Melee, Ranging, and Two Slight Diversions

Hegel

To start of, apart from the guide itself I was really interested on the vocabulary used to explain every small detail with such a pasion that made it so comprehensible giving a touch of love ( couldn't find another word) that makes it so pleasant to read. One last thing, I would like to know what is your IQ if is not a private thing for you.

sebasfd2.gif

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edude999"]Okay still a question.....

About chining: please tell me if there are any other monsters to chin on that DROP charms. I could care less about slower exp, it's better than wasting time killing things and still have a low Summ.

Meleeing: aren't monkey guards better? They are a load more cheaper(theres an altar so u only need maybe 3 ppots jus in case they block ur path. I also believe trips last longer cause u aren't relying on ppots. Also Jagex released something awhile ago that protects u from suicide. Now u CANNOT kill urself by rock cake, fishing explosives etc. But can still hurt urself. Anyway at the guards ull never need to bank(until ur armour wears down.

My suggested inventory(tell me if I'm missing something important.

1 extra set of full Dharoks(4slots)

3 Pray Pots(4)

2 Super Antipoisons(4)<------- there are poisonous spiders that can *surprise* poison u.

1 Rock Cake----to get low on hp

3 Summoning Familier Pouches----that should be enough but bring more if they don't last long

3 Summ Pots(4)

4 super Atks(4)

4 Super Strengths(4)

Wearing:

Full dharoks

Fury or glory

Skill cape(t) or god cape for prayer bonus

Barrows gloves

Zerker or wealth ring*

Bandos or d boots

*idk if teh drop stuff

Idk noif they drop anything good or if they drop charms but I think thats all u need

Also I don't not no how long the armour lasts torso bring more or less pots as needed. Prayer pots are for those just in case scenarios wen the guards don't move outta ur way. I'd start heading toward the altar around 15 p points so I kill any apes in ur way

As has already been answered, Nechs are the best to chin if you want charms. However, it is probably more efficient to chin skeletons AND obtain charms from waterfiends rather than to chin for charms.

Monkey guards aren't better because they aren't undead and so salve does not work.

To start of, apart from the guide itself I was really interested on the vocabulary used to explain every small detail with such a pasion that made it so comprehensible giving a touch of love ( couldn't find another word) that makes it so pleasant to read. One last thing, I would like to know what is your IQ if is not a private thing for you.

Thanks for those kind comments. I have never taken an IQ test but I'd like to think it's above average :)

Hegel.png

Okay I have a friend who suggested chining MUMMIES to save ALOT of money and lose little time.PLUS they DROP CHARMS(omfg! I no lol). Anyway, considering they drop ancient staffs and rune items(i.e.rune scimmy) they also save money. They are multicombat and located in chaos tunnels. They are slower but let's say u get like 2 GOOD drops an hour wich will save u a lot of money and again charms are a nice bonus if you slay for melee instead of killing waterfiends or giant rock craps.

Tell me what you think. After qp cape ima start doing this through 99:)

spikedude999.png

Going P2P again soon.

I haven't tried mummies but from what I have heard it is not comparable to monkey skeletons. They charm drops aren't impressive at all, and even if you get 2 good drops per hour that is only about 100K. The greater xp you get from monkey skeletons probably greatly overrides this figure.

Time is money, and the time saved by chinning monkey skeletons renders it by far the most efficient chinning method.

Hegel.png

Okay thx for the info.

One last question.....(probably)

Since you are obviously a ranging master=) and have obviously gone slaying b4, what tasks do you recconmend that I range. Idc about slower kills I more or less care about 70 range rather than 75 attack.

I will also try mummies myself and do you get a milestone of 200m exp? Like those lil fireworks and thing in chat box?

spikedude999.png

Going P2P again soon.

Unfortunately I have never ranged on a slayer assignment before, although I have used the cannon on many occasions. I am sure you can find a ranged slayer guide on this forum though.

And no, you do not get fireworks for 200M xp.

Hegel.png

Little question, if you aren't agressive anymore, do the bones respawn then?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Little question, if you aren't agressive anymore, do the bones respawn then?

Yes.

Would you Recommend using Stealing Creation armor or should i just use void instead?

Void.

Hegel.png

• 2 weeks later...
hey great guide but just curious as to how many prayer pots would be needed per hour (talking about the range guide)

thanks

Depends on your prayer level of course. Don't have the exact formula but I'm sure you could find one.

How much does it cost to train melee here per hour?

Almost all the cost comes from prayer potions. Again, this depends on your prayer level, and I don't have the formula for how much you will use.

Pretty great guide.

But I was wondering, if I was to train 78 to 99 range here, does anyone have an idea on the number of chins it would need? A rough estimate is fine, doesn't have to be down to the K exactly.

This is a large approximation: about 55K.

Hegel.png

Pretty great guide.

But I was wondering, if I was to train 78 to 99 range here, does anyone have an idea on the number of chins it would need? A rough estimate is fine, doesn't have to be down to the K exactly.

Is that a somewhat accurate guess?

And did you mean normal chins?

Pretty great guide.

Is that a somewhat accurate guess?

And did you mean normal chins?

Just to throw this in here...training with chins before 90, 85 at the least, is a huge waste.

I still wonder, the rocks got me down to 1hp then I tele'd will they kill me or just take me down to 1hp?

The rocks can kill you at 1 hp, so stay above there.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I'm back again, with some more questions ::'

1: In the chinning part of your guide, it states that an un-trimmed skillcape is a better alternative to an accumulator. Since the untrimmed version of a skillcape doesnt give prayer bonus, why is it better than an accumulator?

2: You state that Void Range really is the best alternative, but how would full Armadyl compare to Void?

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

I'm back again, with some more questions ::'

1: In the chinning part of your guide, it states that an un-trimmed skillcape is a better alternative to an accumulator. Since the untrimmed version of a skillcape doesnt give prayer bonus, why is it better than an accumulator?

2: You state that Void Range really is the best alternative, but how would full Armadyl compare to Void?

1. Good point, I shall fix that.

2. Armadyl wouldn't be too much worse I would think. You would get perhaps 10% less xp per chin, although you would last longer due to the prayer bonuses. Void is still better though.

Hegel.png

I have a question.. But first i want to say Thanks for this guide :) it really helps me with getting 95 range+.

A chin can only attack 9 monsters right ? So if you pick up bones and put them on the right places you wil get a 3x3, but what if you just got 8 dots not 9(3x3), In that 8 dots there will be more then 9 monsters , so you won't need that last dot right ? Why picking up bones then ? it really goes faster with 8 dots.. Correct me if i am wrong :-#

Question #2: Why no archer ring ?

Note: Sorry about the english, i'm dutch.

Great guide! ::' :thumbsup:

I used it from 88 to 99 and it's great.. well thought out and very easy to follow.

Kudos. :)

As for the 3x3, i found you just need 9 npcs it doesn't matter in what order they are you just have to hit constantly 9 of them and the xp will be the same...

Ppadrisimo.png

I have a question.. But first i want to say Thanks for this guide :) it really helps me with getting 95 range+.

A chin can only attack 9 monsters right ? So if you pick up bones and put them on the right places you wil get a 3x3, but what if you just got 8 dots not 9(3x3), In that 8 dots there will be more then 9 monsters , so you won't need that last dot right ? Why picking up bones then ? it really goes faster with 8 dots.. Correct me if i am wrong :-#

Question #2: Why no archer ring ?

Note: Sorry about the english, i'm dutch.

1. Even if there are 8 dots (as is usually the case) there can still be 9 or more monsters, because monsters can stand on the same spot as others. The point of picking up bones and having as many "dots" as possible is that the skeletons are spread as far apart as possible, so that they will continuously respawn.

2. Chinning is dangerous, hence the ring of life.

Hegel.png