Melee, Ranging, and Two Slight Diversions

Hegel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While working on a spreadsheet, I discovered a grave error in the formula that I posted on the last page. It should be:

doses/hr=3600/((FLOOR(L/4)+7)*(k+b/10))

k=seconds/point (found here)

b=prayer bonus

L=prayer level

Derived from these equations:

Points/dose=(L/4+7)

Points/hr=3600/(k+b/10)

I realized just yesterday that I had made an error. The formula that I listed above should work without a problem now -- I use it all the time to determine what supplies I need to take for a slayer task and it always works for me.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Thanks, I wrote in in LaTeX to make it easier to read.

eq-1.gif

Doses/hr=\frac{3600}{\left (\left \lfloor \frac{L}{4} \right \rfloor+7  \right )\cdot \left( k+\frac{b}{10} \right )}

Hegel.png

Thanks, I wrote in in LaTeX to make it easier to read.

eq-1.gif

Doses/hr=\frac{3600}{\left (\left \lfloor \frac{L}{4} \right \rfloor+7  \right )\cdot \left( k+\frac{b}{10} \right )}

I just went to test out that equation today (since the numbers seemed off -- I just attributed it to using SGS specs) and I realized an error. I did some testing and found out that the prayer bonus affects prayer drain differently. I apologize for all the errors, but I can now say with confidence that it should be (k*(1+b/30)). I didn't realize the error because the testing I did was with protection prayers, and the two formulas work just the same for those prayers.

Again, I'm sorry for all the errors with this equation, but it should be correct now.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I have updated the guide to be up-to-date with the recent LP changes. However, I have simply assumed that the spiders now poison 60 (instead of 6) so if someone could confirm or refute that it would be of much help.

Hegel.png

The power applies to the term (n/99), and since n/99 is always less than or equal to 1, the raised term will never exceed 1. So if your level is 88, the first calculation gives 280(88/99)^1.1 = 246 xp/ red chin.

only just checked this <_<

thanks for clearing that up, I thought you would have put in brackets to indicate the seperation of the power (even though not necessary of course)

do you think the exact same spot would work as well (or better) for bursting/barraging? i'm planning to smoke barrage rather than ice since it's cheaper and ice could potentially stop you arranging them into 3x3... I would go to rock lobsters, but already have 88 banked and want to keep mine at 68 for now to keep cb a bit lower for pking. Since they're undead i think that would also mean magic was more accurate...?

I can't see why smoke barraging instead of chinning will alter the order of efficiency of the spots, so it should still be 3>2>1>4. I have never heard of a correlation between being undead and being vulnerable to magic, but it is true that the skeletons are not particularly resistant to such sorcery. If I were you I would barrage lobsters as you can always keep the charms for the future when you do decide to improve your summoning prowess. If you wanted to, though, I don't foresee any problems with smoke barraging skeletons.

Hegel.png

ok thanks :)

If and when I do go for 99 summoning I'd get the charms through slayer; right now the lazier approach appeals to me (i'd guess double the xp of rock lobs could be possible, since no luring).

I'm pretty sure i heard about the undead thing training slayer when I first became a member (about four years ago), I was given zombies as a task by vannaka, and when I asked for advice he told me that, being udead, they were weak to magic... since this was a jagex tip rather than player i've always stuck by it.

Turns out the xp is not double that at rock lobsters, since a lot of time is spent walking about arranging the skeletons. Perhaps if I get better at arranging them quickly and spend 90% of the time barraging then it would be better, but I only recorded 180k xp in 50 minutes (just under 220k/h).

Edited by Icarium

ok thanks :)

If and when I do go for 99 summoning I'd get the charms through slayer; right now the lazier approach appeals to me (i'd guess double the xp of rock lobs could be possible, since no luring).

I'm pretty sure i heard about the undead thing training slayer when I first became a member (about four years ago), I was given zombies as a task by vannaka, and when I asked for advice he told me that, being udead, they were weak to magic... since this was a jagex tip rather than player i've always stuck by it.

Turns out the xp is not double that at rock lobsters, since a lot of time is spent walking about arranging the skeletons. Perhaps if I get better at arranging them quickly and spend 90% of the time barraging then it would be better, but I only recorded 180k xp in 50 minutes (just under 220k/h).

Vannaka's referring to the crumble undead spell.

77yLQy8.png

• 4 months later...

Just made some minor changes to keep the guide up-to-date.

Also, here is a list of chins required for each level transition:

table.png

Hegel.png

360K/hr should be doable with the best equipment, and titan could probably add 30-40K/hr for a total of nearly 400K/hr.

Hegel.png

Great guide, I'm going for 99 right now. Although at my current xp rate, I need about 600 grey chins more than your chart says to go from 93-94 (170xp per chinchompa). I realize the number is approximate though, and I'm using snakeskin boots instead of ranger boots too. I bought 36,000 grey chins and started at level 91, so we'll see where that gets me. :thumbsup:

Also, a quick note to anybody chinning. If you get to ape atoll and need to tele out before starting your trip, UN-EQUIP your greegree first. I lost my only one this way and had to go through the process of getting a new monkeyspeak amulet and greegree before I could start chinning. Apparently if you teleport with a full inventory and the greegree equipped, it just disappears. I checked the ground as soon as I arrived at my house, and outside the portal, and it was gone. I was angry to say the least.

Etecoon.png

Good guide. :)

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the recent void armour update the recommended equipment has now changed. Expect to see XP gain rates increasing by upwards of 10K/hr.

Hegel.png

• 3 weeks later...

It is certainly quite possible that training with chaotic weapons gives xp faster than Dharoking does. I haven't had a chance to test it though as I do not have a chaotic weapon. In any case, seeing as skeletal monkeys do not drop effigies, it is probable that, discounting the need to train slayer, Dharoking is no longer the most efficient method of training melee. Dharoking still retains its enjoyability, though.

Hegel.png

For capes, you listed the 120 dungeoneering cape as being better than a normal trimmed skill cape. Is there a difference in stats?

Apart from losing 21k more if you were to die, there is no difference at all. Also i don't think it's particularly helpful mentioning that cape when there is less out than there than normal people have fingers to count on.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

For capes, you listed the 120 dungeoneering cape as being better than a normal trimmed skill cape. Is there a difference in stats?

Yes, I believe it has +8 prayer instead of a regular trimmed skillcape's +4 prayer bonus. Other than that....no difference.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

• 1 month later...

Just a few updates:

2. There is now Ardougne Cloak 4 (although it is not superior to Cloak 3).
  3. It seems that the Dungeoneering Master Cape doesn't (or no longer) provides a prayer bonus over regular trimmed skillcapes, so it is no longer as heavily recommended.
  4. There is now elite void, which should help to lengthen chinning trips (and cut costs) significantly.

Also, I will soon be far too busy to update this guide or answer questions regularly due to real life commitments.

Hegel.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So drumgun is gaining 8M ranged xp per day, I heard. I'm here to theorize about how he does this. Let's say he plays 18h a day (which should be more or less accurate), that's 444k per hour. Would this be possible with the following set up:

99 ranged and prayer

Overloads

Rigour

Steel titan + scrolls

Elite bottoms + arma top + deflector (and gloves of course)

Soul wars cape for epic prayer bonus

Archer ring (i)

Ranger boots

Ranging amulet/fury

Would it be possible to get 450k ranged xp this way?

He's not gaining 8m perday, he gained 8m in one day. A "day" on runetrack is 30 hours, if you start just under 6 hours prior to where it ticks over for the day you will gain 6 hours worth of xp in the 1st minute of the new session.

He also could of spent more time during this particular period, just to set this daily record.

Dec 31 - Jan 1 : 6m

Jan 1 - Jan 2: 6.4m

Jan 2 - Jan 3: 8m

Jan 3 - Jan 4: 5m

I would say ask him, but he isn't going to say, at least until he is finished but I believe it's nothing out of the ordinary just all day spent doing it

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com