Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

C.H.A.V.S

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Antrune
[ Display Name History ]

Antrune

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
In the UK the majority of people despise a certain race known as 'Chavs'. Chav stands for 'Council House And Violent' (well thats what ive heard anyway). They tend to wear sports clothing eg. Nike, adidas, Puma etc., gold chunky cheap jewellery *sp?* and hang around in big groups in shopping centres. How many of you have encountered them? Wherever ive been Luton and Newcastle are the worst for them. Do you think they are un-fairly treated and its a form of social out casting or do you think they deserve the un-fair portrayal of their life and actions?

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over £300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
erm, i never heard of em, sounds interesting

btw you double topicededed blah
Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Antrune
[ Display Name History ]

Antrune

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
I know :oops: Maybe if your from another country can you relate to the sorta people im talking about?

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over £300 more then than what i paid.

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
We've got the same thing in Sweden, although they're called "fjortisar" here.

What can I say? Not a fan of them...

// Azvi.

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts

I know :oops: Maybe if your from another country can you relate to the sorta people im talking about?

well maybe.... just gangs tho... scary almost...
Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts
Chavs? Know idea what you mean, old chum. I'm from Liverpool, you see.

Antrune
[ Display Name History ]

Antrune

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
Liverpool :| theres lots up there I would immagine. Ive just been to southport and ive seen lots

Have a look here bubsa http://www.chavscum.co.uk

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts
Dude I was being sarcastic! :lol:

I live in the homeland of them. It's hell.

Antrune
[ Display Name History ]

Antrune

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
dude I feel very sorry for you indeed so many scousers rambling on quickly to you. Skin heads wherever you walk. Poundsavers and 'everything for a poiound' shops swarm you. Poor old bubsa, no wonder you went to flipping Africa :lol:

(you ever been been to southport?)

Ryan
[ Display Name History ]

Ryan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

dude I feel very sorry for you indeed so many scousers rambling on quickly to you. Skin heads wherever you walk. Poundsavers and 'everything for a poiound' shops swarm you. Poor old bubsa, no wonder you went to flipping Africa :lol:

I dont' mind the shoes... :oops:. I have a pair of white trainers like that cause I like the way that looks. Problem?

And what they hell is a scouser?

Futurama
[ Display Name History ]

Futurama

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,353 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Posted Image

Chav rude boys in their sooped up Nova. Sports clothes are both their smart and casual dress, always wear caps with hoodys, tracksuits, nike shox, socks tucked into their trackys. Short hair, always - can't be a rocker phag after all.

Street language is a must. Uneducated neanderthols using words such as "Safe" which means "everything is ok" or "thankyou," "innit" meaning "yes, i agree" or "don't you agree?"

Of course, you have to act like a chav too. You can't go a day without mugging a "camery fone" off a "rocker phag" and getting your daily dose of weed and cider. You have to sit on the back of the bus, and you're always better than everybody on there, no matter what. Make sure you flick chips at whoever happens to be on there, can't miss an opportunity like that.

Other words you may want to use include replacing "that" with "dat dere ting" and "ya wot" instead of "pardon me?" not to forget randomly shouting "BLIP BLIP!" at the top of your pre-pubescent voice.

You must wear heavy gold jewlerry - soverigns and chains for the lads, huge hoop earrings and clown pendants for the ladies. The only music you may like is Dizee Rascal and Speed Garage. You must refer to these not as "good music" but "FAT CHOOOONNZZZ!!!" And oh yeah, don't even think about wearing anything that isnt burberry, nike or lacoste.

I used to hang around with the chavs around my area, til they started getting into just causing trouble. I try not to stereotype, but its way too hard when they're all just clones. I actually went with a friend who buys erm, substances because he wanted me to. Don't ban me for saying that hahah. But anyway, it was a really chav-ridden area. He met a kid he knew down there who had a warning from the police. The kid got it out, and actually couldn't read it properly because he never learned to read. That's just terrible man.

But don't get the wrong idea. I know people who dress like chavs but thats just because they are who they are - most of them actually hate chavs. I guess you'd have to call these the stoners, as thats all they really do, but they're much better people than the chavs. I know people who are just, themselves...they might wear a lacoste tracksuit, but it doesnt affect them at all. Infact, they go to college. Nuff said.
Posted Image

-Til_Galind-
[ Display Name History ]

-Til_Galind-

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 84 posts
So wait, let me get this straight....Chavs are just people who wearing name branded clothes and shoes right? I don't know what you mean by violent but here in the USA people like to shop and buy name branded things such as nike shoes, gucci, fitted hats, some even where chains ( but not golds ones that's like back in the 90's ) anyway I looked at that site, J-lo is a chav? 50 cent? Eminem? all because of the clothes 'we' wear that makes us a chav? What do you people wear?

rocketman089
[ Display Name History ]

rocketman089

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted Image

Check out that beautiful set of English teeth.
Posted Image
Gamertag: King Arizona

999sam
[ Display Name History ]

999sam

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts

So wait, let me get this straight....Chavs are just people who wearing name branded clothes and shoes right? I don't know what you mean by violent but here in the USA people like to shop and buy name branded things such as nike shoes, gucci, fitted hats, some even where chains ( but not golds ones that's like back in the 90's ) anyway I looked at that site, J-lo is a chav? 50 cent? Eminem? all because of the clothes 'we' wear that makes us a chav? What do you people wear?

The things chavs wear are kind of different to what your are describing. Chavs wear tracksuits and cheap clothes because they are working class. They wear burberry and signet rings. Its not really the clothes that makes them so hated, its their attitude and what they do. I think futuramas description is great and really sums them up. If you lived in a large town or city in the Uk like Liverpool, Newcastle or Reading(my town) then you would understand and hate them just as much. To awnser antrunes question i think the social outcasting they recieve is well deserved.

cjlhdevil
[ Display Name History ]

cjlhdevil

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,531 posts

Check out that beautiful set of English teeth.

Posted Image Sure as hell beat americans eh?

Demeige
[ Display Name History ]

Demeige

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
that would be like the Bloods or the Crips here.
How does a profession differ from an occupation?

rocketman089
[ Display Name History ]

rocketman089

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted Image Sure as hell beat americans eh?

You realize that those teeth are fake right? You got that image from a costume shop :roll: .
Posted Image
Gamertag: King Arizona

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

that would be like the Bloods or the Crips here.

No far from it. Chavs are just nothing. All talk no action.

Council House Associated Virus.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts

dude I feel very sorry for you indeed so many scousers rambling on quickly to you.

Ah, you get used to it. It's quite fun actually I can do it myself

Skin heads wherever you walk.

Not the best, are they?

Poundsavers and 'everything for a poiound' shops swarm you.

Wait...what's wrong with them? :(

Poor old bubsa, no wonder you went to flipping Africa :lol:

Yes! I've been to the pleasure island! Hell good fun! :D

How2PK
[ Display Name History ]

How2PK

Troll General

• Members
  • 10,372 posts
Hahah! Chavs, hahahah. I'm not even from England and I've spend a lot of time laughing at those "Chav of the day" pictures. Oh man, so funny. Those aweful Burberry caps. Posted Image We have a same thing going on in Holland. They're called the "Breezers" or "BrEeZaHz", they're 13/14 to 18 year olds, binge drinking and stuff, however they don't terrorize shopping centres and stuff.

At this website you can change your normal name to a "BrEeZaH" name. Posted Image Nothing special though, they leave out a few letters and they do "LiEk ThIsz". Posted Image
Posted Image
Signature by Maurice Sendak
When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users