Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

FAL is the best AR in the game. not noob, not overpowered, not [bleep]'d. and it actually takes SKILL to use. I'll 1v1 anyone for fun, I'll beat you with my FAL. gamertag below

There's no such thing as "skill" in a video game. Video games revolve solely around reaction time. I personally think it's just arrogant to ride around on your high horse proclaiming that your favorite gun isn't one that is classified as "overpowered".

There is a lot more other than reaction time involved. Maybe not in MW2 but in other good games there are a lot of factors that go into what team wins. You know, all that teamwork jazz.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAL is the best AR in the game. not noob, not overpowered, not [bleep]'d. and it actually takes SKILL to use. I'll 1v1 anyone for fun, I'll beat you with my FAL. gamertag below

There's no such thing as "skill" in a video game. Video games revolve solely around reaction time. I personally think it's just arrogant to ride around on your high horse proclaiming that your favorite gun isn't one that is classified as "overpowered".

Sounds like you have a very narrow definition of skill.

I got my first non care-packaged chopper gunner the other day. I've been getting heaps of pavelows and emergency airdrops lately as well. I'm loving the 5/7/8 or 5/7/9 setup.

I've also improved on my best killcount - 43 in domination on quarry.

Basically, rumor has it that Activision fired two lead developers at IW (Jason West and Vince Zampella, both cofounders of the company). It's still a rumor, but it's near confirmed, there are many signs saying it's true. It also means that IW might not make MW3 (or even the announced DLC)

Basically, rumor has it that Activision fired two lead developers at IW (Jason West and Vince Zampella, both cofounders of the company). It's still a rumor, but it's near confirmed, there are many signs saying it's true. It also means that IW might not make MW3 (or even the announced DLC)

Its been confirmed the DLC is being released as normal

Someone should get all the MW2 lovers in America together, storm Activision's headquarters, and beat the living [cabbage] out of whoever made that decision.

Not really as they were in talks with other publishers because they didn't recieve royalties for MW2. Whatever you think of Activision firing them is pretty fair as they basically went behind Activision's back.

Loving my current set-up.

Scar-H w/ RDS

AA12

Thrown Knife

Flash Bang

Scavanger Pro

Hardline

Commando Pro

The thrown knife is excellent against enemies I know are around a corner. It's just about adjusting for the speed + arc.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Actually it's been IW that hasn't received royalties, not Activision.

The emerging spat between Activision and the heads of Infinity Ward may have been caused by unpaid royalties.

Website BingeGamer (via VG247) was told by a collection of unnamed sources that not a single penny of the $1bn generated by MW2 has been seen by Infinity Ward.

The report also states that the "insubordination" IW bosses Jason West and Frank Zampella appear to have been sacked for was caused by secret discussions with rival publishers.

Infinity Ward partially owns the rights to the Call of Duty IP, and the studio's contractual obligations to Activision end October 2010, the report pointed out.

News broke early this morning that security had arrived at Infinity Ward to give West and Zampella their marching orders, following an internal human resources inquiry.

There's still been no official response by Activision or Infinity Ward.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/activision-holding-back-mw2-royalties

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think Activision is banking on people buying [cabbage]ty Treyarch-made COD games. But I really don't think that will happen.

The problem will be that eventhough they can release the Treyarch games under the Call of Duty banner, the'll eventually ruin the quality of the brand. The COD brand has survived because for every Treyarch poor reskin job they can bounce back with a IW produced COD game which improves the game and therefore benefits the brand. If IW no longer develop COD games then the quality is going to stagnate and people will begin to walk away from it.

The same thing happened with Sports Interactive and the Championship manager games - SI developed Championship Manager under the Eidos umbrella but then they split and Eidos kept the name and released more Championship Manager games which weren't made by SI and the games were not very good. SI just moved over to Sega and developed their own game Football Manager (they had the rights to the source code) and that series became a huge success. Activision should look at this case carefully.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

You guy's are crazy if you don't think IW is bringing down the CoD brand alongside of Treyarch. I'd say IW did more damage than Treyarch did, at least they just copy+paste.

theres practically no faults with the gun, and there are plenty of non-overpowered guns. look at the m4, look at the F2000, the AK (high recoil when there are any attachments), the M21 (1sk is nearly impossible as the damage multipliers are laughable). the FAL isnt overpowewred because of its semi-auto function, or else it'd be another SCAR. The ACR is in fact the most overpowered gun because it shoots as fast a an SMG, is as accurate to the Tee as a sniper rifle, and coupled with SP acts like a SCAR without SP.

K bro as long as you turn off your modded controller

lol you think i have a mod. sad kid. 1v1? ill even vid me pulling the trigger for every single shot. bring it on.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Sounds [bleep]ing stupid to me.

You guy's are crazy if you don't think IW is bringing down the CoD brand alongside of Treyarch. I'd say IW did more damage than Treyarch did, at least they just copy+paste.

They did make CoD4 though, to be fair.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Got a noice triple collateral with my intervention at the start of a match. Also got EM on TAR-21 in less than 12 hours lol.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

lol you think i have a mod. sad kid. 1v1? ill even vid me pulling the trigger for every single shot. bring it on.

Nah cos I know those single shots will be from the grenade launcher with Danger Close, restocked with OMA

scared. okay, i understand.

spawns in this game MUST be fixed. today, my teammate spawned right in the middle of my care package smoke and died, I got spawned right under a pred. missile, and on favela i spawn, turn the corner, and get killed. the [bleep]in guy was SCOPED IN on that corner.

modmarkl.jpg

I was just screwing but if you seriously want a 1v1 I'm up for that. Luckily I just unlocked Ninja so i won't show up on your HBS

HBS for noobs. this is the setup ill use:

FAL + RDS (cant use acog in a 1v1, however much i love it)

USP .45

Semtex

Stun x2

SoH Pro

Cold-Blooded Pro

Ninja Pr

copycat deathstreaks only. any other deathstreak is noob in a 1v1.

modmarkl.jpg

wtf really? that far?

modmarkl.jpg