Adventure quest leeching off jagex's ideas?

spacheco

well... While i was browsing Mechscapeworld.com for some info on mech scape.. i saw a add "mechquest" clicked it and it was made from the failspawn at Adventure quest, I mean is this pathetic or is it pathetic?

also, adventure quest was made around the time runescape started to get popular, and now they come out with mechquest right before jagex releases mechscape?

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a typo :? see how the z key is right next to the x key?

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

i know that much, but adventure quest launched it a week before the "supposed" mechscape launch date.

they also ripped off world of warcraft. lemme get the link up

[hide=big pictures]arthaskg2.png

Read what's in the black box!

Definite reference of Arthas, and the frostmourne.

frontpagearthasme9.jpg[/hide]

so if they ripped off WoW why didnt they rip off runescape?

It may not be true that they leached off jagex this time but they have defintely been leaching off many different games or a while now. Adventure quest is a filth of a game that is unoriginal, boring, and NOT WORTH THE MEMBERSHIP PRICE. I can't believe I even tried playing that two years ago. You can tell it's also run by a crap company... if it even is a company.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

i know that much, but adventure quest launched it a week before the "supposed" mechscape launch date.

they also ripped off world of warcraft. lemme get the link up

[hide=big pictures]arthaskg2.png

Read what's in the black box!

Definite reference of Arthas, and the frostmourne.

frontpagearthasme9.jpg[/hide]

so if they ripped off WoW why didnt they rip off runescape?

A sword made of ice? How original...

Though on-topic, it's fairly hard to think of new stuff for MMO's that hasn't been taken already.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

JaGeX does it all the time WoW does it all the time AQ has never done it.

there is no sea monkeys in this thread :

You ever heard of satire? Or parodies?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Mechscape is 2 years old They were both competitors in their time until Jagex went 3D and owned AQ now Jagex wants to see if they can beat their Mechquest

Not even worth thinking who will win :lol:

AQ is a rubbish game, not worth paying £15 for (even if you only pay £15 once and never have to pay again I wouldn't bother.)

Zaroterasu.png

AQ is a joke

who cares if they leech its not as if they are going to take many people away from jagex or blizzard

Actually it's a nice game and sucessful. In old times Runescape weren't so popular either, so what makes AQ So different from Runescape?

Reason is: It's not online, but for a none online it's very good.

AQ is a joke

who cares if they leech its not as if they are going to take many people away from jagex or blizzard

Actually it's a nice game and sucessful. In old times Runescape weren't so popular either, so what makes AQ So different from Runescape?

no thats exactly the point

the awful runescape graphics were acceptable because it was a online multiplayer game. AQ if your having it a an offline game it can come no-where near to the games like call of duty etc

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

AQ is a joke

the awful runescape graphics were acceptable because it was a online multiplayer game. AQ if your having it a an offline game it can come no-where near to the games like call of duty etc

Still it's good offline game with good content like Runescape (Which was what made Runescape popular).

AQ is a joke

Still it's good offline game with good content like Runescape (Which was what made Runescape popular).

One thing I didn't like about AQ was that most of the content was just twisted from pop culture. I'm not talking about the RuneScape/WoW thing, but most of the stuff in general.

I'm surprised people here are so hostile to other games considering that we all play a game that possibly gets made fun of most in the world. And who honestly cares. The concept of a MMO is a rip-off. Everything is a rip-off by now.

And btw, at least AQ has a combat system where you can understand your chances of winning.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I'm surprised people here are so hostile to other games considering that we all play a game that possibly gets made fun of most in the world. And who honestly cares. The concept of a MMO is a rip-off. Everything is a rip-off by now.

And btw, at least AQ has a combat system where you can understand your chances of winning.

I personally find AQ more relaxing than Runescape, but Runescape is more fun. So depending on my mood i could choose AQ before Runescape if i was stressed out.

As for AQ, there is some spam updates...but so is in Runescape. There's many updates that's not so popular in Runescape as there is in AQ.