Melee, Ranging, and Two Slight Diversions

Hegel

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wear a archer ring , would you get a lot more xp ? Because i won't die anyway :P

You might end up getting 1K more xp per hour. And you never know if you will die; all it takes is a lapse of concentration.

Hegel.png

• 2 weeks later...

To start of, apart from the guide itself I was really interested on the vocabulary used to explain every small detail with such a pasion that made it so comprehensible giving a touch of love ( couldn't find another word) that makes it so pleasant to read. One last thing, I would like to know what is your IQ if is not a private thing for you.

Thanks for those kind comments. I have never taken an IQ test but I'd like to think it's above average :)

Lol, I totally understand what you mean, sebas.

Geez, sorry for the off topic post ;)

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Do you recommend chinning with 53 prayer? I have 30m to spend from 90-99 with Grays, just wondering if thats enough.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Do you recommend chinning with 53 prayer? I have 30m to spend from 90-99 with Grays, just wondering if thats enough.

Obviously the higher the prayer level, the better. If for some abstruse reason you cannot get your prayer level above that figure, you can still chin provided you are willing to fork out the additional expenses and make more frequent banking trips. I can't say whether or not I would recommend it, although I would certainly recommend getting your prayer up. I'm quite sure 30M will be enough using greys, although considering how many more prayer potions you need the answer may well be negative.

I got 99 range today. 08/18/09.

Would just like to thank you personally, Chen.

99rangek.th.png

No problem :)

Hegel.png

It is not possible to be complete sure on an estimate so expecting to be so is an inevitably futile endeavour. How many you need depends on lots of factors such as your current level, how you chin and what you wear, but I would estimate around 25K.

You get 1 HP xp per 3 Ranged xp, so it is not hard to figure out that calculation at all.

Hegel.png

[hide=340K+ Ranged XP/hr]Comprehensive Guide to Advanced Chinchompa Ranging

Medium fuse uses the Chinchompas at a faster rate

Is this true? surely 'short fuse' should imply a faster rate.

Anyway, nice guide

[hide=340K+ Ranged XP/hr]Comprehensive Guide to Advanced Chinchompa Ranging

Medium fuse uses the Chinchompas at a faster rate

Is this true? surely 'short fuse' should imply a faster rate.

Anyway, nice guide

Misnomers abound.

Hegel.png

Allright thanks. I'm getting around 310k xp per 1300 thrown, so the calculations are fairly accurate. The new update that makes you stop whenever you get hit is annoying though, takes a second to walk over and pick up bones, so I figure I could get an extra 5-10k xp if they fixed it.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I presume you mean ancient magic in particular. Due to the very nature of ice spells, there is a tendency for the proper spreading of bones to be adversely affected, resulting in a suboptimal maging experience. Of course, the extent of this is greater for barrage spells than burst spells, as the former gives skeletons much less time to escape their glacial palisade.

This is not to say that bursting or barraging here is a bad way of gaining xp, for indeed it is one of the fastest ways. However, given the sheer enormity of the requisite expenses, it is probably beneficial for you to conduct tests on other non-ice ancient spells, for it is not inconceivable that they represent a more efficient method of training in light of ice's limitations as detailed above. The answer eludes me. Given the choice though I would rather use up my runes on the archetypal rock lobsters, for the bonus charms are to me too great a loss to surrender.

Hegel.png

I presume you mean ancient magic in particular. Due to the very nature of ice spells, there is a tendency for the proper spreading of bones to be adversely affected, resulting in a suboptimal maging experience. Of course, the extent of this is greater for barrage spells than burst spells, as the former gives skeletons much less time to escape their glacial palisade.

This is not to say that bursting or barraging here is a bad way of gaining xp, for indeed it is one of the fastest ways. However, given the sheer enormity of the requisite expenses, it is probably beneficial for you to conduct tests on other non-ice ancient spells, for it is not inconceivable that they represent a more efficient method of training in light of ice's limitations as detailed above. The answer eludes me. Given the choice though I would rather use up my runes on the archetypal rock lobsters, for the bonus charms are to me too great a loss to surrender.

=D> Such eloquence!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• 2 weeks later...