellar Dawn the name of one of their Funorb Games?

They have a game called Stellar Shard.

Why would they buy a domain for a funorb minigame?

They have ones for all their funorbs games. For example http://www.arcanists.com/ and http://www.armiesofgielinor.com. However all the links I've tested besides Arcanists just lead to the Funorb website.

I'm a little doubtful about it being called Stellar Dawn or Mechscape. Mechscape seems to similar to Runescape and Stellar Dawn is similar to Steller Shard. I bet they'll have a totally new name when it is released just to blow everyone's minds. :lol:

• 10 months later...

wow did i or did i not call it and now is nearly here.

i singed up for the beta and can not wait to play it \:D/

see u all soon in steller dawn

34r6gyb.png

[hide= Stellar Dawn ] I found this while searching for news about mechscape ( i can't wait to try it )

o70jf4.png

stellar dawn it sound like a space adventure so maybe it is mechscape's real name or a hole new mmo that jagex is working on

EDIT on 14-02-2009

[hide=Q & A about Mechscape by head of mechscape]Head Of Mechscape Answers Your Questions, from Mechscape World

Q & A about Mechscape on Mechscape World[/hide]

[/hide]

Ps: maybe i must stock up on food and drinks so i wont miss a second of it wen its released.

Pss: I am way to excited please jagex do your best to not delay this game to much.